The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confirmation That Everyone is Just as Laggy

sup
sup
✭✭✭
So I just want to make sure that I'm not alone in this extreme lag. I know that everyone is lagging badly, I just want to be sure I'm not an extreme outlier or some other issue is also at play. It's kind of hard to tell I guess, but in this video I'm trying to switch weapons, block, roll, use skills, etc and absolutely nothing happens. I start to cast and then just stop over and over or my weapon switches are literally 3~4 seconds late if they even happen. The other player seems to be able to use skills and stuff. Maybe they just know how to play with the lag and cast WAY slower and wait? I don't know, but this is totally unplayable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsRKHkkriUo
Edited by sup on October 17, 2020 10:08PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup it happens to everyone. What might be happening is that your skills and weapon swaps are working, it just isn't updating your UI. So you swap and swap only to end up where you were. Your skill aren't hitting or greyed out because your target is not where you see him on your screen, so there is no target. The guy your fighting is having the same problems, so you both just run around AOE'ing until something hits.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. And just so you know, you add risk of it by using a gap closer.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an example of one of ZOS's biggest failures: The De-sync.

In the De-sync, you can't use abilities, you can't switch bars, you can't block, you can't dodge roll. You watch as your hit points dwindle to nothing and you die.

A huge failure of game mechanics. A complete failure of basic implementation.

Often the De-sync , these days, is caused by gap closers ,and leap.

So my perfected VMA maul just gets me killed as I charge to a player then die unable to do anything for up to 10 seconds.

The desync from charge and leap seems relatively new to me. They did something that screwed these skills up. I don't know if ZOS is even aware of it (although I have bugged it several times)
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got desync sevenral times from getting stunned by a streak.

Basically my character was able to move around but none of my abilities worked, moments later I got teleported back to the location where I was stunned by streak.
  • sup
    sup
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. The gap closer thing makes a lot of sense. This has been happening way more since I started using one.
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    Desync is awful its the worst its ever been, b4 it was only snipe, now lots of skills cause that, I came back a month ago after a long break but I just cant get to play the game since 90% of my pvp experience is lag and desync
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag was, alrightish, for the first two hours tonight. But then the bloops and griffs both began pushing south en mase and hitting multiple Ad targets all at once.

For a bit gap closers just refused to do damage at all. I hit one guy five times and it never registered anything on him. SAme deal with skills like hidden blade or others with interrupts in them. They just would NOT go off even when the game took the resource and or did the anaimation.

During a fight at nikel this one lost the ability to use any skills whatsoever. A later fight for Carmala saw the entire group unable to weapon swap. All of which occured right as another group was pushing at us.

Which was all caught on tonight's stream. The worst parts were in the last 30 minutes.

EDI: The werewolf gap closer is effectively unusable right now no matter what the state of the server. Before its secondary attack was unreliable at best. Now it's more likely to lock you into an animation rendering you unable to do anything until you die. Assuming the skill even goes off in the first place.
    Edited by Telel on October 19, 2020 1:06AM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    ...Often the De-sync , these days, is caused by gap closers ,and leap...

Ahhh this makes so much sense. I was playing a full cancer vMA/Unleashed/Sheer build for a week. During primetime this would happen to me, but no one else seemed to be able to attack me either. After a while it would teleport me back to my previous location like 30-45sec ago.

• JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    ...Often the De-sync , these days, is caused by gap closers ,and leap...

Ahhh this makes so much sense. I was playing a full cancer vMA/Unleashed/Sheer build for a week. During primetime this would happen to me, but no one else seemed to be able to attack me either. After a while it would teleport me back to my previous location like 30-45sec ago.

I use lotus fan on my NB, and this is a fairly regular occurrence. The only thing that seems to happen more often is the where the animation goes off and the attack hits...except I don't change position at all. Somehow I'm on top of them and able to land the lotus, but then if I try to soul harvest suddenly I'm out of range.

So did I teleport into range, or did I not?

At that point I always just assume the servers have placed me into a quantum entanglement situation with a side of Schrodinger. I am neither at point A nor point B, but simultaneously at both A and B, while also being present at neither A nor B, all at the same time.

