The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Consolidated Loot from Crafting Surveys

osthyvel
osthyvel
✭✭
The surveys stack. Can the materials from the node stack also. Some of us have like 1000 surveys. Entirely my fault but also brings up the question of why not a quality of life improvement regarding this. I'm sure most players would like to just hit a node once and get all of the materials from the surveys they have regarding that node, without having to enter and exit the area where the node is countless times.

Thoughts?
Current GM of KNOW YOUR PLACE
Former GM of TOXIC
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    I think that part of the reason this type of content exists is to provide motivation for players to leave the city and revisit areas of the game that they might not otherwise have any reason to do. It builds immersion and makes us feel like were "not alone" when we see other players moving out and about doing different activities within the game. Allowing players to hoard surveys and then redeem them all at once would have the opposite effect of what I believe they're intended to do.
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be more convenient, but I don't think it's necessary.

I let my surveys build until I get 20 of a spot, then I go farm just that spot. Seems to have the best amount of mats to time spent for me. I get a bunch of mats, and don't have to spend too long to get them.

Doing 1000 at a time is too much though. You should spread that out over time.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of change wouldn’t be fair to the players who are putting in the time to get the rewards, @osthyvel.

In other words, using developer resources to streamline “X” number of writ dailies in “Y” amount of time (to redeem “Z” amount of stacked surveys) ... isn’t something that makes ESO a better game.
  • deevoh1991
    deevoh1991
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't think they're gonna help reduce footwork so much . More time running around is more money passively for them
    PSN GT : Divzor
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deevoh1991 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think they're gonna help reduce footwork so much . More time running around is more money passively for them

ZOS doesn't generate their revenues through contact time with the game, @deevoh1991, so that's not passive income.

They do generate revenues through sales of the base game, Chapters, and Crowns.

I think players should be aware by now that when they select any MMO, there is an inherent grind already baked in ... before they even click "play". That's no different when we talk about the subject of surveys.
  • Pinoh
    Pinoh
    ✭✭✭
    They should do a Qol improvement I agree. But nothing as dramatic as OP suggests. Instead I'd like to see them reduce the number of nodes from 6 to 3, with twice the mats in each node. Would reduce the time spent on surveys, by a small amount, and remove some unnecessary clicking.
    come visit my slide at my enchanted snow globe