The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Limit free damage proc sets.

precambria
precambria
✭✭✭✭✭
The only way that no CP PvP will be able to persist in this game without serious nerfs to the damage potential of proc sets it to LIMIT the number of proc sets a player can slot to 1 just like with mythics, the fact you can wear malacath and 2 burst procs resulting in actual one shotting is severely unhealthy for balance in this game.

Free damage procs defined as damage which costs no resources and has varying degrees of avoidable mechanics (hunters venom needs to have mitigating factors or lose it's damage or aoe function), stat or WD/SD procs should be seen as separate from free damage procs, they have short duration and mitigating factors because they are tied into the skills a player uses which are far better balances than proc damage who's only function aside from ruining the PvP experience is to help new players get through vet dungeons without knowing how to dps, please find a way to keep them from destroying battle grounds for everyone else.

I see no reason at all why they could not be limited to one, I don't like the idea of restricting peoples creativity for builds but having parameters to work with to make something balanced is a lot more fun than just slap on 2 of the sets which were never properly tested or accounted for in no CP and profit from it.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    It might be less clunky to add a shared cooldown to proc sets. That way you can't layer several DOTs at the same time, since that's how the GCD works for DOT abilities.

Sets that proc stat boosts are already implicitly constrained by the GCD so no need for a CD, just adjust tooltips if they're overperforming

The proc sets will probably never be balanced for both CP and noCP until they scale with stats.
    Edited by Recapitated on September 24, 2020 3:50PM
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ & there should be a limited number of proc(s) on a single player at any time
    Edited by airie on September 24, 2020 3:55PM
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    airie wrote: »
    ^ & there should be a limited number of proc(s) on a single player at any time

I'm not sure how I feel about this, as long as you can't put in a gamebreaking number of effects in one GCD it should behave the same way as DOT abilities.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't add a debuff limit because that would be super toxic to classes that rely on dots or debuffs, shared cooldown on procs is a better idea that just making it not possible to equip multiple ones, the only issue is some sets have like 1 second cooldowns so it would lock any other set out, which honestly would be for the best. The stacking of them is overwhelming, selestrix and hunters venom and sheer venom should not be all proccing multiple times from one single poison inject (sheer can proc twice from one inject, hunters can proc from the poisoned status effect and selestrix will pretty much go off on cooldown all throughout that).

I understand new players do need a crutch but the problem is anyone can equip any set so it ends up just working against them to have a person with vastly more experience using the same overpowered chemical warfare on them especially when it's essentially unavoidable. People can't learn the mechanics of combat with a constant more dots than they have HP ticking away on them.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    The only way that no CP PvP will be able to persist in this game without serious nerfs to the damage potential of proc sets it to LIMIT the number of proc sets a player can slot to 1 just like with mythics, the fact you can wear malacath and 2 burst procs resulting in actual one shotting is severely unhealthy for balance in this game.

Free damage procs defined as damage which costs no resources and has varying degrees of avoidable mechanics (hunters venom needs to have mitigating factors or lose it's damage or aoe function), stat or WD/SD procs should be seen as separate from free damage procs, they have short duration and mitigating factors because they are tied into the skills a player uses which are far better balances than proc damage who's only function aside from ruining the PvP experience is to help new players get through vet dungeons without knowing how to dps, please find a way to keep them from destroying battle grounds for everyone else.

I see no reason at all why they could not be limited to one, I don't like the idea of restricting peoples creativity for builds but having parameters to work with to make something balanced is a lot more fun than just slap on 2 of the sets which were never properly tested or accounted for in no CP and profit from it.

they do not need limit they need masive nerf to all... its simply not healthy when your proc sets do more dmg then your ultimate.. or your proc dots do more dmg then 3 class skill dots..
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf all proccsets imo, and make the way max stats scale abit stronger. Nobody I talk to regularly in eso even likes proccsets (pvp)

Id also like an option to just opt out of the whole proccmeta ***. Give us a monster set or a mythic item that makes you immune to all procc dmg and healing and debuffs and buffs from itemsets.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Nerf all proccsets imo, and make the way max stats scale abit stronger

That would potentially imbalance the entire game.

At this point I'd rather see healing un-nerfed so that proc DoT damage is not as threatening.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But the skill gap, bro.
    Proc Sets > Skill
    Skill gap = eliminated
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If damage stats scaled more it would result in complete one shots happening, it's already possible to get wap bapped by shalks and DB or drilled for 35k soul assault in no CP. Really the damage from procs needs to be examined on a case to case basis and be judged on how avoidable they are or easy to play off of, the problem right now is very much stam dot procs requiring essentially 0 effort to exert extreme pressure, no proc should ever fire twice off of one skill use this was an unintended consequence of removing % based proc rates and making some of the internal cooldowns target based (sheer venom).

The situation is clearly that they just do not test these things before letting them go live, also they likely do not PvP very much it is very much up to us to let them know the impact of these changes. If they change them appropriately or not is up to them, another patch with no nerf to venomous smite which we have been saying is busted since day one is a pretty good indication of how much they care about player experience if it is PvP or no Cp centered.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I die more to cheesy ability spam than I do proc sets.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete proc sets
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    I die more to cheesy ability spam than I do proc sets.

L2P issue unless its Vs cloak blades or WWs
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep problem is though that these proc sets are added and are made to fire off from basic things (light attacks, crits, etc.) to help the super casual players that light attack in pvp and use skills at a rate of 1 every 10 seconds. They don't do any damage, and ZoS loves buffing stuff like that, so they won't do this.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