Hey, maybe this is why the game is so laggy? ZOS got their Win95 servers over here doing hardcore quantum physics when really I'm just trying to kill some dude in Cyrodiil.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if this will make a difference for anyone else, but I too was having EXTREME issues and have been learning a lot about networking and whatnot trying to be sure that it's not just on my end, since I live in rural ass nowhere usa and have 3rd world LTE internet.

I'll spare you all the deets, but if you run a speed test from the ps4 built in test, does it by any chance give a "packet fragmentation" message at the bottom of the screen?

If so, grab your PC and google how to find the proper MTU size for your internet using command prompt.

There are lots of people saying to set MTU to XXXX, cause it worked for them...but the only way to find out what your network needs is to do this.

After setting this correctly, I still have lag and *** but it is 1000x better.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got kicked 3 times from Cyro,then I got the "character already logged in", waited 30 min to get back and now server kicked me out again!!!!!
    got to wait another 30 min to log back and all this with skills not working,bar swap disabled and tons of lag when fighting

Improve the servers?? Lollll, never will happen
    Edited by method__01 on October 21, 2020 9:33PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• DjinnAeternam
    DjinnAeternam
    ✭✭✭
    Yes game is still laggy, desyncs still happen, skills still not working as they should, players still teleporting/rubberbanding around.

At this point ZoS is just feeding from players hoping it will improve, and keep them subscribing and buying crowns.

Improvements will never happen, ZoS is only focused on mitigation/management, can't remember game being in so bad shape like now, Cyrodiil max poplock size was never so low as of now, and even with 3s GCD on most of skills, we still see such a small improvement, so much lag and descyncs going on. PVP is actually boring now.

It's the greed from investing money into solving problems at it's root, while focusing on max profit.

Imagine having players "beta-testing" your 6 year-old game and paying subscriptions for it..

• raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you are experiencing there is exactly what combat is like for me in Cyro. I go there something like once every month, experience what you show there, then log out after 5 min, and go back to BG's only.

Unfortunately for me, BG's are getting more and more laggy as well. In about a year or so, they will be unplayable as well (No CP Cyrodiil was lag free when they started it. Just look where that is now.).

And of course, there are times like right now, where i am on the foums instead of playing because the BG queue is not working. Even simple multiplayer matchmaking is too much to ask of ZOS.

Sigh.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am willing to pay $100 monthly subscription if there are no lags. I can normally play for only 1 hour every day and sometime only few time a week, its frustrating to play with all this lag. I will buy again if needed if they open asia server. I paid monthly premium vpn anyway to reduce latency.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    The game is dying and zos are unable to fix it, No matter what they say about "the year of performance".
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Yup it happens to everyone. What might be happening is that your skills and weapon swaps are working, it just isn't updating your UI. So you swap and swap only to end up where you were. Your skill aren't hitting or greyed out because your target is not where you see him on your screen, so there is no target. The guy your fighting is having the same problems, so you both just run around AOE'ing until something hits.

This! Exactly what happens to me.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    My d swing still hangs and then super saiyan swings 30 times to implode my victim. Rally and elude never fire when mashed. Luckily my jabs, rune, and my cleanse are on cd so I don’t lag so much :smile:
    Edited by Dunning_Kruger on October 26, 2020 3:11AM

For the Queen bby
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Grey Host lag always way worse than Blackreach or Raven watch even when the pop bars are the same? I rarely play in Gray Host but have checked it out and noticed this on multiple occasions. Friends mention the same.
    Edited by Hexvaldr on October 27, 2020 7:08PM
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azmarul wrote: »
    Why is Grey Host lag always way worse than Blackreach or Raven watch even when the pop bars are the same? I rarely play in Gray Host but have checked it out and noticed this on multiple occasions. Friends mention the same.

Some people have theorized that the leaderboard may be causing lag. Think about it, greyhost and blackreach have the same capacity, but greyhost has more people homed there which equals a bigger leaderboard.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "