Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

[Nolonger need help] getting Maw of the Infernal Monster Set

jwthewolfman
jwthewolfman
✭✭
I'm a solo player but I have been wanting to get the Maw of the Infernal Monster Set for years now. I have never done any group Dungeons so I don't have any experience in Veteran Dungeons, I am ch810 but not the best of player. If possible I would like both the head and shoulders to be light armor Thank you anyone who is willing to help me.
Edited by jwthewolfman on October 5, 2020 9:44AM
  • jwthewolfman
    jwthewolfman
    ✭✭
    oh and I'm on xbox NA
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have much trouble. It's not a hard dungeon, but if you haven't done any dungeons it still warrants some working up to.

If you've been only soloing for years your dps prolly isn't up to par, but I'm guessing you're mag, which is great because they can all heal. Just equip a healing staff, and IDK what class you are, but set heals on your bar. Combat prayer and radiant regeneration are the staples, you can also use illustrious healing and/or whatever class heals you have.

Start slow, burning cells 1, should be very easy. Then burning cells 1 vet, if you clear that move on to burning cells 2 normal and when you're comfortable in there do burning cells 2 vet. At 810 it should be a pretty easy road, especially on healer which doesn't require any complex rotation or weaving. Basically if you know how to keep yourself alive then you'll know how to keep a group alive, just have to apply it.

You'll also need undaunted keys for the shoulders, so you'll have to run at least a few pledges because that's the only way to get them. If I was on xbox I'd hop on my tank and walk you through it, but I'm ps4.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a solo player but I have been wanting to get the Maw of the Infernal Monster Set for years now. I have never done any group Dungeons so I don't have any experience in Veteran Dungeons, I am ch810 but not the best of player. If possible I would like both the head and shoulders to be light armor Thank you anyone who is willing to help me.

The advice to do dungeons as a healer is spot-on. It's common to have one destruction staff bar (often lightning) and one restoration staff bar. Besides healing, your biggest job is to buff and provide resources to other players. One way is with a "Minor Magickasteal" skill, usually either Elemental Drain or Siphon Spirit. Another is with Blazing Spear/Luminous Shards if you're a templar, or a skill in the Undaunted line called "Orb" that you don't unlock until after you've done some dungeons. Oh well. The damage buff from the Combat Prayer skill is being nerfed in the next patch, but it still has some value, so in most cases you should slot that skill too.

Banished Cells 1 is one of the two easiest dungeons. And most of what's hard about it is in the final fight, which has some of the same elements as the final fight in Banished Cells 2.

Never try a veteran dungeon unless you're pretty experienced at and comfortable with the normal version of the dungeon, at least not until you're MUCH more experienced with dungeons than you are now.
  • jwthewolfman
    jwthewolfman
    ✭✭
    If a group can up get the Head for me, maybe I can get the shoulder from the Golden Vendor down the road.
    Edited by jwthewolfman on October 4, 2020 12:10AM
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll have to be there anyway I cant imagine why you'd be resistant to throwing some heals out while you're there. Trust me no matter how bad you are we've all had worse in our groups, so no need to sweat it as long as you're trying.

And honestly at 810 you should be able to solo at least some of the pledge dungeons for keys if you're really that opposed to grouping, the quest doesn't have to be done in a group. Fungal Grotto 1 normal for example is easier than some public dungeons. Keep an eye out for that and some other easy ones as the day's pledge and you'll likely get the shoulder faster than you would by hoping it shows up on the golden.

I mean, by that rationale you could just wait for the head to be on the golden too but obviously you would really like to get this set or you wouldn't have made a post, so just get it.