The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should i buy greymoor?

AngusL
AngusL
Soul Shriven
So I bought ESO a few years ago but never really played it and I've decided to start playing again. Is it worth me buying the Greymoor digital upgrade? I don't understand what these expansions do and if I need them now or is it only once I reach a certain level?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's extra content, pretty much a big DLC. I would recommend playing what you have now to see if you enjoy it before spending enough to buy another game on a game on a game you may not enjoy.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't have any expansions you may be better off buying Greymoor Edition instead of Greymoor Upgrade - it includes base game, but it may be cheaper than buying everything separately.

Chapters/story DLC are new zones with new stories which can be played from any level - even more, you will start in the latest chapter zone you own with any new character. Dungeon DLC are playable from some CP level, I think.

And yes, playing what you already have for a bit before spending money may be a wise thing to do.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    It's extra content, pretty much a big DLC. I would recommend playing what you have now to see if you enjoy it before spending enough to buy another game on a game on a game you may not enjoy.

That would be small DLC. Greymoore in my opinion is not large DLC. Large would be Wrothgore (sorry for spelling and if name is wrong.) Also Morrowind, Summerset and Elsewhyre were bigger and cheaper. I find Greymoore to be going downhill in the creative department for Zenimax. Paying more for less sadly.

I would say, no, don't buy Greymoore UNLESS you get it NOW so you can get the free house and pet that is offered to everyone who bought it.

That said, if you don't care for the house and pet, just get ESO Plus and get all the DLC (except "story" chapters) and you have LOTS of content. You even get Morrowind and I believe Summerset as well. So you will not be missing out on Greymoore UNLESS you want to scribe and "treasure hunt".

I bought it on sale, not worth the full price in my opinion. Save it for later, you have so much content still even without ESO Pluss.

I say get ESO plus just for the ability to use the Blade of Woe. For me, that is not killing people it's "knocking them out". Since they come back a few minutes later anyways. So nice to be able to use if you like sneaking and not just straight fighting all the time and role playing.

Good luck in your choice.
    Edited by Davor on October 4, 2020 7:42PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having finished the storyline then IMHO

- Story side is small, nothing special, not worth it alone if you've not done the other DLC stories
    - Antiquities end game content is really good if you are into endgame stuff or housing

and the free house is great if you get it now 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngusL wrote: »
    So I bought ESO a few years ago but never really played it and I've decided to start playing again. Is it worth me buying the Greymoor digital upgrade? I don't understand what these expansions do and if I need them now or is it only once I reach a certain level?

If you have done all other content/story or are a raider, why not, the raid is cool, main story pretty meh but side quest story was good. I'm not fan of Antiquity but I know some people love it and give you ton of housing item if you're into that + some unique gear item.

So, as you wish I would said.
    If you have other content not done yet maybe wait a bit.
    That said I don't remember if the chapter is on discount or not but if it is that can be good to take it now.
    If not, just so you know, after 1 year chapter become DLC so you can play them just by having ESO+ sub on.

Hope it help, hf :)
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »

That would be small DLC. Greymoore in my opinion is not large DLC. Large would be Wrothgore (sorry for spelling and if name is wrong.) Also Morrowind, Summerset and Elsewhyre were bigger and cheaper. I find Greymoore to be going downhill in the creative department for Zenimax. Paying more for less sadly.

I would say, no, don't buy Greymoore UNLESS you get it NOW so you can get the free house and pet that is offered to everyone who bought it.

That said, if you don't care for the house and pet, just get ESO Plus and get all the DLC (except "story" chapters) and you have LOTS of content. You even get Morrowind and I believe Summerset as well. So you will not be missing out on Greymoore UNLESS you want to scribe and "treasure hunt".

I bought it on sale, not worth the full price in my opinion. Save it for later, you have so much content still even without ESO Pluss.

I say get ESO plus just for the ability to use the Blade of Woe. For me, that is not killing people it's "knocking them out". Since they come back a few minutes later anyways. So nice to be able to use if you like sneaking and not just straight fighting all the time and role playing.

Good luck in your choice.

I didn't mean it was larger in terms of land mass. I was clearly talking about content.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA