Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

SORC EXPLOIT IN IC

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
So Sorcs are using streak to jump into combat immunity at the exit of district doors when they are in combat and under threat of being killed.
Surely this is not the intended use of the protection provided by the door and is by any other name an exploit?

Once you jump down from the safety provided by a district doors platform and enter into combat you are surely not meant to be able to re-enter it? Please ZOS could you investigate and patch this out?
Edited by marius_buys on September 29, 2020 3:44PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not very sportsmanlike and probably not working as intended. However this has been happening for a while now. Report it and move on.

I suspect it will get patched out at some point, but until then, don't let the sorc live long enough to do that I suppose. Try and move the fight into an area that gives you an advantage.

I compare it to tower farmers in Cyrodiil. You know how you stop them from farming players in towers? Don't go in the tower.
    Edited by redspecter23 on September 29, 2020 4:41AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not very sportsmanlike and probably not working as intended. However this has been happening for a while now. Report it and move on.

I suspect it will get patched out at some point, but until then, don't let the sorc live long enough to do that I suppose. Try and move the fight into an area that gives you an advantage.

I compare it to tower farmers in Cyrodiil. You know how you stop them from farming players in towers? Don't go in the tower.

We dont generally , my issue is that where it was generally the odd occurence it is now becoming common use. And there are many districts where this is happening.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Sorcs are using streak to jump into combat immunity at the exit of distric doors when they are under pressure of being killed. Surely this is not the intended use of the protection provided by the door and is by any other name an exploit?

Once you jump down from the safety provided by a district doors platform you are surely not meant to be able to re-enter it?

This isnt a sorc issue by any means, any class can jump the gap to the immunity zones on the walls.
  • xshatox
    xshatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can nb put shade in there?
  • MrTrenbolone
    MrTrenbolone
    ✭✭✭
    You mean a solo Sorc is trying to escape your 20-24 man zerg? :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    So Sorcs are using streak to jump into combat immunity at the exit of distric doors when they are under pressure of being killed. Surely this is not the intended use of the protection provided by the door and is by any other name an exploit?

Once you jump down from the safety provided by a district doors platform you are surely not meant to be able to re-enter it?

This isnt a sorc issue by any means, any class can jump the gap to the immunity zones on the walls.

Just checking, do you play sorc in IC? I see you have a WoodElf Stamsorc from your profile.

Please explain how for instance a Magplar can jump back onto the exit of a district door platform after jumping down from it without going through any door and while in combat?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean a solo Sorc is trying to escape your 20-24 man zerg? :)

Please elaborate?
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just checking, do you play sorc in IC? I see you have a WoodElf Stamsorc from your profile.

Please explain how for instance a Magplar can jump back onto the exit of a district door platform after jumping down from it without going through any door and while in combat?

You can just sprint jump what do you mean? Some locations have lights that players can jump on aswell, it is a poorly designed area. IC has the best pvp imo.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can just sprint jump what do you mean? Some locations have lights that players can jump on aswell, it is a poorly designed area. IC has the best pvp imo.

I am referring to the district door EXITs that had a raised platform and an immunity field. These places are not meant to be re-entered once you have jumped down and landed on the ground area of the district. Sorcs are eploiting this as a safe area by using streak to enter the immunity area WHILE THEY ARE IN COMBAT. This is an exploit and should be patched out. The amswer woud be to remove the immunity should the enter the area while they are engaged in combat.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been like that since day one afaik
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am referring to the district door EXITs that had a raised platform and an immunity field. These places are not meant to be re-entered once you have jumped down and landed on the ground area of the district. Sorcs are eploiting this as a safe area by using streak to enter the immunity area WHILE THEY ARE IN COMBAT. This is an exploit and should be patched out. The amswer woud be to remove the immunity should the enter the area while they are engaged in combat.

Yes the area on the walls, those can be jumped to by any class.
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    is going invisible and sneaking off from a combat, also an exploit?
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is going invisible and sneaking off from a combat, also an exploit?

no but by game definition you can heavy attack to exploit offbalanced targets
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix map by removing holes that allow to jump straight into immunity zones. Not that hard but nobody will bother to fix pvp-related problems.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Fix map by removing holes that allow to jump straight into immunity zones. Not that hard but nobody will bother to fix pvp-related problems.

not just that but they are also jumping back onto door exits while in combat, seriously not ok
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren’t you a werewolf? You have immunity without even being in the safe zones
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode