The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Execution/finishing move KILL CAM (like Blade of Woe) suggestion

E-Zekiel
E-Zekiel
✭✭✭
So I've had this idea for awhile but it was further solidified for me when new vamp drain animations went in with the vamp revamp. So we have "finishing/execution" moves for the DB Blade of Woe as well as the vamp drain.

One thing I've missed for a very long time (since AoC) in MMOs is finishing moves. Skyrim had them, too, as many of you I'm sure recall.

I was thinking it would be cool to either add a new type of "execution" to the game that is functionally the same as existing execution attacks - does extremely increased damage below a certain health threshold, but make it so that if the execution kills the target, you do a little finishing move animation similar to Skyrim or ESO's Blade of Woe executions (but for whatever weapon type you're using), and perhaps it gives you a little heal or brief invulnerability window to make up for the moments where you are vulnerable during the animations - or, if that's not feasible, restrict it like Skyrim did to only being applicable to the last enemy in a fight.

If we don't want to add a new line just for this, we could instead just add it to existing execution moves - of which there are many. Similar to the Blade of Woe executions, you could check a box in options to "opt out" of kill cams if they're not your thing and you want to just skip out of the animations altogether.

The detection infrastructure is already there - as being killed by magic already does a special animation sometimes - burned to a crisp into a pile of ashes, frozen solid, or in the case of disease, falling over retching death. Just a matter of making a kill cam on the attacker's side like with the Blade of Woe/Vamp kills if the target is killed by an execution.

Ultimately those who have no interest in this, if we go the "new skill" route, could opt not to invest in the new skill, and those who don't want it on existing skills can just opt not to have it with the checkbox like the existing kill cam option where you can disable it.

Been wanting this for YEARS! Loved it in Skyrim. Would absolutely love it in ESO.

There is just something satisfying about feeling like you really finished an opponent, and it wasn't just that you slapped them till they fell over.

No, we don't need decaps or anything, just something cool like Blade of Woe would be awesome.
Edited by E-Zekiel on September 26, 2020 1:28AM