Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Dragon Priest Frieze Story

patrick_smyth
patrick_smyth
✭✭✭
In the "Furnishing Pack: Tyrants of the Merethic Era" there are four Dragon Priest Friezes. They are:
  • Ascension (A)
  • Exodus (E)
  • Restoration (R)
  • Triumph (T)
The description says:
Though this particular Dragon's name is long forgotten, its story is still told by the ancient friezes found in its barrow.

In the accompanying picture they are (left-to-right) ERTA but I think you can almost put them in any order.

So what do we think this dragon's story was? In which order would you place the friezes? Is this the story of a dragon or is it the story of a dragon priest?

Patrick
@patrick_smyth PC EU Server
Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    I have mine set up in the order AERT, with the story being of the dragon priest particularly (as those seem to be the way the nordic "hall of stories") with the story going with the priests ascension (being promoted to priest), exodus (the dragon, priest and followers being driven from their original kingdom), restoration (the dragon leading them to a new land and they set up a new rule), and lastly triumph (the dragon and priest successfully conquering the new land and reclaiming their former glory.)

Edited by Teridax941 on October 7, 2020 7:01PM
    Options
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a side quest that included identifying the correct order for these panels. If you're interested in the story behind them, here's a link to the quest info.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Draugr_Dilemma
    Options
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    There was a side quest that included identifying the correct order for these panels. If you're interested in the story behind them, here's a link to the quest info.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Draugr_Dilemma

Oh, well that takes much of the mystery out of the picture! Thanks for sharing!
    Options
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    It was so long since I did the quest in Wrothgar that I had completely forgotten about it.

That gives us ZOS' order for the panels (spoiler coming up for those who have not done the quest) :
    TERA (see OP)
    It does not however give us much of a story. I could not find anything in the barrow that explained it. I thought there might be something in the section which is only accessible after solving the puzzle.

The story of Zahn Scalecaller which is included in the furniture pack does not seem relevant.

Still that leaves us free to make up a story I suppose,

Patrick
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options