Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Option to hide pathing node visuals while decorating.

Cireous
Cireous
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there one? Because trying to decorate with pathing nodes all over my house is kind of driving me nuts. I have my cats crawling on counters, tables, beds, sofa's...etc. and I would prefer to keep their paths intact, but these brightly colored nodes are a neon eyesore. I'm finding it hard to visualize what I want do with the rest of the place. I'd really like an in-game option to just hide the nodes while further decorating the home.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 1, 2024 2:43PM
  • Daileth
    Daileth
    ✭✭
    I don't believe there is, not that I could find at least.

I definitely agree on the option for Nodes to be hidden. Love the pathing, really pleased to see Nodes at the 30 mark, unique path colors are awesome; However... when you start setting multiple objects to path and have more than a handful of Nodes, it does start to become a forest for the trees type of thing. Eyesore for sure.

I think the default setting should be off entirely and then to have a toggle button on-screen (i.e. Browse, Exit, etc...) to "Display Paths".

Maybe it would be good for the current (or next Node, if object is pathing) to have it's respective Node circle enabled for display as an anchor back to the path for the player. Personally, I'd rather it not, although I could see it potentially being helpful.

While on the pathing topic:
    • Path Settings really should be in the mouse over for a Node Edit once a path has been created. Having to re-enter the "Path Edit" is easy to overlook or just miss entirely when first creating the path.
    • Adding a new Node to an existing path could be a bit more intuitive and probably should be added into the same menu. Something like "A" - "Add A New Node". i.e. when you mouse over the last Node, you can choose "Path Edit", once you do your option to r-click is "Add Node Before", granted you will see "Add New Node" if the Node is not the focus, and it makes sense considering both mouse buttons are assigned, yet it feels like a lot of steps to go through and slightly awkward.
    • Pitch and Roll should be enabled for "Precision Edit" of Path Nodes. :)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed OP. I have noticed the same issues.

Also, can we please NOT have dodge/roll when we are in decorating mode. I hate trying to slightly side step to align an item up and my character does a roll and it screws up everything.
    (I like to get it close before I refine it further)
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add an edit nodes option when you open the housing editor used only for node editing. That way they won't be in the way when placing furnishings. Or simply a toggle for hide/view nodes
    Edited by volkeswagon on October 9, 2020 2:39AM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think we should just get full on god mode when editing houses. The lack of "flying" makes precise adjustments high up difficult to do. The rolling and character run speed are also difficult to deal with (I go into walk mode to edit).
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to comment on an old thread, but I searched before making a new one - this is still relevant. If it gets closed then I will make a new one.

Agree, OP, and I'm sorry to see this was asked as long as 4 years ago and the paths are still the same. I never use them because of this.

I wonder if their visibility is something an addon can tackle?
    Edit: I asked in the addons board and no, addons can't do this. We have to keep asking ZOS.
    Raideen wrote: »
    Personally I think we should just get full on god mode when editing houses. The lack of "flying" makes precise adjustments high up difficult to do. The rolling and character run speed are also difficult to deal with (I go into walk mode to edit).

That would be incredible. I also walk and use Magic Carpet but unfortunately it has to add states to the undo history.
    Edited by MoonPile on January 27, 2024 9:24PM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reposting this advice from elsewhere, since this issue can't be addressed with add-ons:
    The best way to address that is ... using /bug ingame and tell ZOs!
    The more do that the more attention it will draw to them and make them implement a fix, a setting or at least API so addons can help
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still have not done any pathing because I don’t want to see those lines. They should be on a different layer, something you can turn off.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.