The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dark Passions Regalia Dyes Poorly

northwest01
northwest01
✭✭
Much like the vampire noble costume, It doesn’t take dark shaders well (i.e. Coldharbour Ash black) and the metal parts cannot be dyed. Instead the third dye slot has been reserved for minor details.
Edited by northwest01 on October 8, 2020 3:26PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It still takes dark shades better than, say, Psijic style or that Sapiarch dress. The gold stuff always being gold is a shame, of course, but overall I found that it dyes fine
  • northwest01
    northwest01
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if this is a bug, or a a poorly made decision from the art/design department?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour Ash Black is usually not the best representative for black, @northwest01 ... have you tried Legate Black instead?

I'd try it myself, but I'm not really interested in the costume and it's not in the Crown Store on PTS at the moment.

Anyone know if this is a bug, or a a poorly made decision from the art/design department?

Forum-goers have sent in feedback numerous times on the undyeable sections of past costumes and outfit styles (even during PTS when there's still time for cosmetic changes). Jephrine Paladin is the one that comes to mind easily for me.
  • Athanasia_Nocnitsa
    Athanasia_Nocnitsa
    ✭✭✭
    I am extremely disappointed with the recolouring as well. Especially that horrific gold.
    I hope it is a bug, but I sincerely doubt it.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like its default color it looks good.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of all the costumes with the un-dyeable gold sections. And it's ALWAYS GOLD. Seriously, does someone in the art department have an obsession with wearing gold jewelry or something?
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    The art department follows a strict policy of "It don't mean a thing if it aint got that bling".
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour Ash Black is usually not the best representative for black, @northwest01 ... have you tried Legate Black instead?
    Coldharbour Ash Black and Legate Black are pretty equal in darkness. The main differences being that Legate is a colder blue-ish tone and shinier, while Coldharbour has a warmer brown-ish tone and is slightly more matte.

Markath DLC is supposed to release their "darkest black they have done so far".
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!