The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot block if magicka is low

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Been noticing this for a while - on magicka builds in PvE, if my stamina is full (over 9k in all cases) if my magicka pool is low, block fails. This is especially true on magwraden using ice staves ***without tri-focus***.E.g - if there are 0 skill points in the tri-focus passive, just having an ice staff equipped should NOT be using magicka to block!
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's really bad
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another oddity that may be related, maybe not. I took my stamplar in to Cyrodiil just to see what the cost increase looks like if I spam jabs. Just sting in Southern Highrock i noticed my 3rd or 4th spam, a chunk of magicka went down. I was not able to repeat it in another cycle and kind of shrugged it off.

The other day, firing siege, my stamina dropped on fire. On video review, it appeared rapids was on my bar and it did that animation but bot sure how it fired at the same time as launching my siege. I may still have the clip. (Edit: I do not still have it)

OP was this in Cyrodiil?
    Edited by techyeshic on September 24, 2020 5:22PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, this is everywhere. I've been noticing my magicka was really low lately, and yesterday while soloing dungeons for leads I couldn't block boss attacks. I've been able to block at least a few heavy attacks until now.