The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Opened 210 Sovngarde Crown Crates

JHartEllis
JHartEllis
✭✭✭✭✭

Double Sovnguar. Aside from that, I like the moth the most.
Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ty for the video. Your drops are not confidence inspiring based on the amount of money spent/crates opened. This has caused me to consider how far 500 dollars can go IRL.

I'd rather put 500 towards a $599.99 REL T/5i Subwoofer that will last 20 years, or 500 towards a pair of Magnepan LRS at $650.00 that will easily last 20 years. Man. I can get a nice set of Fry boots for under 500 bucks that will last for a decade or so. I gotta stop thinking about this because the amount of things I could use IRL for 500 bucks is seemingly limitless.

I guess if someone has endless money and they can afford the REL sub or speakers or shoes or whatever and spend 500 on digital items, then good for them. But for those of us who are not made of money, I just can't justify spending that kind of money on digital goods that are not only a pure gamble meaning you might not get what you want, but that are mostly useless to start with. Especially knowing when the game folds, that none of that is accessible.

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Ty for the video. Your drops are not confidence inspiring based on the amount of money spent/crates opened. This has caused me to consider how far 500 dollars can go IRL.

I'd rather put 500 towards a $599.99 REL T/5i Subwoofer that will last 20 years, or 500 towards a pair of Magnepan LRS at $650.00 that will easily last 20 years. Man. I can get a nice set of Fry boots for under 500 bucks that will last for a decade or so. I gotta stop thinking about this because the amount of things I could use IRL for 500 bucks is seemingly limitless.

I guess if someone has endless money and they can afford the REL sub or speakers or shoes or whatever and spend 500 on digital items, then good for them. But for those of us who are not made of money, I just can't justify spending that kind of money on digital goods that are not only a pure gamble meaning you might not get what you want, but that are mostly useless to start with. Especially knowing when the game folds, that none of that is accessible.

They have plans for 12 years of content. I mean it’s clear they want to do Pyondinea as first continent done after Tamriel.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    They have plans for 12 years of content. I mean it’s clear they want to do Pyondinea as first continent done after Tamriel.

I feel like they've also been setting up Akavir with the Elsweyr DLC's. But a Pyodinean update might introduce a mount change to make them swim...So i don't get dismounted by every puddle on Tamriel because my mystical bear is too afraid of water.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is still 8 years shy of spending 500 bucks on tangible goods that will last decades.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I feel your pain. I spent over 2x that and received 1 radiant. It's a very nice radiant, but yea it's pretty tough odds.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just going to post that the drop rate seems quite low in these crates. I didn't buy nearly as many, but from 15 I got on PC NA server I got one gold item (the axe style) and two purples (the scarecrow emote and crafting scroll), with the rest being blue or lower. On PC EU I got 30 crates, with 3 golds and 3 purples. I don't think I've ever had such slim pickings before.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time in a while I won't be chasing the radiant apex mounts. The little shards sticking out of your character mounted are just not very good looking. Pity. The next season Potentate mounts also don't look the greatest.
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too felt that the drop rate was incredibly low on these crates. I blame the addition of these weapon styles (and lets be honest, weapon styles that have zero special effects, being gold drops in crates?! is sort of... sad)
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rates weren't so great tbh, but still got what I wanted.

A few things I spent gems on that for some reason --- Radiant Apex dropped before them (like one of the furnishing items).
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m happy to buy cosmetic items I like from the Crown store, but I’ve never seen the appeal of RNG crates when you can’t even sell stuff you don’t want even one of. But I hope you had fun!
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A majority of what I got was the eccentric experimenter outfit pieces out of the 30 crates I've gotten.

Still got one apex mount; so that was something.

The pool is a lot bigger so it'll be a lot harder to score a chance on the items you want.
    Edited by Kikazaru on September 30, 2020 9:18AM
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • ZamanShah
    ZamanShah
    ✭✭

Wait how do you know this?
  • Kiahnia
    Kiahnia
    Soul Shriven
    Opened 45 crates, not a single apex, only 2 golds, handful of purples, then rest just blue trash. I usually accept a bad stint of RNG, but this is obviously a low drop rate issue.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kiahnia wrote: »
    Opened 45 crates, not a single apex, only 2 golds, handful of purples, then rest just blue trash. I usually accept a bad stint of RNG, but this is obviously a low drop rate issue.

It's not a low drop issue, its a low drop by design.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they lowered the drop rate to get people to buy more crates it's actually having the opposite effect. With the current rate the crates are a really bad deal, so there's no incentive to buy them.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only question is why?
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    supportgroups.com/gambling
  • Brockahly
    Brockahly
    ✭✭
    tactx wrote: »
    Yep. I feel your pain. I spent over 2x that and received 1 radiant. It's a very nice radiant, but yea it's pretty tough odds.
    I must of been lucky because I got the guar and the feline within 30 crates, and got crystals for the bear, which is what I wanted now I’m stuck with 2 mounts I won’t use.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got nothin because I’m broke :D
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 15 crown pack now has a description that says it has 4 guranteed rewards.That does seem like terrible odds, especially with the reward pool diluted by the style chapters and useless research scrolls that seem to be dropping more often than anything else...
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czeri wrote: »
    The 15 crown pack now has a description that says it has 4 guranteed rewards.That does seem like terrible odds, especially with the reward pool diluted by the style chapters and useless research scrolls that seem to be dropping more often than anything else...

Pretty sure 4 rewards just means the 4 cards--it has the same tooltip on the single crate purchase as well.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heh, that's possible. I didn't consider the green trash from 3 out of 4 cards could be called a "reward"...

Here's the thing about the 15-crates pack - when I spend 5000 crowns on something I expect to get at least one of the apex mounts for it. It might not be the one I'd like and it almost certainly would not be a radiant mount - that's where the random/gambling element comes in. But 5000 crowns should get me a cool mount.

If I spend 5000 crowns and end up with a weapon style, a research scroll, and an emote, I feel mugged.

I'm not sure if I was super lucky in previous crate seasons, but I didn't use to feel mugged until Sovngarde.
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    I won 15 crates from my guild’s raffle and I made it a point to open 3 crates per day. So, for the next 5 days, I had a pretty good result: a Sovngarde bear mount, a Celestial Nimbus house item, an ancient site explorer costume, a face mask, 2 face markings and 2 body markings, a couple of emote, a hound pet and, my favourite, a moth pet.

I thought it was pretty good odds. Perhaps it’s due to me opening 3 crates a day, I’m not sure.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    belfong wrote: »
    I won 15 crates from my guild’s raffle and I made it a point to open 3 crates per day. So, for the next 5 days, I had a pretty good result: a Sovngarde bear mount, a Celestial Nimbus house item, an ancient site explorer costume, a face mask, 2 face markings and 2 body markings, a couple of emote, a hound pet and, my favourite, a moth pet.

I thought it was pretty good odds. Perhaps it’s due to me opening 3 crates a day, I’m not sure.

You are so so so lucky. Rng for normal people is not that good.