The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Band of Malacath Rune Core Drop?

Meesha1170
Meesha1170
✭✭✭✭
Online guides say the rune core for Malacath’s Band of Brutality drops from the top side roaming Imperial City Bosses. Is this still accurate? If so is the drop chance really low or something?

I have been killing bosses for three nights straight and have gotten a couple purple leads but no Mythic one for the band. It’s getting really tedious.

Best Answer

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it does drop from the street bosses. Leads are RNG, sometimes it's the first, sometimes the 200th. I haven't had to go beyond 200 kills for a lead, but it can get tedious.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 30, 2020 6:49PM
    Answer ✓
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, well alright. I was hoping I was going down the wrong avenue. I guess I’ll keep grinding away. It seems like a lot of work for something you can’t even crit with but a completionist has gotta complete.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Ugh, well alright. I was hoping I was going down the wrong avenue. I guess I’ll keep grinding away. It seems like a lot of work for something you can’t even crit with but a completionist has gotta complete.

Yes, but if you're going with the proc set meta in PvP it really does help.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »

Yes, but if you're going with the proc set meta in PvP it really does help.

Ah yes, very true. I’m usually such a PVE focused player I hadn’t thought of that but next time I play a little PVP I’ll give it a whirl if I can ever get these dumb bosses to drop the right lead.