The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

minimum level to do dailies?

amapola76
amapola76
✭✭✭✭✭
Let me just note, I've been doing dailies for years, I don't need any other information about them, I just want to know whether there's a minimum level to pick them up, and if so, what it is.

I just realized that while I've been doing dailies for a long, long time, I've never tried to do it on a low level character, so I never really noticed when they started showing up. But, now I'm both trying to take a couple of newish alts through this event, and I'm looking around Solitude for the first time, and so I'm not sure whether they're too low-level for dailies or whether I'm just having trouble finding the quest-givers.

And yes, of course, I tried googling this for about an hour before I gave up and asked here. Weirdly it's not something that's noted in the UESP daily quest listing, nor did I see anything in the otherwise very helpful Benevolent Bowd rundown, which are usually my main sources of daily quest info. Or maybe I am just having a very rough day. Either way, insight would be appreciated!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than quest-specific unlocks (such as the Ald'ruhn dailies in Vvardenfell for example), there is no level requirement except for crafting writ dailies.

Crafting writ dailies are a minimum level 6 to unlock.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 23, 2020 10:21PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pledge dailies have a minimum lvl of 45 AND completing undaunted quest you get AT lvl 45. Bogrul's delve daily has no minimum level, but you do have to join undaunted at first - the mini quest in your alliances starter city.

crafting dailies were already mentioned. otherwise - no level requirement.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Solitude ones are locked for lowbies, oddly enough.

I think it's Lv. 7, if I remember correctly, but yeah it's not really written anywhere.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's Lv. 7, if I remember correctly, but yeah it's not really written anywhere.

oh they are? huh, good to know.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Western Skyrim dailies the quest givers are in Solitude, directly south of the Solitude Wayshrine. (Note: this is the one inside the city, just over the road from the Shrine of the Dead, not the wayshrine which is unlocked automatically, which is Solitude Docks and technically outside the city.)

Also it looks like there is a level requirement. I just went there on a level 3 alt and not only are the quest icons missing, the quest givers are actually invisible too. I know where they are because I spoke to all 3 and did a quest earlier (on a level 21 character) but now they're missing.

Edit: I also checked a level 15 alt (the lowest I have other than the level 3 mule) and the dailies are available for him.
    Edited by Danikat on September 23, 2020 10:39PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, this is very useful! Mine are currently level 6, so I should be able to get them up to level pretty quickly for this event, although I may or may not feel like it tonight.

What a strange choice, though! I mean, I wonder why level 7... and why this was such obscure information. I definitely did not remember this being a requirement for previous chapters.

At least now I know I was looking in the right place, and not losing my mind, at least in this respect.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    For the Western Skyrim dailies the quest givers are in Solitude, directly south of the Solitude Wayshrine. (Note: this is the one inside the city, just over the road from the Shrine of the Dead, not the wayshrine which is unlocked automatically, which is Solitude Docks and technically outside the city.)

Also it looks like there is a level requirement. I just went there on a level 3 alt and not only are the quest icons missing, the quest givers are actually invisible too. I know where they are because I spoke to all 3 and did a quest earlier (on a level 21 character) but now they're missing.

Edit: I also checked a level 15 alt (the lowest I have other than the level 3 mule) and the dailies are available for him.

That's what was confusing me. I was looking there and didn't even see any of the NPCs, not just the quest markers, even though I could have sworn that's where they were supposed to be. With all the weirdness about the Solitude housing not showing up for the past month, along with the Antiquarian Society notice, I wondered whether something similar might be happening.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »

Thanks, this is very useful! Mine are currently level 6, so I should be able to get them up to level pretty quickly for this event, although I may or may not feel like it tonight.

What a strange choice, though! I mean, I wonder why level 7... and why this was such obscure information. I definitely did not remember this being a requirement for previous chapters.

At least now I know I was looking in the right place, and not losing my mind, at least in this respect.

Since ZOS insist on forcing new players into the latest chapter my best guess is the level requirement is a way of hiding the dailies from brand new players. Either to reduce the overall amount of quests and new information they're getting so the game isn't too overwhelming when they have no idea what anything is or how to do it, or so they don't immediately fall into the habit of doing the same dailies over and over just because they know where those are and aren't sure what else is available.

I've seen that happen with players in other games and it very quickly leads to a vicious cycle where they're sick of doing the same things all the time but never did anything else so they're not even sure how to find alternatives and worried about missing out on the rewards from the dailies now they've gotten into the habit of getting them every day. Either the player forces themselves to break the cycle and do something else or they get burned out very early and end up telling people they tried that game but it was a boring repetative grind with no real content, never realising how much they missed.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"