Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My experience with battle grounds...

Merforum
Merforum
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing battle grounds for about 5 weeks every day and mostly it is fun, 15 minutes is amazing cuz I can't take much more than 15 minutes at a time with arthritis. Anyway, to everyone who plays battle grounds HELLO IT IS NOT ONLY DEATHMATCH. I have been getting at least 2 people on my team. 25% there's only 3 so that's the whole team, who have NO CLUE, even when I tell them the objective. They are either hiding somewhere or fighting people instead of doing objectives. So I'll make it simple...

Chaos ball - GET THE BALL, team mates protect ball holder )(Do NOT stay on opposite side of map fight someone)

Domination - Get and HOLD flag (team gets points for HOLDING flag NOT getting same ones over and over)

Crazy King - OK now you can get flags like 'crazy' as soon as they spawn, 2 strats get asap and go to next or hold until it disappears so other team cant steal

Grab Relic - Don't let anyone steal your relic, sneak into enemy base, take relic, take back to home base ASAP AND DROP OFF (do NOT run past home base, to other side of map, get killed, so enemy takes relic so we get ZERO points and give them free points)

I actually lover the clueless people thinking everything is deathmatch when they are on other team but I'm getting too many on mine lately. If I can learn in a few weeks, everyone should be able.

Separate point, ZOS why is it so hard to create a queue that works correctly, 3-4-4 and 2-4-4 SUCKS, FIX IT.

[Edit title for Baiting.]
Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 14, 2020 3:26AM
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    You’re gonna have to get used to it lol. Especially when they take away the ability to queue for specific game types.
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »
    You’re gonna have to get used to it lol. Especially when they take away the ability to queue for specific game types.

Yeah some people in a few groups said the same thing I did, and they friended me. So I think I'll have to group up, unless groups turn into massively 1 sided again. But if cheaters/morons go in groups, solo queue might get better.

This is a new one, had a guy today that literally killed himself before we started because someone on the team had hollowfang set on. Then all he did was say 'You all suck' over and over. Meanwhile I got 2000 points and he only got 1000, but he was right the other 2 were worthless. We only lost second place by a few points so this guy ruined it.

But did notice today some serious lag and I hit a dude who was DK leap on me with knockback arrow and he stuck in the air for a few seconds then flew back. Luckily I don't even think his ult hit me, actually that was funny.

My LAG was trying to hit my Ult over and over until it goes off. It literally happens every time and many times is the difference between me nuking someone or dying. Hate it.
    Edited by Merforum on October 14, 2020 2:46AM
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG almost a year later and BGs has become toxic beyond belief. Below is an image of a typical BG/PVP player (although they don't usually use the chat). First off we started off as 4 players, vs 2 and 3 on other team, so good and it was DEATHMATCH (which people are always whining for so great), right? NOPE. (I am all for having a separate deathmatch queue because on paper it seems like it would reduce the number of toxic players in objective BGs but I have a feeling it would do the opposite because I think the most toxic players don't want REAL fair fights in deathmatch but rather like the cheesy kills they can get against people doing objectives.)

So here's basically what happened (and kind of typical), At first we stuck together and I jumped into the fray and didn't most damage on 2 red players, but didn't get the kills because 2 of my team were just sitting back spamming executes. OK, no biggy. Then 3 green players came over once again I took brunt of damage from them while dealing most damage to them, and my team just sat back and spammed executes. So far so good.

Next thing I know I have 2-4 red and 2-4 green surrounding me and no team to be found. I'm dead instantly. I come back down, same thing. AGAIN about 3 times. Until I notice TWO team mates on the far edge of the map doing NOTHING but 1 of them apparently decided to complain in chat for 13 minutes straight. I asked them to group up and stop hiding, when 1 of them said 'I know you ain't talking to me'. WHAT, you and other guy are literally hiding on side of map, does he not know I CAN SEE THEM ON MAP???

Anyway, I was going to play a few BGs today but this was so infuriating I just did 1 match for endeavor and shut down for the day. For about 6 months BGs was usually 4 good players, 4 medium and 4 weak, and usually the team that ended up with 2+ good usually wins and 2+ weak usually loses but if you play 2-3 times your almost guaranteed to get a win. NOW it seems like there are more and more of the people I had to play with today and it is quite frustrating.

I have a question, if I block a player does it make it so I won't get grouped up with them in BGs/DF. I think the answer is no because I do remember blocking someone before and saw them later that day on my team again, luckily they noticed me too and rage quit. Don't know if there is a fix for this, maybe someone has some ideas, maybe banning some of the streamers/youtubers that are spreading, inflaming such toxic behavior/ideas.

zKsT0gK.png
  • MrMazurski
    MrMazurski
    ✭✭✭
    BG has been tired of the same problems for years.

