Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exploit discovered in PVP

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_AntonioP @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Adrikoth
I discovered a exploit and have video clip of it. I submitted a ticket and received no email response. Who do you want me to send the clip to because I don't think you want people doing this.....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U can try directly messaging Gina too

Edit: hope you're not talking about sergeant and DW; cuz its well known
    Edited by Waffennacht on September 25, 2020 7:28AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets aren't an exploit. They're meant to close the skill gap.
    0 skill > pro
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Gina. Also, creating an in-game report is not a bad idea.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    0 skill > pro

Agree they are not an exploit....but if what you say is true why are known "elite" players using them?
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 25, 2020 2:08PM
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    0 skill > pro

Agree they are not an exploit....but if what you say is true why are known "elite" players using them?

Why elite players use proc sets and maybe some exploits?

First of they use whatever makes their 1vX or 1v1 easiest and what makes their build the strongest. Even if its cheese and procs, since many elite players do not care about the terms like cheese. They want to perform the best way possible and currently that is done by using cheesy proc sets.

Some exploits allow them to get more of they gameplay: self rezz allowed to rezz instantly where the action is happening, so no more horse simulator half of their game time.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pauld1_ESO OP does not seem to have mentioned proc sets. Why reply to a post that clearly has nothing to what the OP has said?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys, it was an exploit that I discovered on my character in pvp. I submitted an ingame ticket after it happened. I never heard back from anyone so i posted in the forums. I then under your direction sent the video and explanation to Gina. No procs sets, no set at all actually. It was an exploit that you can do to gain an advantage in cyrodil.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a side note @ZOS_GinaBruno I would LOVE to share the clip after yall fix it from happening as it was quite amazing. Until then I will keep it private.
  • allup8679
    allup8679
    ✭✭✭
    What is this exploit? I want to make sure that I don't use it.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    allup8679 wrote: »
    What is this exploit? I want to make sure that I don't use it.

LMAO nice try ;)
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it involve a set that gives buffs with specific conditions and can remain active after removing said set? I have also sent multiple clips in with full descriptions.
    Edited by MincVinyl on September 29, 2020 5:50AM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MincVinyl wrote: »
    Does it involve a set that gives buffs with specific conditions and can remain active after removing said set? I have also sent multiple clips in with full descriptions.

@MincVinyl I've heard this one got fixed, can you please verify and update here?
    I can't do it on my own as i don't know how to reproduce it.
    Edited by amir412 on September 29, 2020 9:08AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »

@MincVinyl I've heard this one got fixed, can you please verify and update here?

considering there are multiple exploits of this nature still on the pts as of an hour ago.....no

There are also many exploitable sets that are simple coding mistakes where they copied a pre-existing set/ability but failed to remove certain variables.
    Edited by MincVinyl on September 29, 2020 4:31PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not going to name the set, but it got ninja-fixed on PC live. No idea as regards the consoles.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

considering there are multiple exploits of this nature still on the pts as of an hour ago.....no

There are also many exploitable sets that are simple coding mistakes where they copied a pre-existing set/ability but failed to remove certain variables.
    Honestly, if this is known in some circles and they are reaping the benefit of it on live, wouldn't it be fairer to publish everything? Or is that against the TOS? I kept my mouth shut and reported to ZOS, because it was the first time in 5 years I discovered something on my own that gave a major advantage - the now fixed set I mentioned. It's disheartening to hear there are many exploitable sets. What kind of advantage do they add up to?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Honestly, if this is known in some circles and they are reaping the benefit of it on live, wouldn't it be fairer to publish everything? Or is that against the TOS? I kept my mouth shut and reported to ZOS, because it was the first time in 5 years I discovered something on my own that gave a major advantage - the now fixed set I mentioned. It's disheartening to hear there are many exploitable sets. What kind of advantage do they add up to?

Yeah it is against TOS to bring it up, which tbh bringing it to the publics attention is really the only way that zos will ever fix anything of this nature.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am pretty sure you talk about the major protection exploit. Soon it will be 10% and it will not be noticeable.
    Because I can!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fixed cowards gear and prisoner rags set atleast, you cant exploit them anymore on live.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    You're a PC player then?

I think I now understand those constantly howling WWs that also hit hard af.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »

Yeah it is against TOS to bring it up, which tbh bringing it to the publics attention is really the only way that zos will ever fix anything of this nature.

It's funny but in reality this is excatly how things work when it comes to ZoS. That is for example how TBS bug was fixed 2 times in a row.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 1, 2020 7:06PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.gif

Make the exploit public. That is the only way anything will ever get done about it.

We've seen this many times, if you try to work with ZOS, they will sweep it under the rug and nothing will ever happen.
    If you make it public and people start using it in large numbers, the forum(s) will blow up and ZOS will be forced to actually fix it.

dry.gif
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    agree.gif

Make the exploit public. That is the only way anything will ever get done about it.

We've seen this many times, if you try to work with ZOS, they will sweep it under the rug and nothing will ever happen.
    If you make it public and people start using it in large numbers, the forum(s) will blow up and ZOS will be forced to actually fix it.

dry.gif

That's a good way to get banned, not that I have played much since murkmire due to the direction the combat team has taken. Even so there are no other games to invest in for a long time, so I don't plan on risking an account that has spent over a grand and a half with probably close to ten thousand hours into it.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    agree.gif

dry.gif

That's a good way to get banned, not that I have played much since murkmire due to the direction the combat team has taken. Even so there are no other games to invest in for a long time, so I don't plan on risking an account that has spent over a grand and a half with probably close to ten thousand hours into it.

Just post a youtube video about the bug and how to do it, make sure to cover any names and information. Preferably in no ui mode. Advertise youtube video in random discord servers on a new account.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not gonna break the rules and explain it. That would be absurd with the amount of time and money I have put into this game.