Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two New Weeks of AoE Testing How do you feel about it?

Lord_Bashu
Lord_Bashu
✭✭✭
So, now a total of 2 months of Testing

By the way, a Fact:
That's 8 weeks, or 56 days, or 80,640 Minutes or 1/6 of a year.

How do you feel about the Testing?

How do you feel about 1/6 of your Game Playing Year being spent "testing"

Do think it will yield any results? Good, Bad..

On Scale of 1-10, how do you feel about testing

10=I hate this testing, I think this is really messed up..

1=The testing is great, can't wait for more.. its going to change the game for the better.

How many of you remember when, Cyro had no issue with AoE?

How many remember Zos making Promises last year on all the Cyro improvements over the 2020?

On Scale of 1-=10 How do you feel about the year of improvements in Cyro promised this year 2020?

10 = Vast Improvement
1=Its way worse than a Year ago.

Last Question, How many of you press a button in the "any" game, with an expectation that an animation will go off and you will do some damage and that it will be some what in sync?

10=High expectation
1=No that's not how games work.

how many of you have an issue in Cyro with the above happening?
Edited by Lord_Bashu on October 16, 2020 9:05PM
  • Lord_Bashu
    Lord_Bashu
    ✭✭✭
    Testing =10
    Improvements=1
    Expectation=10

Most Skills.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Improvements? Has it been any at all? If its the opposite of improvement then yes, its been a huuuuge improvement overall!
  • Zoaiy
    Zoaiy
    I honestly think that the testing periods are great, good for zos, trying finally to do the right thing and improve performance in cyro.
    I just find the tests they do really odd, if they know aoes are the problem, why not first rework some not needed aoe skills like jabs, arctic storm, force pulse to solve the aoe issue and then add to that group limitations
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well they have given me two more weeks of not wanting to go to cyro.
    I really don't like how they're pushing aoe cooldowns, if they end up going with them they will have to rework many skills from the ground up so classes can function properly and it will spill over to other parts of the game like bgs.
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭
    So far, all of these tests seem intended to punish people who want to play dedicated healers in pvp. There hasn't really been one yet that wasn't awful for us.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it amusing that the new tests are basically "So, if we change just about everything that makes Cyrodiil Cyrodiil, will it work better?"

I mean, if it helps, cool! But I'm not sure I'll really recognize Cyrodiil PVP by the time they make the changes needed to fix it.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 16, 2020 11:29PM
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These tests have basically meant that competitive pvp guilds in cyrodiil haven't been able to really *play* in weeks, and won't be able to for a few more weeks. Every week different, often nonsensical and usually ineffective changes that necessitate totally different builds and metas. Honestly, I'm sorry but it's just time to find a different game and stop paying to be ZOS's guinea pigs.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • pma_pacifier
    pma_pacifier
    ✭✭✭
    On Scale of 1-10, how do you feel about testing 10=I hate this testing, I think this is really messed up..

How do you feel about the year of improvements in Cyro promised this year 2020? 1=Its way worse than a Year ago.

How many of you press a button in the "any" game, with an expectation that an animation will go off and you will do some damage and that it will be some what in sync? 10 - HIGH EXPECTATION
    Zoaiy wrote: »
    I honestly think that the testing periods are great, good for zos, trying finally to do the right thing and improve performance in cyro.
    I just find the tests they do really odd, if they know aoes are the problem, why not first rework some not needed aoe skills like jabs, arctic storm, force pulse to solve the aoe issue and then add to that group limitations

With wholesale AOE cooldowns and increased costs, the server still lags. So are AOEs THE problem?
    Going through the tests with the premise that AOEs, Players etc are the problem is the wrong way forward. They are affecting player behavior and experience, whether to stop them from playing altogether.

It seems that they are trying to look for a result or search for a justification to implement a drastic measure that I'm afraid would just make people quit.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been able to roll with it for the most part, gathered some geode tiers. I was honestly going to miss the double AP after this week. Looks like I have another chance to farm a few more. Although, that 8th week...yikes.
    Edited by driosketch on October 17, 2020 2:25AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite honestly this is the worst performance I've ever had on a videogame by a decent margin.
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like many others, I bought ESO shortly after launch, largely based on the promise of massive battles of many players versus many players. PvP as a 1v1 activity just never interested me. But siege warfare and massive field fights? I went to Cyrodiil the first time and got my ass handed to me - but i fell in love with it and never left. All these years later, same map, same keeps and outposts but still every other game pales in comparison to the large scale combat in Cyrodiil.

And month after month, performance and the user experience has gotten worse and worse. They removed the deer. They changed skills and gear over and over and over under the guise of “balance” with PvE and performance improvement that never performed or improved. New PvE content came and went but not much for Cyro and PvP. We adapted and made do, have been flexible with each change and still performance has continued to deteriorate. And when I look at the tests being performed they are clearly targeting the groups who play in Cyrodiil the way it was intended to be played.

