The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Idea For New Type of Crafting Writ

Schwa83b14_ESO
Schwa83b14_ESO
✭✭✭
I would like to offer an idea for a new, more lucrative/involved type of crafting writ. The rough idea would be something like this:

Player picks up one of these new writs, let's say in Eastmarch. The writ asks the player to craft certain items that must then be delivered in another zone. For this example, let's say the writ picked up in Eastmarch needs delivered to Deshaan.

However, this type of writ is a larger order and therefore once the writ is ready you get a bag that the character carries on their back. While this bag is on your player, you cannot use wayshrines or mounts. You must go on foot, and use zone doors, therefore making it more like a journey or trek to your destination. Perhaps this writ system could also introduce a new mount type designed for these writs, such as a Donkey. But again, no wayshrine porting.

Another idea could incorporate some possible dangers along the way, like a chance to get jumped by bandits.

Rewards for turning in this type of writ would be: Gold (notably more than a normal writ), and/or destination zone goods i.e. gear sets that drop in the destination zone, recipes (housing, food, drink) such as racial specific ones relative to the destination zone. Essentially creating a more interactive and involved writ that offers better rewards and more options to get your hands are some rarer items.

I would think a writ system like this would be not be open to the player from the beginning, but something that you get access to once you hit a certain level or max out one of the crafting professions.

I would love to see crafting writs expanded into something in this general direction.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have writs that required us to travel and pay us based on the amount of work required (technically based on the rarity of items required for crafting). From the rewards for these second-tier writs we have special vendors for purchasing items that only they (or the crown store) have.

It really sounds like OP is asking for master writs. Just buy items from those vendors and sell them. That will exchange the rewards for gold. Between that and the already very lucrative regular crafting writs you would make out like a bandit.
  • Schwa83b14_ESO
    Schwa83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It was more inspired by the trade packs/trade routes seen in Archeage (One of the very few things I liked from that game). Yes, I appreciate master writs, and the original writs. I'd like to see something that adds a bit more gameplay length/engagement is all.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was more inspired by the trade packs/trade routes seen in Archeage (One of the very few things I liked from that game). Yes, I appreciate master writs, and the original writs. I'd like to see something that adds a bit more gameplay length/engagement is all.

1. you are required to travel to a different location just to craft any armor or weapons for a master writ.
    2. Turn in locations is limited to only one city per alliance which also means we have to travel to a specific location.

Basically, from the description provided we have something significantly superior to what archeage offers which does not surprise me. Also, I really do not think devs should outright copy what other games do as they need to be their own game and again, from the description, it seems ESO has done this well.

I am not arguing against the idea. I am just pointing out the fact that we already have something very much like was is suggested without being required to ride a mule.