The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xoleel Scale Visual Inconsistency/Issues

Camkitty2
Camkitty2
✭✭✭
So the Sovngarde crown crates introduced a new scale-skin, Xoleel Scale. But there is one major thing that looks off about it, specifically on Argonians: the tail.
The skin has this beautiful brown-spotting fading into cream on the belly, under-arms, and inner legs. However, the underside of the tail completely lacks this! It's just all orange.
It's unfortunate because all the other scale body textures have appropriately matching tails for the body textures. For example, the Argonian 'Serpent Scales' have smooth plated scales on the belly, undersides of arms, inner legs, AND the underside of the tail.
Here is what I mean: on the left is the default 'Serpent Scales', in the middle is the Xoleel Scale I edited to match, and the right is the Xoleel Scale as it is now
6QWRhMO.jpg
Xoleel Scale just doesn't look right as it is now. It'd be great to see this addressed, since this was a skin that I was pretty excited about.
(I mean hey, toss me the textures and I'll fix it myself ZOS! ;) )
Edited by Camkitty2 on September 28, 2020 8:52PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never paid much attention to Argonian tails, so I didn't notice this tbh. But it's interesting, and impressive that you paid such attention to this detail! :smile: Well done, I hope ZOS sees your thread too and take it into consideration when designing other skins!
  • Camkitty2
    Camkitty2
    ✭✭✭
    Alright so I've been checking this skin out on some other characters and there is another issue.
    On orcs, their tusks turn orange, making them seem to disappear.
    FVM9UVw.jpg
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skins messing with Orc tusks crops up a lot and has a chance to get fixed with a bug report on the forums/in game. While your edited version of the skin on Argonians is aesthetically the better look, that one probably wouldn’t get changed, since unlike the orc tusks, it’s probably just a lack of attention to detail by the art team, as opposed to a texture bug like the tusks are. Report both though, who knows, maybe they’ll surprise you.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Camkitty2 wrote: »
    Alright so I've been checking this skin out on some other characters and there is another issue.
    On orcs, their tusks turn orange, making them seem to disappear.
    FVM9UVw.jpg

I mean... It's a good thing that skins are available for any race, but from the lore viewpoint: what in Oblivion is this?
  • Camkitty2
    Camkitty2
    ✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Skins messing with Orc tusks crops up a lot and has a chance to get fixed with a bug report on the forums/in game. While your edited version of the skin on Argonians is aesthetically the better look, that one probably wouldn’t get changed, since unlike the orc tusks, it’s probably just a lack of attention to detail by the art team, as opposed to a texture bug like the tusks are. Report both though, who knows, maybe they’ll surprise you.

I did do an in-game feedback report for the Argonian tail thing, because it was bothering me so much.
    I haven't gotten around to reporting the Orc tusk thing yet; I should really do that next. I'm hoping that this being an actual issue might get them to revisit the skin and possibly fix up the Argonian tail as well.
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    I mean... It's a good thing that skins are available for any race, but from the lore viewpoint: what in Oblivion is this?

Well, yeah I personally wouldn't use it on any race except Argonian anyway lol
    But, ZOS did make it available for every race and so it should be made to work properly with all them.
    (and I think the skin description says that lore-wise, its a side effect from some ritual type thing; which i guess is mostly only justification for a skin that otherwise makes no sense on mammalian races, but interesting nonetheless)

• Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS!!!

The SAME thing is present on khajit tails with this skin, and since all my chars are cats, I don't plan to use this skin at all. the tail just looked an ugly smeared orange and lacks texture at all. Its extremely poorly done and looks awful.
    Edited by Zyva on September 29, 2020 6:11PM
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Camkitty2
    Camkitty2
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Any chance of this skin getting looked at and possibly fixed up?

I've noticed another odd issue when using this skin on humanoid races, but its a bit hard to get a good screenshot...
    Basically the issue is that the ends of the toes appear indented, like there are supposed to be claws coming out.
    This looks fine on Argonians and Khajiit, since they do have claws coming out there, but really creepy on all others.

I was excited about trying to get this skin, as it looked great on the previews, but between the visual issues and the inconsistency on the tail design it just doesn't look finished. So I've been holding off on trying for it in the hope that it might be fixed up