Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ Furniture Warehouse

quinancia
quinancia
✭✭✭
I understand that a furnishing bag, similar to the craft bag, won't work because of the sheer number of furniture items there are.

What would work, I think, is a furniture warehouse.

Someplace down by the docks :)

When you open the door and enter the building you are ported to another server and there is a menu. That is it. The only thing one can do is move furniture between the warehouse and inventory. Long term storage and short term storage.

There is no combat, or pets, or non-housing inventory, or even a three dimensional environment. Just a menu on a different server.

This solution has none of the problems of a bag solution. It is not available during regular play, items are not automatically added, the servers where one interacts with the warehouse are dedicated to that alone.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, like on the solitude docks. Except, maybe, actually include the items in the warehouse, not just in a list, but in a giant building inside the cliff there, where we can just dump it all and organize it. Um because looking at things is more fun. Also, there could be a drop down menu in all our houses that lets us pick from items in the warehouse.

So not at all what you are talking about, but also something they would likely never do :relieved:
  • quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    I like those ideas, but I specifically excluded them from the suggestion because they open the door to the "performance" problem.

If they have to render 1000s of items, well that takes resources.
    If they allow us to access from our houses, depending on their architecture, that could cause performance issues.

If we keep it to just a menu where we can transfer to and from the warehouse, and it exists on servers dedicated for, and tuned to, just these activities. It, by definition, has no impact on the rest of the game. There are no performance issues.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the menu idea above would require some sort of database to keep track of what is stored. Sounds like more work for the devs.

If they are going to create servers just to store furnishings, I’d much rather ZOS add more servers to alleviate the many game performance issues we already have.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    It would require a new table. The development time would be trivial. The server resources would be trivial.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am definitely up for anything that alleviates some of these issues, even a little bit. I just got excited when you said the word warehouse, and I immediately thought of Solitude Docks. :relieved:
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives me a little hope that they have created a stickerbook with markarth for sets now - perhaps that can be adapted to furniture somehow as well. Somewhen. Perhaps. May be. We'll see xD
    PC/EU
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of an essentially enormous storage box in a house dedicated to just accessing it.

I agree that placing furniture would be prohibitive to performance but perhaps they could enable previewing so you could see your items before withdrawing to make sure it is the one you were thinking of?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't need a warehouse or different server, we just need Offline Storage that is accessible only through a menu. We have to move the item to our inventory before we can use it in the house. This menu could even be accessed in the house.

Do need a preview like we have when browsing a guild store.

Anyway, the Offline Storage removes any performance hit as it is not loaded with the character.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything please. Since something like a furniture bag is only seen by us and would only need to be loaded while in edit mode it can perhaps be stored locally but that opens up opportunity for hacks to fudge inventory
    Edited by volkeswagon on September 29, 2020 6:27AM
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, we're brainstorming here, guys (devs). Can you do the same? Pretty please? There has got to be a way. A brilliant, brain-stormy way to relieve us of this epic-sized and exponentially-growing furniture storage problem. :relieved:

(please help us)
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a furnishing warehouse, it cost me a million gold and is located right next to the luxury vendor. Unfortunetly its limited to only 700 items.
    [DC/NA]
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a warehouse like that, if a furnishing bag is not in the cards. It sucks having to get houses just to store extra furnisings in them, and I usually forget where I have what...
  • quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    The devs are smarter than I am. My guess is they have already thought of this.

One possibility is that it is more complicated than I think and is not feasible. This is remote. I have done professional database development work for a long time (not game).

Another possibility is that they have decided for business (dollars) or game balance reasons, that they don't want to offer this. In that case. Well, it is their sandbox.

Most likely, I think, is that they just don't want to give us all the candy at once. We love pathing and NPCs.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    delete
    Edited by deleted008293 on October 2, 2020 2:24PM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The temple at rimmen is free (quest driven), huge and divided into sections so you can use one of them as a storage yard for scrying stuff. That's what I'm currently doing at least.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't work like that. Many of us used several characters or houses just to store furniture items alone.

Personally I have this item, a flower, and I have about 20 of them. That flower alone means 20 slots. Then I have several variants of trees, rocks, flowers, ferns, mushrooms, each in large numbers...
    While this can work for individual and unique pieces, It does not work for bulk and large amounts of same items.
    Coffers alone aren't large enough for that either as there are over 60 different tree models alone...
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can store 240/480 items in our Bank. Through recent years the amount of items alone increased by a fairly large number. What if we can expand those numbers to 300/600?