And I’m sad for the new players who never got to experience how truly wonderful it was in the beginning. Subjecting loyal users and subscribers to this testing is a travesty that people are putting up with because they are desperate for the problems to be fixed. It’s taking advantage of our desperation for a playable game. And its a shame because the alliance war and Cyrodiil is a wonderful premise. It just makes me sad to think they might use this testing as a way to justify eliminating what made it magical to begin with.

Bugmom
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please white list sweeps; or put a cooldown on surpise attack; dizzy swing; and any other spammable.

For the Queen bby
  • Incursion
    Incursion
    ✭✭✭
    Game was currently nearly unplayable, now its unplayable and after the "tests" it will be back to nearly unplayable so thats improvement right?
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Winnamine wrote: »
    These tests have basically meant that competitive pvp guilds in cyrodiil haven't been able to really *play* in weeks, and won't be able to for a few more weeks. Every week different, often nonsensical and usually ineffective changes that necessitate totally different builds and metas. Honestly, I'm sorry but it's just time to find a different game and stop paying to be ZOS's guinea pigs.

I'm not sure which guilds you are referring to. All the guilds which participate in gvg events have been playing cyro for the last few weeks.

I agree that the tests are a little exhaustive at this point but equally they offer some chance to theorycraft and change roles etc. It's been interesting. I don't rlly think they are going in the right direction regarding AoE but the group size and external healing changes were nice.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Bashu wrote: »

Last Question, How many of you press a button in the "any" game, with an expectation that an animation will go off and you will do some damage and that it will be some what in sync?

10=High expectation
    1=No that's not how games work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV97ozaD4vs
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish ZOS would do tests to figure out what the issue is.

Currently it seems like they decided that AOEs are the problem and now they try to make tests that "prove" this is the case. However based on the experience so far, it's still lagging and this new round of tests just seems to aim at making ppl quit pvp to "fix" the lag.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have a test with a strict cutoff on "in combat"? My personal tinfoil theory is the in combat bug is causing lag. When people don't die, its retaining info from that fight for sometimes hours. This would explain the oft cited "ball groups cause lag"... they don't die and are hit by lots of people. All of that data has to be constantly calculated until that group dies.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    Can we have a test with a strict cutoff on "in combat"? My personal tinfoil theory is the in combat bug is causing lag. When people don't die, its retaining info from that fight for sometimes hours. This would explain the oft cited "ball groups cause lag"... they don't die and are hit by lots of people. All of that data has to be constantly calculated until that group dies.

Would not say its tin foil, the number of calculations and checks that likely need to be done to establish the player is being held in combat are massive......worst part is we are supposed to be automatically out of combat in 6 secs without attacks. This one thing is a strong contender for additional server strain at the VERY least than much of what they have been testing.
  • csparks1
    csparks1
    ✭✭✭
    How is it that we are paying to BETA TEST a game that is about 6 years old...

I want a refund on my players plus, or 2 free months or something m- this is BS

6 weeks was too much, and now they are adding 2 more weeks?

THIS GAME IS NOT FUN ANYMORE FOR PVPers

TEST ON THE TEST SERVER!
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they have to near completely gut combat in order to reduce lag, then I would rather just have the lag.

If any of these go through, I will probably look for another game to play.

Im just holding out hope that these tests are just so they have a concrete number to point to when the higher ups try to blame the lag on the players.
    Edited by Greasytengu on October 18, 2020 12:34AM
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These tests have been some of the most fun I've had in this game for awhile. It has given me the motivation to finally have a reason to play and main Nightblade. :smile:

Nay, not just motivation, but necessity. Alas, amongst all the victims, it is the Nightblade class that remains master of all classes for solo play. In the -entirety- of these tests, making well over 40 million AP and playing only NB, I would have never even -realized- that there was even an "aoe" testing going on. For blessed thee is the Nightblade class. Where every single other class struggles as their core mechanics get penalized even when played solo and small-scale, Nightblade is immune from these nuisance of a "test." When you playeth Nightblade, this is just a prolonged midyear mayhem for thee. Glory be, to Nightblade, master of all classes.

Yay, glory and appreciation to the Nightblade class. Where it not for my decision on a random day 5 years ago deciding to power level one... "just to have" I do not think I'd have tolerated these tests. I would have missed out on much fun pvp... much AP to be made. I would have never thought would come the day I'd be so thankful that I took the time, to fully level all skill-lines on a completely and utterly -unused- Nightblade. Perhaps my sub-conscious deep inside just knew and confirmed my bias all along, that Nightblade was always the singular favored and superior class with not even remote equal. S-tier. Instead of doing what we as consumers would expect from a multi-billion dollar corporation whom owns an MMO that is superior to all others and has such dominating promise over any new titles for the next couple of decades; allocate proper finance to upgrade and boost server capacity for all benefit. They will instead choose to further alienate the player base, and change the game in ways we all express sheer displeasure at.... all for a small percent fiscal boost. Woe is clearly us.

