The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

dungeon finder is borked

linuxlady
linuxlady
✭✭✭✭
my level 30 tank queues for random normal only to discover when group is formed it is a vet group in the group settings but the dungeon is normal level. i cant get ported in and cant change dungeon setting even after everyone ports out so now i have a time penalty to requeue after everyone else leaves the group why?
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me twice yesterday, at lev 14 and again at lev 19. Turned in a ticket only to be told to make a bug report and go away.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Call the Swedish Chef. He's a bork expert.
  • linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭

but i dont speak swedish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qj8PhxSnhg
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    linuxlady wrote: »

but i dont speak swedish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qj8PhxSnhg

That's OK. I don't think he does either.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is it borked. I think you meant Bjiorked
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my level 30 tank queues for random normal only to discover when group is formed it is a vet group in the group settings but the dungeon is normal level. i cant get ported in and cant change dungeon setting even after everyone ports out so now i have a time penalty to requeue after everyone else leaves the group why?

It happened to me also. It's a known bug.
    At least you are tank and can instantly get into new group once the penalty ends, dps gets really shafted.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real issue is I do not think Zos has acknowledged this issue even though I have seen quite a few threads about this over the past month+. I have not seen a thread pinned to the Dev Tracker, though I will admit I could have missed it.

Until and unless Zos acknowledges this we have no reason to think they are working on it. Remember that we went almost a full year after Zos tried to fix the GF originally, posting a great many threads pointing out it was not fixed at all, only to have Zos say they did not realize their attempt did not fix it after it totally crashed during an undaunted event. I know Zos reads the forums and has made some changes based on our feedback, but with issues like this, it seems they selectively ignore some subjects.
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't get into a normal dungeon. Keep getting put into vets. Huge waste of my time.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    Workaround: Ask in zone chat for help or ask your guild. If you're having this issue, then others have it, too. I'm sure they're also just as frustrated and just as ready to do their dungeons.

Form a group of 4, then queue up for your normal random daily. It's worked for me every time.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm the team is aware of this issue and investigating a fix for it. Thank you for your patience here.
    Staff Post
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    Workaround: Ask in zone chat for help or ask your guild. If you're having this issue, then others have it, too. I'm sure they're also just as frustrated and just as ready to do their dungeons.

Form a group of 4, then queue up for your normal random daily. It's worked for me every time.

Having a full group does not make this bug go away. I've been part of guild groups where I was intentionally the only low lvl so we can get a starter dungeons for a quick random normal and I wasnt able to get in due to the bug. This has happened at least 3 times over the last month or so.

Usually I solo q as tank on low levels - I do about 3 or 4 randoms a day on alts and one of them will encounter this bug.

Only way to make sure you don't get affected by this bug is to make a group of 4 CP level characters or 4 under-50 levels. Once you have CP and non CP characters in the same group, this bug can happen.

I'm glad Sarah has acknowledged this is on their radar. I posted bug report many weeks ago and got no response in the thread other than other players confirming they are having the same problem.

Hope they find a fix soon.
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm the team is aware of this issue and investigating a fix for it. Thank you for your patience here.

I have not seen this exact thing but I have seen similar where it defaults to the settings of whoever is crown in the formed group.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened yesterday. We went in, my buddy and I were vet, the other two were not; they couldn't get in.

So we tried breaking up the group, making sure everything was normal, regrouping, re-queuing for the dungeon.

Still managed not to work.

PS....I think I'll start using "borked" now. Cool new word to play with.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally my dreams can come true...

Bloodspawn/Velideth/Balorg in below 50 Bgs

But I have to create new character :(
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just back after a break so I've been leveling necros for the first time. I did wonder if it was doing this because even though I'm under 50 I have 810 CP also.

Has this happened to true under 50 players with no CP as well?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This happens to me now and then also. But I always just chalked it up as senility.

So if this is actually a bug of some kind I will feel better. haha
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having it all evening, on NA. Been farming CoH and I'm getting people unable to enter, saying it's vet, even though it's actually norm and getting norms, when doing vets.
    Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been happening for awhile
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruder wrote: »
    Finally my dreams can come true...

Bloodspawn/Velideth/Balorg in below 50 Bgs

But I have to create new character :(
    Does not work but the golden support it. Same with shoulders from chests.
    Note the upcomming recreate system will not give monster sets below cp160.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i heard a possible cause is if the group leader has dungeon finder set to vet and ques for random normal anyone who is below level 50 cannot get in as it looks like dungeon is vet. its not its normal but it says its vet so the low levels cannot join. if the group leader makes sure they set finder to normal before activating the finder or get low level player to be leader will work also. since i did this had no issues with this bug but they will take for ever to fix it as usual
  • Miraslova
    Miraslova
    ✭✭✭

It's not Vet, it just shows Vet at beginning load then switches to normal, it's actually normal but it is bugged caused lower levels can't get in.
    Edited by Miraslova on October 2, 2020 9:09PM
    "An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miraslova wrote: »

It's not Vet, it just shows Vet at beginning load then switches to normal, it's actually normal but it is bugged caused lower levels can't get in.
    Now do the others queue for vet and end up in normal? While on the same time lock out the <50 players?
    Just to add more bugs to the anthill who tries to be the dungeon finder.
    @davapoole however has an plausible explanation. Lots has groups set to vet for guild runs while farming random normals for xp.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Any progress with the investigation?
  • RodneyRegis
    RodneyRegis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice in a row for me on lvl 44 healer
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Twice in a row for me on lvl 44 healer

It's that 15 minute can't queue penalty that's extra annoying when it's totally not your fault.
  • negatiiv
    negatiiv
    ✭✭
    This just happened to me twice in a row when queueing for a set of normal dungeons.

My character is below level 50 so I can't even queue for veteran.

The group forms, and 3/4 of the characters are below 50, and we don't automatically get teleported to the dungeon because it's set to veteran.

We also have the dungeon finder cooldown of 15 minutes now so we can't just re-queue.

It's happened to me both when queueing for a random normal and when queueing for specific normals. I'd estimate it happens about 1/3rd of the time that I'm queueing for a dungeon.

Super irritating because of the cooldown that I get which prevents me from re-queueing, as it's penalizing me for something that is absolutely not my fault.

It's also been going on for weeks and I've submitted numerous /bug reports with no response, no investigation or indication that the devs are working on it. It seems it's low priority, but I would like them to reconsider because I've just been trying to play the game for the last 45 minutes and been unable to accomplish anything! Not to mention it wastes my crown items like the crown experience scrolls.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than two weeks with no fix in sight, color me unsurprised.

I’m lucky enough I can generally solo normal randoms on my healer, but I can only imagine how annoying this has to be for people trying to level undaunted on new toons.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also the stuck at ready check bug is still happening often. Nothing more frustrating than after waiting in queue for 30min and when ready check pops it shows that last dps hasn't hit ready yet. Timer is supposed to be 45sec. If the player hasn't hit it then next player would get the pop. But its stuck for several minutes and then it says someone declined. But dps queue is long, why doesn't it pick the next one in line? And then I have to requeue because ready check will not happen again.
    Another frequent bug is when I'm queued and manually join some group without cancelling the queue first the I get ready checks later. I've been in trials for several minutes already with full group and my dungeon queue pops lmao.
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭
    davapoole wrote: »
    i heard a possible cause is if the group leader has dungeon finder set to vet and ques for random normal anyone who is below level 50 cannot get in as it looks like dungeon is vet. its not its normal but it says its vet so the low levels cannot join. if the group leader makes sure they set finder to normal before activating the finder or get low level player to be leader will work also. since i did this had no issues with this bug but they will take for ever to fix it as usual
    This is my understanding/experience too. If you’re queuing with premade group, the leader changes their party dungeon mode to normal and everything is fine. Or make the low level the leader before queuing, and it should be fine. The pug queues are still an issue here, and I have no idea about how to avoid the error except everyone trying to remember to change the mode before queueing.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to level a new character during the event and it seems I am running into this bug.

Just ended up in a dungeon group where myself and another person could not enter, while the other two, both 50+, were ported in as usual. What makes it even more frustrating is I then have to wait 15 mins to queue again (only for the whole thing to repeat...).

Could we get an update on whether there will be a fix for this? XP increasing events are usually a great time to level new characters, but this is making the whole thing very unfun, and it certainly can't be giving a good impression to new players.
    Edited by Ezhh on October 24, 2020 11:30PM