The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Writ Crafting Changes

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I watched that part of the video, but I was not clear on whether you have to accept the writ to get the bonus features.

Do I have to accept a writ (1 per type still) to know if you can craft that item/style? Or will the new system tell you before you accept the writ? The latter would be what is really needed. I like knowing what I am supposed to craft now of course, but knowing if even know the style (the big problem) and sometimes if I have the style trait mat is more important.

I would also love to be able to accept several master writs of the same type so I can craft a bunch at a time, not just one (before a run to turn it in).
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the UI displays the active master writ quest in your quest log (while inside the crafting table). That's after accepting the writ quest.

The other features you mentioned aren't in this patch ... but could be ideas for the next UI update.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I clearly need to listen closer. I was sure he said something about trait mats and styles. But I think you are right about the log. It is nice to know what we are doing now, but knowing if we could do it is very important as well.

He did talk about more than 1 item at the same table, unless I missed that too.

I will probably just wait to see what shows up however. Even a step in the right direction would be better.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had time to actually check out the system yet on PTS, with being back at work and all.

I was under the impression that Rob said that it would tell you whether you could do it or not, but he was mistaken when he said you'd get back "all the materials"... when it's 25 transmutes (the full cost if you have collected all items of a set in your sticker book), and a chance at the improvement materials (which makes sense, otherwise you could just play the odds, and try and convert transmute stones to a gain of 7 dreugh wax by upgrading using only 1)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I haven't had time to actually check out the system yet on PTS, with being back at work and all.

I was under the impression that Rob said that it would tell you whether you could do it or not, but he was mistaken when he said you'd get back "all the materials"... when it's 25 transmutes (the full cost if you have collected all items of a set in your sticker book), and a chance at the improvement materials (which makes sense, otherwise you could just play the odds, and try and convert transmute stones to a gain of 7 dreugh wax by upgrading using only 1)

That was my understanding, too, @tmbrinks ... there's a lengthy thread on the topic already in the PTS forums:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/546518/deconstructing-reconstructed-items-does-not-return-all-upgrade-mats#latest

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 23, 2020 1:20PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...)Do I have to accept a writ (1 per type still) to know if you can craft that item/style? Or will the new system tell you before you accept the writ?(...)

The new system won't let you know if you can craft the master writ or not, It will work just like the daily writs work - will tell you what needs to be done in order to the quest be completed.

You still need to go to a common crafting table to be aware of the pieces and styles you can craft: my advise as a console comrade is if you know many styles, take note of the styles you can't craft. If you know only a few styles, take note of those you can craft. Personally I take note of those I can't craft - that's my whishlist when visiting traders lol

Regarding crafting/delivering many master writs at one single time, I just memorize the request before crafting it. I only accept the master writ quest (the one by one) when delivering it. This is how I deliver master writs in batches. It's painfully long and time consuming to craft and deliver one by one lol
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Master Writ changes look pretty thin. IIRC, you accept the writ, the quest list appears with the writ listed, and white quest arrows appear on the crafting interface next to the stuff you need to use for item type, level, style and trait. I didn't see any pointers for quality tho'.

PC EU
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...)Do I have to accept a writ (1 per type still) to know if you can craft that item/style? Or will the new system tell you before you accept the writ?(...)

The new system won't let you know if you can craft the master writ or not, It will work just like the daily writs work - will tell you what needs to be done in order to the quest be completed.

You still need to go to a common crafting table to be aware of the pieces and styles you can craft: my advise as a console comrade is if you know many styles, take note of the styles you can't craft. If you know only a few styles, take note of those you can craft. Personally I take note of those I can't craft - that's my whishlist when visiting traders lol

Regarding crafting/delivering many master writs at one single time, I just memorize the request before crafting it. I only accept the master writ quest (the one by one) when delivering it. This is how I deliver master writs in batches. It's painfully long and time consuming to craft and deliver one by one lol

I am where I know a bunch, but still have a bunch to learn. One of the main annoyances is that finding if I know a style is a huge challenge since the styles are not listed in any reasonable order. Release date/time is USELESS.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure adding a note on the writ itself to be green if you know the style, red if not, would not be too hard and would fit other interface elements.
    PC
    PS4/PS5