So I agree, the toxicity of players probably increased to the limits of possibilities.

1. No normal MMR system. A system that we currently have you can put everyone knows where? On the bookshelf, for which it is better not to reach again because they are so terrible.
    MMR does not fall, it is hidden and works on a strange account - a character. I personally got stuck on such a high MMR that for a year I have not been playing more than 1-2 BG during the day. And sometimes zero.

New characters? I reach 50 lvl and PUF, I meet the same players what on my main. Bug? I have no idea because no one knows how this system works exactly.

The only fun what i have its at below 50lvl BG but there are more like smurfing for me. And I often meet people with the same nickname. You can meet many people who only play Below 50lvl BG.

2. No balance, from my experience it follows from 50%, Even 70% is SORCS. Do not you play sorcs? Good luck. Sometimes the battle looks like a strange Crossover Harry Poter's with Jumper Movie.

3. No development for BG. Here I do not have to add anything.

4. a lot of people running only like a thoughtless butcher for whom every match is DM.

5. Frustration of players caused by lack of anything new, improving the situation for Small PvP.

Is all this affect Toxicity players on BG? This certainly has an influence, but toxic player is a toxic player, nothing will change. And pouring frustration while playing something that leads you to this? Sounds like self-destruction behavior.
    Edited by MrMazurski on July 15, 2021 5:01AM
    - Where "Update on Cyrodiil Performance & Upcoming AOE Tests"? I wish ZOS would stop kicking players' balls, especially those on Cyro
    - - PC-EU / Ravenwatch
  • Merforum
    Merforum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrMazurski wrote: »
    BG has been tired of the same problems for years.

So I agree, the toxicity of players probably increased to the limits of possibilities.

1. No normal MMR system. A system that we currently have you can put everyone knows where? On the bookshelf, for which it is better not to reach again because they are so terrible.
    MMR does not fall, it is hidden and works on a strange account - a character. I personally got stuck on such a high MMR that for a year I have not been playing more than 1-2 BG during the day. And sometimes zero.

New characters? I reach 50 lvl and PUF, I meet the same players what on my main. Bug? I have no idea because no one knows how this system works exactly.

The only fun what i have its at below 50lvl BG but there are more like smurfing for me. And I often meet people with the same nickname. You can meet many people who only play Below 50lvl BG.

2. No balance, from my experience it follows from 50%, Even 70% is SORCS. Do not you play sorcs? Good luck. Sometimes the battle looks like a strange Crossover Harry Poter's with Jumper Movie.

3. No development for BG. Here I do not have to add anything.

4. a lot of people running only like a thoughtless butcher for whom every match is DM.

5. Frustration of players caused by lack of anything new, improving the situation for Small PvP.

Is all this affect Toxicity players on BG? This certainly has an influence, but toxic player is a toxic player, nothing will change. And pouring frustration while playing something that leads you to this? Sounds like self-destruction behavior.

Yeah I hated PVP with a passion since I started playing like 5-6 years ago because cyro/IC are/were ganker heaven and I didn't understand what to do. About 3 years ago I tried a ganker build and found it also so easy to kill people that it was no skill and boring so stopped pretty fast.

Then about a year ago I tried out BGs and have to admit it was fun for the most part for the first 100 games but mainly because everything was new and I had to learn a lot. And I did notice at some point other players seemed better. Then at about 200-300 matches it seemed like players got better again. I say 'better' because both times I noticed I could 1v2-3 and kill all of them, then I could barely do 1v1. So there seems to definitely be some sort of MMR or whatever, but once you hit the highest 3rd level it seems like it turns into a toxic mess.

Where people who are really bad but just played over and over probably without winning ever or killing anyone are in there. Also all the sweaty people who only play on one toon 24/7 who are either genuinely good or mostly just cheesers (by cheesers I mean people who exploit every bug, tactic or whatever and can't really do a 1v1 with anyone in the open but have to either spam execute when someone else has a player at low health to steal kill, or sneak attack someone with a cheesy combo but run and hide from literally any actual fight). Then there are people like me who just want to have fun because IT'S A GAME, but can 1v1 most people including cheesers and are really good at objectives and teamwork (meaning can win most matches if team plays together).

I think level 2 MMR was most fun, where most people were pretty good at PVP fighting AND always did objectives too. It was actually a blast. I think you are right about below level 50 BGs it is with newer players mostly and is probably more fun than highest MMR but you are also right there is something weird because I had a level 45 and 20 and other below 50 in some of my high MMR matches a few times, not much but a few times. I think the population is so low that MMR goes out the window a certain times of the day. I have had days where I did 5-13 BGs in one day and saw exact same people in matches. Which Never once happened in dungeon finder. Probably why they introduces endeavors to get people to do more stuff.