How do I feel about the testing? Completely apathetic. These testings have done zero for server performance. I have mained the master of all classes, Nightblade. I have played it solo and small-group and have had nothing but fun with it, ganking all the other players that struggle on classes that are on cooldown. I have selfishly made as much AP as I could, feeding off of the misery of all the other classes. Blessed thee, is the Nightblade class. I have not had as much fun as a solo player... in years because of all the various nerfs and changes ZOS has done to penalize it, and promote zerging and "uPPiNg tHe bAR" but alas, Nightblade was here for me too enjoy. Thank you Nightblade, master of all classes for re-invigorating my love for solo-play.

On a scale of 1 - 10, how do I rate the testing? I give it a solid 10. It is utterly detrimental to everyone's enjoyment of the game. It achieves nothing. Instead of throwing darts, the corporate management need to stop leeching off of us, the players, and the game developers who have true passion for the game they maintain. Boost the damn server capacity, permanently. Not just for "events" where you can sell more crowns.

On Scale of 1 - 10 How do I feel about the year of improvements in Cyro promised this year 2020? A solid -1. They have done nothing but completely disappoint.

What is my expection on a scale of 1 - 10 of my abilities going off somewhat in sync when I press them? I ask thee, what foolery is this? You see, Zenimax "don't do that around here" and they do not take kindly to people that even suggest such an absurd notion. You do not need abilities to be in sync when making a crown purchase, and playing overland content where even quest bosses die to 5 light attacks. Not even Nightblade master of all classes is free from such burden. We are all too unworthy to have our abilities go off, in sync, as we activate them. It just works ok?
    Neqamancer | Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FIVE YEARS
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I'm sorry but it's just time to find a different game and stop paying to be ZOS's guinea pigs.

Wowww people still play this game ?? :D

NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm sorry but it's just time to find a different game and stop paying to be ZOS's guinea pigs.

Wowww people still play this game ?? :D

Hey, quarantine is boring ok? Don't judge me stalker! 😭
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • Winnamine
    Winnamine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure which guilds you are referring to. All the guilds which participate in gvg events have been playing cyro for the last few weeks.

I agree that the tests are a little exhaustive at this point but equally they offer some chance to theorycraft and change roles etc. It's been interesting. I don't rlly think they are going in the right direction regarding AoE but the group size and external healing changes were nice.

I think every guild has had a presence out there, but one could hardly call it normal play. At least...I hope what I've been seeing out there isn't what's normal now 😂

But that's to be expected. No one is used to working with the testing conditions, and since each week is a new test, we never get a chance to get used to it. Plus, a lot of players just don't want to play like this. I won't. I hate the cooldowns and escalating costs that basically amount to cooldowns. ESO combat is fun bc it's fluid and dynamic. Or, it was.
    Winni
    ~
    VE
    Decibel
  • o4m
    o4m
    ✭✭✭
    Double AP for kills is too much, so Bomber become emp by not sieging anything - often they just (suicide) bomb player repairing Maingate or on Flaggs after Keeps gone. Its really bad if "suicide"-bombing is being rewarded in games.
    CP160+ Ohm - Templar, ex-emp

*Anti-Troll*
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like a gankblade.

Up until this point, I came up with semi-broken build for my MagSorc to meh way in but last two weeks make me think that these tests are not thought through.

I mean first few rules of gathering accurate data you'd want a normal population. You literally obliterated a class as a whole. I didn't see any MagPlar around during the tests, if I did they were dead anyway.

When you say AOE what I think is conduit, wall of elements, shock pulsar etc

Not a conjured ward without pet, not rune focus etc.

I so much want to play MagDen, but how? Even on buff phase I would drop to 0% recovery, lol.

I wish devs took the time to play their own game and see how incredible to expect for us to play this...
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    Made the mistake of going into cyro on my DK to get tier1. On my way out to get a resource i got ganked, clicked my buff and couldnt do anything at all becouse 90% of my skills were on CD. So i died ofcourse, logged off this BS and tbh dont even know if im even going to log on atleast for the next 2 weeks.
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskaldt wrote: »
    Made the mistake of going into cyro on my DK to get tier1. On my way out to get a resource i got ganked, clicked my buff and couldnt do anything at all becouse 90% of my skills were on CD. So i died ofcourse, logged off this BS and tbh dont even know if im even going to log on atleast for the next 2 weeks.

You should and you should force yourself to cause as much lag as you can, otherwhise zos will just be like " WOW this test WORKED" (because noone wanted to play)
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that's going to fix the lag is:

1. Rewrite the code, using qualified programers who document everything they do, finally eliminating the spaghetti code.
    2. Compile that new code on top of a modern game engine that's actually capable of handling large scale combat.
    3. Serve all that up from servers that are current.
    4. Purchase enough bandwidth to handle all of the current throughput plus an additional 20% - 25%.

Don't hold your breath on any of that much less all of it. In the meantime, they could easily use Battle Spirit to disable ALL proc sets in Cyrodiil to test how that would improve performance.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia