The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Current eso problem of healing in pvp

AdmSeptim
AdmSeptim
Soul Shriven
My appeal as usual PvP player in the eso. I would like to pay attention of developers to the problem with the healing in current pvp. Even without the existing meta of numerous proc sets, with healing reduction to 60% - in most cases it's simply does not possible to heal incoming damage in PvP, and in addition to a new patch were decreased major mending and major vitality baffs that make worse current situation (even despite the problem of proc sets in pvp, which is in no way was fixed by developers).
For many builds, healing is almost the only way to survive, so reducing healing is a VERY negative tendention. And on the other hand, a positive effect will have a return to the mechanics of previous patches (when the healing was reduced by 50% rather than 60%). Also, what concerns the processing of buffs and debuffs (in general, I agree with the changes, however, reducing the major mending and major vitality to 16% is unreasonable, it was more logical to add them to a single indicator of 25%, and also to increase the reworked buff major protection from 10%, i.e. because the indicator does not even match its name "major".
Thus, i want to call developers to listen and take into account the feedback received from the community, from people who really play the game.
Edited by ZOS_VladimirK on September 25, 2020 3:07AM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the buff rework seems ok, the only thing they could do is return the heal reduction to 50% and tweak each skill individually
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will just make a streak and cloak spam meta even worse as players can’t face tank at all any more. Even now many small scale players who aren’t capable of kiting without it have gravitated to these builds with the introduction of eternal vigor removing the difficulty of sustaining the spamming of a mag ability on a stam class or rolling and blocking on a mag class.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said in the last pts patch note that the healing debuff is readjusted to 55% instead of 60%. It should help.
    XBox One - NA
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    15 man AD groups all argonian templars all using mutagen all with over 30k health would argue healing is just fine.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    15 man AD groups all argonian templars all using mutagen all with over 30k health would argue healing is just fine.

What do they do, heal you to death ?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bore you to death
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The healing reduction was 1 step more to the proccset - META... You just procc your stuff until the opponent is out of ressources...
    I know a time, it was hard to kill sorcs in reason of high shields and yeah also templar. It was also possible to bring them down with 1 right timed skill combination. Its not a fun anymore, when you need to slot so much survivalskill, that the only thing you can do for pressure is also slotting proccsets...

In my opinion they should implement very overpowered PvP sets just for PvP stuff (everywhere you get the cyrodiil buff, this set overpowers JUST your stats and nothing of that stuff gives a procc.
    Only then we could turn back to times, where a good player is able to fight 1vsX also on underrated classes; where PvP was still a great fun; Maybe without proccs the performance will be better and we see again 200 vs 200 vs 200 on 1 campaign!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just give me troll set that mirrors X% of damage of proc sets on attacker :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    The healing reduction was 1 step more to the proccset - META... You just procc your stuff until the opponent is out of ressources...
    I know a time, it was hard to kill sorcs in reason of high shields and yeah also templar. It was also possible to bring them down with 1 right timed skill combination. Its not a fun anymore, when you need to slot so much survivalskill, that the only thing you can do for pressure is also slotting proccsets...

In my opinion they should implement very overpowered PvP sets just for PvP stuff (everywhere you get the cyrodiil buff, this set overpowers JUST your stats and nothing of that stuff gives a procc.
    Only then we could turn back to times, where a good player is able to fight 1vsX also on underrated classes; where PvP was still a great fun; Maybe without proccs the performance will be better and we see again 200 vs 200 vs 200 on 1 campaign!

1vX must die
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foto1 wrote: »
    DeHei wrote: »

1vX must die

Obviously :p
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The main reason healing was nerfed in the first place was cross healing, which also causes lag issues in large groups.
    It left many classes especially in no cp without the tools to defend themselves.
    We can argue about how strong or not templars healing is(its not), it's not like the class has a ton of defensive option.
    No magical shield to absorb projectiles and provide mad ult gen to turn towards your next defensive ult.
    No health based healing that doubles down as an aoe cc and damage ability.
    No magical spammable teleport that's either an unavoidable stun or a snare/root immunity granting projectile absorbing power skill, on a class which has the best offensive Stat scaling heal btw.
    No magical invisibility button to suppress ALL dots and make you unable to be hit by single target abilities.
    Classes like DK and Templar need to have some layers of defence to make up for their lack of mobility, right now they simply don't.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i fight tanks, and people that slot alot of healing abilities and a healing staff and max out thier healing, i get them down to about 12% left in their health bar and they almost die or are very close to death, but then they just clik heal 2 times and they are at full health again instantly. i also see those same builds fight entire groups of around 30 people, and they do the same thing - they survive all that damage and heal within a few clicks as if no one was harming them.
    and they allways heal to full health in just 1 or 2 clicks while they are running away, then when they get full health they T-bagg at a distance mockingly while they spam constant heals at full health.
    healing is Way Too strong in pvp right now, its not skill, its just broken.
    it should be that the more you heal then the less damage you should be able to do - to the point that max healing equals zero damage output - and zero healing equals max damage output.
    is the way it should be.

Edited by Gilvoth on October 4, 2020 6:12PM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

1vX must die

No. And that is coming from a player that has a hard time 1v1ing. Player’s skills should retain it’s importance, otherwise it’s just a numbers game and we should all go play Magic the Gathering instead.
    XBox One - NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »

1vX must die

No. And that is coming from a player that has a hard time 1v1ing. Player’s skills should retain it’s importance, otherwise it’s just a numbers game and we should all go play Magic the Gathering instead.

I sometimes catch myself thinking "deck" instead of "build"...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you could heal through everything.... then is that balanced?
  • Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    Most Templar healer mains running in cyrodiil have not yet realized their class' healing playstyle option is dead. The most viable options for group healing in PvP at this point are either Warden or Necromancer with Necromancer far outshining any other class in healing in this patch and the next to come.

I say this being a Templar healer main. I have begrudgingly set my Templar healer aside and will be using him as a crafter until they fix the class. Until then, your best healer lies behind a pay wall.
    -Shadow hide you
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Battle Spirit: Reduced the healing penalty to 55%, down from 60%, to make up for some reductions of Healing Done and Taken we’ve taken out of the game."
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1vX must die

Stop scaling heal with WD/SD. Problem solved.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    1vX must die

Stop scaling heal with WD/SD. Problem solved.

And take away the only thing making healers even fun at all in this game? I'm glad ZOS never listens for once!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Templar healer mains running in cyrodiil have not yet realized their class' healing playstyle option is dead. The most viable options for group healing in PvP at this point are either Warden or Necromancer with Necromancer far outshining any other class in healing in this patch and the next to come.

I say this being a Templar healer main. I have begrudgingly set my Templar healer aside and will be using him as a crafter until they fix the class. Until then, your best healer lies behind a pay wall.

I'm pretty sure they figured it out by now.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish ZOS would remove healing gains through spell & weapon damage stats.

+Healing & magicka/stamina attributes only.