Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Shifty- PvP Semptember 2020

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean, this is with purge so you all purge friends can drik a bag of aedra light

tpT9UOk.png

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on September 29, 2020 8:00PM
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the blastbone and execute damage is when i was blocking, which means it's too hight
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it or hate it, proc sets are really good right now. Now you can continue to go on the forums and vent and maybe that works for you, but I would suggest working on a solution. Whether that be using proc sets yourself or finding a setup/build that can kick their asses. Ask really good players on your faction how they deal with procs and work it into your build. Use proc sets yourself, bad players with proc sets still lose to good players with proc sets. I know us nightblades can just cloak to ignore proc sets and I have seen stamdens and stamcros just straight up heal through it. There is after all no guarantee that proc meta is going away next patch and you will need to adapt eventually. The next meta might be even worse then this one!

Use proc sets yourself and watch how good opponents deal with the dots. I am often surprised just how much heals most stamina classes can dish out when I am dotting them to hell. I can say from experience that good opponents aren't free kills with proc sets because they have learned to deal with it and you can too. They usually use a combination of los and good heals to survive the dots while avoiding additional burst. The players I destroy are the ones that stand out in the open and I manage to kite at max range. Only once have I seen a stamsorc use purge to counter my dots, but its a pretty rubbish counter.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it or hate it, proc sets are really good right now. Now you can continue to go on the forums and vent and maybe that works for you, but I would suggest working on a solution. Whether that be using proc sets yourself or finding a setup/build that can kick their asses. Ask really good players on your faction how they deal with procs and work it into your build. Use proc sets yourself, bad players with proc sets still lose to good players with proc sets. I know us nightblades can just cloak to ignore proc sets and I have seen stamdens and stamcros just straight up heal through it. There is after all no guarantee that proc meta is going away next patch and you will need to adapt eventually. The next meta might be even worse then this one!

Use proc sets yourself and watch how good opponents deal with the dots. I am often surprised just how much heals most stamina classes can dish out when I am dotting them to hell. I can say from experience that good opponents aren't free kills with proc sets because they have learned to deal with it and you can too. They usually use a combination of los and good heals to survive the dots while avoiding additional burst. The players I destroy are the ones that stand out in the open and I manage to kite at max range. Only once have I seen a stamsorc use purge to counter my dots, but its a pretty rubbish counter.

Good players are "dealing with the procs" by not playing the game. It doesn't matter how good your setup is or how good you are at the game when one dude wearing 2-3 procs is outdpsing your collective healing by light attacking you. If that guy is present in an Xv1 scenario, you don't stand a chance. Those same procs don't work on a solo build in IC/cyrodiil; you sacrifice all of your stats to get your damage from proc sets, you can't survive getting hit by more than one person, and you can't control the procs nearly as well as the guy xv1ing you who only has one target.

The balance of these procs is terrible. They need to re work procs so that they conform to the following ruleset.

1. No proc set should be affected by Malacath
    2. No lingering proc set should stack on a person from multiple people - i.e, I shouldn't be able to have 2x hunters, 2x sheers, 2x zaans, etc on me simultaneously.
    3. Procs should scale with your offensive stats. Any damage dealing proc should have it's damage scale with your max stat/higher damage value. They could even deal more damage on the high end when used by full damage builds, but they shouldn't deal the same value on a setup with 40k HP, 1.7k weapon and spell damage, and 20k max stats.

It just amazes me that people defend these procs like the issue is people not adapting. It really does show a lack of experience.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The counter is to no longer run a classic damage oriented build.

You're wanting 30k+ health, with max resistance, and other mitigation forms

Or

A Gank build

Or

A similar proc build.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

Good players are "dealing with the procs" by not playing the game. It doesn't matter how good your setup is or how good you are at the game when one dude wearing 2-3 procs is outdpsing your collective healing by light attacking you. If that guy is present in an Xv1 scenario, you don't stand a chance. Those same procs don't work on a solo build in IC/cyrodiil; you sacrifice all of your stats to get your damage from proc sets, you can't survive getting hit by more than one person, and you can't control the procs nearly as well as the guy xv1ing you who only has one target.

The balance of these procs is terrible. They need to re work procs so that they conform to the following ruleset.

2. No lingering proc set should stack on a person from multiple people - i.e, I shouldn't be able to have 2x hunters, 2x sheers, 2x zaans, etc on me simultaneously.
    3. Procs should scale with your offensive stats. Any damage dealing proc should have it's damage scale with your max stat/higher damage value. They could even deal more damage on the high end when used by full damage builds, but they shouldn't deal the same value on a setup with 40k HP, 1.7k weapon and spell damage, and 20k max stats.

