Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Markarth But No Whiterun?

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I hear a lot about how the Markarth DLC will conclude the Greymore chapter. Does that mean other locations in Skyrim like Whiterun and the Throat of the World wont be available anytime soon?
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know about anytime soon, never know what zos is working on.

However, I dont think we want whiterun as much as we think we do. It was great in tes5 when we had a whole game to explore with it. In a standalone chapter or dlc i think it would really struggle. There is not a lot around whiterun do. Its fairly isolated. You have a fort and open fields to the west, riverwood to the south. Throat of the world or at least its path is already in another zone so they would have a difficult time including it with whiterun. There isnt alot more.

With greymoor we had solitude, morthal, blackreach, dragons bridge, labyrinthian. All close together.

I even though it would be really nice to see it, i think players would ultimately feel disappointed.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it wouldn't be on any part of the map that's open/opening with next DLC so who knows.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given this yearlong storyline focus, I don't think we will see Skyrim again for a while. So what this means is next year will be Cyrodiil focus.
    So we won't be seeing any chance of White run next year by the looks of it.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on October 2, 2020 5:43AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    I hear a lot about how the Markarth DLC will conclude the Greymore chapter. Does that mean other locations in Skyrim like Whiterun and the Throat of the World wont be available anytime soon?

As zeni have said. Each province gets its own chapter before they go back to fill in the rest of the areas that got expansions. Only 3 remain cyrodil, hammerfell, and black marsh. Next year is definitely cyrodil, the year after will likely be hammerfell, and the year after 2023 blackmarsh. We don't know for sure if hammerfell is next after cyrodil or if its black marsh.
  • VioletDracolich
    VioletDracolich
    ✭✭✭
    I find it funny there is no Whiterun due to it having Fort Graymoor.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The story concerns The Reach. Whiterun is nowhere near.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can sell us another tiny chunk of Skyrim at a later date.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    Hi
    The Throat Of The World would be in the game, but the Seven Thousand Steps that lead (in the west if The Rift) to it are still under maintaince.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

As zeni have said. Each province gets its own chapter before they go back to fill in the rest of the areas that got expansions. Only 3 remain cyrodil, hammerfell, and black marsh. Next year is definitely cyrodil, the year after will likely be hammerfell, and the year after 2023 blackmarsh. We don't know for sure if hammerfell is next after cyrodil or if its black marsh.
    Next year apear to be Skingrad and the area between gold coast and Cyrodil, Skingrad was in TES 4.

Its basically 3 areas left, north as in Skyrim, Vest as in from Cyrodil to south of Alk'ir and East of Cyrodil and Elsweyr
    f391310be9068fa89559c180420374f6.jpg
    And yes good guess is 22 is either far east as in black marsh or just east of Cyrodil or Elsweyr an area who also was in part in Tes 4.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No Whiterun, no Dawnstar, no Winterhold. How many times can ZOS sell us Skyrim?
    PC EU
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Whiterun, no Dawnstar, no Winterhold. How many times can ZOS sell us Skyrim?

About two more times. Two holds would be a chapter, one hold would be a DLC. Unless they take the Blackreach route again. There is also Solstheim and Falkreath hold still. Even if we've seen Falkreath in a DLC dungeon, there is still other stuff in the area, like Helgen.

Thematically Falkreath would fit into the Q4 of next years DLC, which looks like it's going to Skingrad in Cyrodiil. Historically both Skingrad and Falkreath were considered to be part of "the colovian estates", so it could be connected to it in some way. Although I think it's more likely the Q4 DLC will be somewhere in Hammerfell and Falkreath will be connected to Whiterun in a chapter release, with Whiterun being the main city of the zone.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I wanted was a house and Riverwood. But it doesn't look like I will get one any time soon.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc