The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New crown crate mounts....

kinguardian
kinguardian
✭✭✭✭
I love the new mounts in the crown crates and after saving up the special crowns I decided to use them for one of those mounts. After a day deciding which one I wanted, and I badly wanted the bear because it looks like the bear from golden compass but bear movement is so offputting and I can not get used to it. I finally went for a mount. O was so happy such a pretty one. And then I summonded it and there was this loud "bang yahhh" . No they didn't did they?!

Well yes they did. Please designers take this sound off. It drives me crazy and is ridiculously loud.
If not them this was a complete waist of my money and not for the first time.

Please take it of.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To each their own.

But remember that these mounts are designed after Skyrim, not another universe. Honestly that sound was instantly what made these mounts from 'generic gold glowy thing' to 'must buy' for me. I love the Nord chant since it's a sound effect they used throughout Skyrim, so my Skyrim character now needs to get one of these... and it's all because of that sound.

If you don't like it, you can always try to sent a note to support that it was not as you thought it was and see if they'll refund it.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I love the Nord chant on summon, it genuinely feels like you're summoning something from sovernguard (spelling?)
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must have something wrong with my settings as it completely blasts my ears out. I play with headphones. Although it is the only thing doing that. Under which sound effect would it fall?

I do find the music they use in this chapter fantastic. Do they maybe have a downloadable link for that where you can buy the songs?

• DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the house cat looking one! But I ran out of crowns and have to wait til I get paid... 21 gems left! If I am super lucky I might get that celestial fog house item from the crates, which I also really want.