It just amazes me that people defend these procs like the issue is people not adapting. It really does show a lack of experience.

I am not defending proc sets, I just know for a fact that I fight people that don't seem too bothered by a couple extra dots on them. I run two different setups in cyrodiil, one with sheer+venomous and one with swamp raider+new moon and they both got pros and cons. Sometimes I need more burst to kill someone instantly and sometimes I need to dot someone so they cant run away behind walls to avoid damage or block with a shield. Those are the biggest differences I have noticed from running both setups. I like having the dot setup, but I could easily live without it and just go even harder into a burst setup. The point I was making is that venting on the forums doesn't stop procs from killing you and its better to ask for help.

I was having problems killing rollerblades and I came on these very forums and humbly asked for guidance. Now I can kill that same rollerblade without trouble and maybe that is what you fellas got to do. Don't put yourself into Xv1 situations [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 30, 2020 12:49PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is the first patch in a very long time where I feel like bad players are doing good damage to me.
    And its 100% due to procs and how easily they're applied.
    I've been seeing a lot of better players actually building tanky this patch, more so than before.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭

I am not defending proc sets, I just know for a fact that I fight people that don't seem too bothered by a couple extra dots on them. I run two different setups in cyrodiil, one with sheer+venomous and one with swamp raider+new moon and they both got pros and cons. Sometimes I need more burst to kill someone instantly and sometimes I need to dot someone so they cant run away behind walls to avoid damage or block with a shield. Those are the biggest differences I have noticed from running both setups. I like having the dot setup, but I could easily live without it and just go even harder into a burst setup. The point I was making is that venting on the forums doesn't stop procs from killing you and its better to ask for help.

I was having problems killing rollerblades and I came on these very forums and humbly asked for guidance. Now I can kill that same rollerblade without trouble and maybe that is what you fellas got to do. Don't put yourself into Xv1 situations [snip].

As someone who plays both with and against procs, there is no answer in no CP. I play no procs at the start of BGs but if I see others with procs or I see names of people I know use procs, I just put on my cheesiest build and go to town.

The only non-proc set up that seems to consistently do okay in a proc meta is Stamden with Malacath. But, you know... that's just its own brand of obnoxious power abuse.

Sometimes having a Templar on your team can help but the pressure people can put out in a single GCD puts you under so much pressure that if someone so much as sneezes on you afterwards, you're dead. There is no counter.
    Edited by Xiomaro on September 30, 2020 1:35PM
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was having problems killing rollerblades and I came on these very forums and humbly asked for guidance. Now I can kill that same rollerblade without trouble and maybe that is what you fellas got to do. Don't put yourself into Xv1 situations [snip]

LOL "a couple extra Dots."

As a templar - you know the class that's supposed to have a self purge - I got nuked by the stupid Azureblight set that hits like an ultimate 4 times in a 40 second fight.

Thanks for the advice of not getting into 1vX situations. I'll be sure to whisper the 20 DC chasing me to see if they will comply .
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on September 30, 2020 12:48PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The counter is to no longer run a classic damage oriented build.

You're wanting 30k+ health, with max resistance, and other mitigation forms

Or

A Gank build

Or

A similar proc build.

Sad but true.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that boggles my mind is, these sets seem to not have much use cases for endgame outside of ruining no CP pvp and ending Xv1, I wish they would just come out and say what their philosophy is towards skill gaps and accessibility for new players because it seems like they just want people to have a smoother ride till next quarter even if they can't play.

It's terrible planning in any kind of long term, new players won't stay new players for to long and when they get better they will see how much it ruins the replay value of a game to have it set up like this, you end up with a swamp of imbalance that either you will have to clean up or watch your game have zero staying power. There is so much good content and potential in ESO it would be a major shame to see them squander it for an easy buck in the short term but that seems to be the MO in the gaming industry right now.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets are hitting around 2x as hard as most dot skills, please fix ZoS.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I simply asked if him not being able to 2v1 is the issue here? Because he took damage from two players in this recap. How is that baiting?

On another note, I got killed with 24k damage from a Soul Assault in 3 ticks. How is that okay?
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 30, 2020 10:08PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I simply asked if him not being able to 2v1 is the issue here? Because he took damage from two players in this recap. How is that baiting?

On another note, I got killed with 24k damage from a Soul Assault in 3 ticks. How is that okay?

Can't say much to the first question; but I guarentee that SA was because of oblivions foe.

It ups the damage by over 2k Per Tick; not overall damage, but per tick.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds