Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus billed 3 days early

Fat_Gandalf
Fat_Gandalf
Soul Shriven
I got an email this afternoon stating my payment for my ESO Plus did not go through. This was not a surprise as I am on a fixed income and purposefully started my subscription so that I would be billed when there was money in the account. I read through a thread from 2018 where someone had a similar issue. I have calculated the number days from when my last payment was made and they are 3 days early. When I go to my account info it states I no longer have the subscription. Anyone else had a similar issue? Am I beat on the 3 days, aren't they technically ripping me off?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 months vs 180 days?
  • Fat_Gandalf
    Fat_Gandalf
    Soul Shriven
    90 days
    They billed me after 87 days.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90 days

Weird. You should definitely open a support ticket if you haven't already.

For future reference, I would recommend cancelling auto-renewal immediately after signing up for ESO Plus. There's basically no penalty for letting your sub lapse and then you can directly control when you get charged.
  • Fat_Gandalf
    Fat_Gandalf
    Soul Shriven
    I opened a ticket yesterday right after I got the email. I have tried contacting their corporate office in Maryland several times this morning and you can not speak to a live person at all. I'm going to give them until end of business today to respond. If I don't hear anything I'm going to contact the Maryland States Attorney Office. I know it's only around $1.50 worth of service but I can't help but wonder how many others are they doing this too and the people don't even realize it?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90 days

Weird. You should definitely open a support ticket if you haven't already.

For future reference, I would recommend cancelling auto-renewal immediately after signing up for ESO Plus. There's basically no penalty for letting your sub lapse and then you can directly control when you get charged.

I agree with this. You can cancel the renewal immediately and will still recieve the full amount of time you paid for, then you can start it up again whenever you like, including on the day it expires.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"