The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help Solving Chronic Crashing in House

Starlock
Starlock
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello tech folks,

Since the Greymoor update there have been severe stability issues with the main house I have for one of my characters, Grand Psijic Villa. Before the update I had noticed some instabilities, such as textures refusing to load and showing up as black blobs, but now I am getting far more serious issues like outright CTDs that require me to relaunch the game two or three times and pray to the gods that the character isn't outright trapped there forever. Here is what I have noticed in more detail:
  • If I have a character in the Villa while attempting to load them, the game will crash-to-dashboard on the loading screen. If I relaunch the game and attempt to load that character again, the game CTDs again on the loading screen. Sometimes it will do this a third time, at which point I frankly just start to panic.
  • When the character who logged off in the Villa finally manages to load in without crashing, something like half the textures in the house are replaced with black blobs, indicating many textures just failed to load entirely. The only fix for this is to relaunch the game, but... well... see above? It's not even worth it because one of these days a character is going to get permanently trapped in Crash-Villa.
  • When travelling to Crash-Villa (I'm just going to start calling it that now) after the game has been running for a while in other zones, it is usually okay. However, the last time I tried this during the Greymoor event to place a new artifact I dug up, the housing interface massively glitched out. Item previews wouldn't load, items couldn't be placed, etc. When I tried to leave via the portal to cough the game's throat, the game crashed and I landed right back in bullet point number one.

I don't know what is causing this, but for obvious reasons it's killing my desire to do anything with that house other than gut it to the ground and sell everything in it. If your tech folks can take a look and figure out what is causing this - or are aware of serious stability issues with housing - please let me know. I'm afraid to even go into that house to do more testing at this point because I might loose a character there. Some extra relevant info:
  • This house is some 200-ish away from the furnishing limit of 700
  • This is on XBOX NA server
  • Hardware is Xbox One Elite 1TB console

--- Starlock
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Starlock

Have you tried reinstalling ESO on your Xbox to help with these crashes in your house?

If you have and the crashes continue, we recommend opening a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Starlock

Have you tried reinstalling ESO on your Xbox to help with these crashes in your house?

If you have and the crashes continue, we recommend opening a ticket with customer support.

I can try that now that I can afford to - sadly I live in an area where people don't just get unlimited internet downloads but I can see if this helps if you think that it might do the trick. I can also make a throwaway character to test with in case they get stuck.