The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where are we going to find enough LEADS for this event?

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
Or are we supposed to go around doing the same old green freebies over and over? Anyone have any ideas?
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 4:02PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want fast try cold harbour, the is a gold level one for some funky black crystals that seems to drop out of every third crafting node 🙂
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of treasure maps to collect to get the last pages of Ancestral Motifs.

I'm also going through all the zones where I never dug up the green/blue/purple and do those as I level my alts to 7.
    The Moot Councillor
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine that most of the antiquities will be the green and blue freebies. Personally I plan to go and get some of the antiquity furnishings that I'm missing to fill out the new house.

100%

Not sure whether they're just approximating or whether there is a set goal.

Theoretically speaking, if everyone went to Arteum and did the Green/Blue grind for a few hours we could hit the goal by next week.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did a lot of leads generation over the past week, going for codex completion (including 3 of every mythic)
    If Drodda and Captain Blackheart ever drop their leads...
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 23, 2020 4:51PM
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of characters who still need to grind out their antiquity skills, so... green and blue freebies for me.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the green map leads from Innkeepers in every zone (except Western Skyrim). I haven't checked whether you can buy those more than once, but if yes, then that's what I'm going to do. Plus the freebies, which are nice, since they bring you a nice batch of gold for your efforts. :)
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can always camp out in a small zone and grind those green and blue leads like there is no tomorrow!!!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of that goal... its been a few hours and the tracker still says 0% progress??? I figured by now it should at least be at 1% or something... maybe it only updates ever so often?
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it have to take place in western skyrim
  • AlladdinSane
    AlladdinSane
    ✭✭
    Speaking of that goal... its been a few hours and the tracker still says 0% progress??? I figured by now it should at least be at 1% or something... maybe it only updates ever so often?

Updated once a day in the past.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know whether the difficulty of the antiquities weights them differently on the meter?
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it have to take place in western skyrim

No. Gina answered this in another thread. Digging counts across all of Tamriel. And green counts the same as gold.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know whether the difficulty of the antiquities weights them differently on the meter?

I don't know, but I would expect them to.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    As Ravensilver suggested, the antique maps are a quick way and can be repurchased as soon as you dig them up.

@HorkerSlay3r the antiquities can be dug up in any zone.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkorga wrote: »
    As Ravensilver suggested, the antique maps are a quick way and can be repurchased as soon as you dig them up.

@HorkerSlay3r the antiquities can be dug up in any zone.

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »

No, Gina also clarified that all antiquities dug up have the same weight.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

so a 'billion' greens or anything else for that matter, sounds like a plan :smiley:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the Skyrim green and blue and farmed mats. Got lots of boxes and did my part for the free house
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i've got that throne lead from western skyrim(3rd already) from some boss doing daily there. all furniture leads still drop too.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a lot of leads generation over the past week, going for codex completion (including 3 of every mythic)
    If Drodda and Captain Blackheart ever drop their leads...

i just want captn's neck :/
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i've got that throne lead from western skyrim(3rd already) from some boss doing daily there. all furniture leads still drop too.

You can dig up all antiquities as many times as you can find the lead! The only exceptions are the purples that drop from blue leads, the Al-esh coin, body markings, and the mount (things you can't have multiples anyway),.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know i still have half my purple 5k not scryed yet as i was keeping them if decide to progress alt :smiley: seems like it is time
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly this one dug up an large statue who must be much heavier than an map or an ring
    xzp6Ub0.gif
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hadn't ever done the Dwarven mount so I spent two nights getting all the leads except Volenfell & DS2, plus all the antique maps that I didn't have, which was most of them.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on levelling the antiques skill lines as my part. Been putting off grinding them.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    I plan on levelling the antiques skill lines as my part. Been putting off grinding them.

That's what I'm doing - 1 character on each of two accounts PC NA and EU.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if they chose this as the community goal because relatively few people who own Greymoor have tried the antiquity system or spent much time on it.

I know a lot of people on the forum have already done every lead they could at least once, but people on forums tend to be the more hardcore players (even the 'casual' ones who don't do things like trials or PvP) who will complete things quickly. I'm sure there's lots of players who are either just starting out with it or looked at it a few times, decided it was confusing and went to do something else instead.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I have a bunch of treasure maps to collect to get the last pages of Ancestral Motifs.

I'm also going through all the zones where I never dug up the green/blue/purple and do those as I level my alts to 7.

I swear they upped the drop rate on Ancestral leads. I dug up all my maps and nearly all of them has a lead this time.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the green and blue ones from each zone. It's the only way people will find enough leads to complete the event.