Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More Players Leveling Crafting?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Will the sticker book make more players fully level crafting? I would guess so, at least for gear.

Also, can my main crafter remake the item and then just pass it to one of my other characters? Or does the character that wants to use it have to level crafting sufficiently?

That would probably not be a problem for me in the long run, but it can take a while to get a new alt up in crafting. (Yeah, I do that, smart or not!)
PC
PS4/PS5
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose some players are leveling up crafting though most players that are at least somewhat serious have already done work on crafting for the transmutation of traits and upgrading gear.

The items are added to collections which indicates our crafter can craft any "learned" item even if they are not the ones who equiped the item. I have not tested it but collections are accessible to all characters so this should be no different.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk is right.

The “sticker book” is account-wide ... so any character (with the requisite crafting knowledge) can reconstruct directly from the “sticker book” itself at that character’s level.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 23, 2020 1:45AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought the video said that the level in crafting was needed as well, but I could easily be wrong on that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the video said that the level in crafting was needed as well, but I could easily be wrong on that.

Yes ... with the requisite crafting knowledge.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 23, 2020 2:41AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you'd need to know the traits in order to make the reconstructed item the trait you desire, you'd also probably want to have the temper expertise passives to reduce the materials cost
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and as I had mentioned, most semi-serious players have already leveled up crafting so they can upgrade gear (need the passives to reduce cost) and have learned traits for transmutation. For both changing traits and this new system one just needs to know the traits they want to use.