The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Wraithhome is for sale again this week, but still no matching building materials.

Jaraal
Jaraal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Wraithhome, along with Pariah's Pinnacle and other homes in a dark gray or blue color scheme are left yet again without complimentary floors, walls, stairs and the like that would allow us to customize without our additions looking completely out of place.

Alinor = too white.
Murkmire = too green
Elsweyr = too reddish brown
Solitude = too tan/green/gold

There are a lot of assets of this dark nature that were used to build the darker stone homes. Can we have access to some of them, please?
RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    daedric? Like daedric platforms.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was touring this home tonight with my GF (obviously in separate instances). We noted a number of issues with this home.

• The size is too large to be able to decorate it effectively, even if one has ESO+. That house would easily eat up 1200 furniture slots with its size. Maybe if one used all clockwork furniture (which has many large items), you could scrape by with 700.
    • There is very little furniture in game that would work in the home based on it's theme.
    • Subjective - The giant skulls over the doorways looks dumb. Those doorways would look much nicer with just the arch, and maybe small skulls placed at the top...or better yet a little dimple cut into the arch for the player to place their own skulls should they choose.
    • Subjective - It's too expansive for what it is.
    • The scale seems off vs the player avatar. The bottoms of windows is very high up.

Overall there was nothing that really drew us into the house, ohh she did not like the layout. I really have no opinion on the layout myself.

The plus side, I think it has a cool name.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The house is great. I'd love there to be a darker style of structural furniture perhaps like the black Alinor. They would be useful in a lot of homes. The psijic tables etc are good for use here. I think you can get too hung up on having everything matching too sometimes.
    I've been bosmering up the place and when I first started I thought it wasn't going to work, doesn't match etc. Still a long way to go but it seems better now more things are in and varying the items makes it more interesting.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only daedric items fit the stones of the house (murkmire and dwemer are also dark, but their finish is different), which indeed makes it hard to decorate thematically.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daedric? Like daedric platforms.

Most Daedric furnishings have red in them, whereas Wraithhome is almost exclusively black and blue. Certainly there are a few Daedric furnishings that could be made to work, but my request is for wall panels, flooring panels, and stairs.

The Solitude floor could be made to work in Wraithhome, but the existing floors are one of the major selling points. And you don't know how many times I've tried working on Pariah's Pinnacle only to be frustrated by how incongruous the existing building materials we have look against that dark gray stone. I look at the steps that the devs used there and think, why can't we use those, too? I want to build a castle facade with a stairway up by the back waterfalls, but every time I try it looks so out of place.

They seem to show interest in the wonderful creations the community comes up with, so why not expand our toolbox a little bit so we can be even more creative? Let us build or buy some of those structural furnishings in the developer toolkit! The artwork is already done, so all that would be required is to create praxes for them that players could acquire, by whatever means.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't have structures that matches any house really, except a few Elsweyr ones.
    We don't have any Breton or Imperial stones, no Vvardenfell mushroomy stuff, no argonian mud, no base game high elf, no bosmer structures whatsoever, no orcish ones either except some pillars and a few other things etc.

We're lacking structures for everything.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on October 17, 2020 2:57AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    • Subjective - The giant skulls over the doorways looks dumb. Those doorways would look much nicer with just the arch, and maybe small skulls placed at the top...or better yet a little dimple cut into the arch for the player to place their own skulls should they choose.

Definitely agree with this, and probably the main reason I didn't buy it. Too problematic and item limit intensive to cover them all up. If I were 12, I would probably think they were cool as hell..... but that was a long time ago, and today, not so much.

• Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭

B-but then the art department would have to do a new design for a house, instead of just copying Crypt of Hearts and Vaults of Madness architecture when they made this one!

/s
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »

B-but then the art department would have to do a new design for a house, instead of just copying Crypt of Hearts and Vaults of Madness architecture when they made this one!

/s

I have not really paid attention to dungeons as far as their art (I dont run dungeons often, so sometimes even ones I ran feel new), but after my GF pointed out those skulls and doorways, it just stuck in my head.

So I guess it was a week ago or so, I was running CoH I for the undaunted daily. I noticed the same architecture during the run (especially the doorways with the skulls). I just shook my head.

I mean I get it, I have made assets for games. It makes sense ( and is pretty mandatory) to reuse assets. It helps stretch the budget, but sometimes new development is welcome (and required), especially for assets like homes in ESO.