Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK PVE - 2h or DW?

chiftie
chiftie
I leveled my DK ages ago just to farm daily writs. But now I want to make something of him. The question is what is better between 2-handed and DW? Alcast has builds for both but he doesn't indicate which yields better dps. Maybe it varies between single and aoe damage? I dunno. Taking suggestions.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whatever floats your boat...have tried both and both have pluses and minuses.....it comes down to flavor. Always flavor! ;)

And these can be 2H really easy...

https://xynodegaming.com/murder-of-fire

https://xynodegaming.com/toxicity/

But those are for when you are maxed out...builds arent really for leveling, thats the learning process.
    Edited by Joxer61 on September 28, 2020 6:44AM
  • Dimski
    Dimski
    ✭✭✭
    If there is a difference in DPS it's only minimal. Even when looking at single target vs AOE, dual wield had spin-to-win and 2H has Carve and splash damage.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you plan on maybe bringing him into PVP, I'd level the 2H skills for DPS. I'd also think about leveling the 1H & Shield skills, too, if you ever want to turn him into a PVE tank of PVP tanky build.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As far as endgame PVE is concerned, dual wield will do more single target damage, but I find that 2h is not that far behind. For me I almost exclusively stick with 2h because there are more situations, especially in newer content that require you to have cleave damage that on 2h gets, and it provides you with better sustain.
  • DarkLordLegion
    Dimski wrote: »
    If there is a difference in DPS it's only minimal. Even when looking at single target vs AOE, dual wield had spin-to-win and 2H has Carve and splash damage.

In a single target, dual weapon would required lot of jabbing or furry hits, while 2h weapon in a single target hit would do more of damage because of the way the 2nd weapon is striking the target. Just imagine the target is a tree, dual weapons wouldn't do much of damage since you have to stand there and just keep on with the furry hit. While you swing a 2h weapon against a tree, you get more damage because of the motion of the swing of the 2h weapon.
    Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dimski wrote: »

In a single target, dual weapon would required lot of jabbing or furry hits, while 2h weapon in a single target hit would do more of damage because of the way the 2nd weapon is striking the target. Just imagine the target is a tree, dual weapons wouldn't do much of damage since you have to stand there and just keep on with the furry hit. While you swing a 2h weapon against a tree, you get more damage because of the motion of the swing of the 2h weapon.

Lmao