Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Less Mobs

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
Can we please get the mobs in the wilderness and delves thinned out? One of the big differences between this game and Proper Skyrim is that in Proper Skyrim I don't get attacked every 2 metres when I'm trying to explore and enjoy the beautiful environments. It's so immersion breaking and frankly, lore breaking as well. Spriggans are supposed to guard sacred glades and such, not just stand around randomly, waiting to be taken out. I'm so sick and tired of mobs in this game, it's one of the worst things about the game, especially in those delves where you get attacked every corner and there isn't a single section of the delve not populated by mindless, pointless mobs simply standing there, doing nothing, waiting for death. There is nothing fun or realistic about that, at least in Proper Skyrim all the NPCs have their own schedules and places. Here, what is even the point of mobs? There is no reason to even have them, they provide nothing, not even good xp or loot.

Like everything, I guess the devs will completely ignore this and carry on their merry way, since they love to ignore the player community. But with Greymoor and the upcoming release of the new houses looking even more like Proper Skyrim, it just makes me realise how amazing ESO would be if they could make the game more like a Proper Elder Scrolls game and not have players being attacked almost every second in the game.
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Spark
    Spark
    ✭✭✭
    But ESO is an MMO. It's not trying to be the same genre as Skyrim.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is "Proper Skyrim"?
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spark wrote: »
    But ESO is an MMO. It's not trying to be the same genre as Skyrim.

that doesn't explain why you have to have so many mobs... what is the reason for having that?
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer