Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerfing Critical - Request to Refund Mats

HappyElephant
HappyElephant
✭✭✭
Does the ESO team take into consideration the time players invest to farm and upgrade sets and weapons?
I transmuted my weapon to the precise trait just a few weeks ago after ESO buffed it.

Can ESO refund me the mats I had to use to upgrade my jewelry to gold, and crystals to transmute my weapon to the precise trait?

Chromium Platings are now selling for more than $105k gold each.
ESO owes me at least 2 million gold pieces, and 50 transmutation crystals.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too would like it if I could be refunded the past 6 years of patches going through making me change gear.
  • Sealish
    Sealish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the ESO team take into consideration the time players invest to farm and upgrade sets and weapons?
    I transmuted my weapon to the precise trait just a few weeks ago after ESO buffed it.

Can ESO refund me the mats I had to use to upgrade my jewelry to gold, and crystals to transmute my weapon to the precise trait?

Chromium Platings are now selling for more than $105k gold each.
    ESO owes me at least 2 million gold pieces, and 50 transmutation crystals.

Well, if you think about it, with the nerf in basic crit chance through CP and the increase in crit damage through Major Force... any crit chance that you get through gear is actually more valuable than it was before and has a larger effect on your overall damage.

Lets use an example with junk numbers since I do not know your build.
    I'm going to use magicka since I know the numbers a bit better, but given that the shift is the same for Stamina and Magicka the principals will stay the same.

Base crit chance with 5 LA and CP is currently 29%. Base Crit Damage is +50%. So the base crit stats increase your damage by an average of (.29x.5) 14.5%

Adding a gold 2h precise weapon you get 8.6% more crit. So an additional (.086x.5) 4.3% of base damage, or if we factor in the already increased damage, (4.3/114.5) 3.8% damage increase due to the weapon. If you have Major Force (+15% crit damage) the numbers change to (.29x.65) 18.9% base, (.086x.65) 5.6%, (5.6/118.9) 4.7% damage increase due to the weapon.

Now if we do the same thing but with the lower base crit chance due to the patch (23%) the numbers we get are: (.23x.5) 11.5% base crit stats damage increase, (.086x.5) 4.3% of base damage, (4.3/111.5) 3.9% total damage increase due to weapon. With new Major Force (20%) it becomes (.23x.70) 16.1% base, (.086x.70) 6%, and (6/116.1) 5.2% total damage increase due to the weapon.

So really... why would ESO reimburse you or owe you anything for buffing the items you just crafted? It makes no sense.
    They increased the value of the precise enchant by (3.9/3.8 - 1) 2.6% to 10.6% (5.2/4.7 - 1) depending on if you have Major Force or not. All gear that increases crit chance will be similarly increased in value due to the drop in base critical chance.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about instead of a refund, they allow you the opportunity to do it all over again and once you are done with that you will be given the chance to do it all again yet another time.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I wish they'd reimburse me for all the mats spent on upgrades because of their nerf bat swing over the years... good luck, if they do, PM b/c Id want the same thing since 2014
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :| No chance