The Idea of a Furniture Warehouse works great! However, instead of having a Warehouse, where we can go inside, view, sort items out etc, we could have an NPC that work similar to the Banker. This NPC should have a limited amount of space in the beginning, but through gold and/or crowns we can expand that similar to how our Bank works.

Expanding mount inventory should affect our Furniture Warehouse inventory just like our Bank inventory. Same goes for crown store pets which increase Bank inventory. They should affect Furniture Warehouse inventory as well.

This NPC can be situated somewhere near the docks with some crates around, near a boat with some crates in the boat or near a small warehouse.

We can also buy this NPC for our houses or as a companion just like the Banker, or Merchant. As a person or khajiit.

This NPC could allow us to sort items on categories, just like the Banker. (to be analized further)
    - Basic, something very simplified.
    - Advanced, on several categories, just like how the UI from Guild Stores or Homestead works.

Furniture Items curently stored in our Bank could be moved automatically in our Warehouse.

What about the items stored in Guild Bank? Those can be moved into a separate category from Guild Bank dedicated to furniture items only. (to be analized further)

I would say a big NO to a Furniture Bag. Unless it can be separated by the Crafting Bag entirely and have its own categories, simplified ofc. Sadly right now the amount of different categories of furniture items make things a bit too complicated for that and need to be analized further. Then this will change nothing to players which cannot afford to play with ESO plus. So I will sustain this idea only if it works in parallel with the Furniture Warehouse NPC idea.

Having a separate category in the guild bank for furniture only and those items counted separately is also a NO from me. Too simple to add and then with that also come lack of diversity and improvements.

... I hope I did not miss anything. But again Furniture NPC FTW!

Edit: We can also have an item preview in the bank or warehouse. Also we could access furniture crown store straight from the warehouse npc in order to buy furniture outside our houses for example. We could also have a preview of our collectibles such as mounts pets or furniture items straight from the same menu.
    Edited by deleted008293 on October 2, 2020 3:02PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I'm using Grand Psijic Villa as my storage. Stuff is all over the outside grounds. In fact I have to make another deposit there soon as my bank is now 95% full of furnishings again.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    The worst part of housing, for me, is organizing, finding, remembering if I even have something... EHT says I have like 2400 furniture pieces. I would say at-least 1700+ unique items (I do not usually buy/craft large amounts of furnishings, because I tend to decorate one home at a time). I wish I could have _one place_ to view them, and be able to preview, without going into the... many homes I use as storage (I own 30+ homes... >_<). I'm actually thinking of creating some legitimate categorizing system for myself. If anyone has done similar, I'd love to hear ideas!

Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I'm using Grand Psijic Villa as my storage. Stuff is all over the outside grounds. In fact I have to make another deposit there soon as my bank is now 95% full of furnishings again.

Yeah, I use Hall of The Lunar Champion for this.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done anything with Autumn's gate yet and store furniture there. Its a nice home but currently a warehouse. One day I'll decorate it properly.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now I'm using Grand Psijic Villa as my storage. .

I renamed mine "Storage Villa"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quinancia wrote: »
    I understand that a furnishing bag, similar to the craft bag, won't work because of the sheer number of furniture items there are.
    This is false.
    Management simply doesn't want to invest in the database engineering required.

• ClevaTreva
    ClevaTreva
    ✭✭✭
    + DD for a Storage Warehouse. <3
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can always use more furniture storage. I'd rather not use houses to store furniture because then I cannot decorate that house and have to go there, pick up the item, go back to house I am decorating and place item. It is so much simpler when the item is in bank/inventory/storage box and can be placed directly at the work-in-progress house.

Also, ZoS could halve (approximately) their item count by not having a crown-bound version and a non-bound version of most items. Since crown gifting has been added I see no reason for crown-bought furniture to be bound at all. Then when you have one crown-bought and one crafted of the same item they would stack! Maybe keep the furniture pack "special" items bound, but all the crown furniture tab stuff could easily be unbound. People wouldn't have to keep destroying rocks and trees that came with crown-bought homes for space either.
  • Sir Tanks a lot
    Sir Tanks a lot
    ✭✭✭
    Magic Sorter from the developer that now helps @ZOS_Cardinal with his add on maintenance. Architecture I think. Sorry if I got the name wrong.
    https://youtu.be/9sjfFpZ_ihw
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current status on my warehouses :p
    - Old Mistveil Manor(60%)
    - Grand Psijic Villa(50%)
    - Hunter's Glade(20%)
    - Mathiisen Manor (100%)
    - Pariah's Pinnacle (90%)