The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No new vampire furnishings in Markarth?

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
I read the patch notes and I did not see any new vampire plans being added rather than the window. In the live stream I thought I heard 140 new furnishings but the pts only says 40 dwarf plans which is kinda upsetting bc I was really expecting vampiric structural items like we got for solitude style. Any idea on if they are coming?
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a bunch of vampire furniture in the new Crown Store furnishing bundle that's themed around Stone Garden.
    aw_crwn_furniture_bundle_vampirelab_1x1-19113aff45f8.jpg

I haven't looked at the furniture in detail as I don't have time for the PTS right now, but from what I've seen there are
    around 10 new achievement furniture,
    a couple of new home goods furniture items,
    the 40-odd or however many Dwemer plans they mentioned,
    around 6 craftable Reach furniture including Pergolas and chandeliers,
    2 new Antiquities furniture,
    probably Undauned trophies for the new Arena too,
    the 8 or so Vampire furniture from the bundle above,
    there are 2 new music boxes,
    and there will be 3 furniture in the new Crown Crates too,
    and 3 new statuettes for ESO+.

Not sure how much that adds up to, or how many they promised in the stream, but that's really quite a lot at first glance, it's not just the new Dwemer stuff. But I wouldn't expect structural furniture specifically. Unless they're saving them for Q1 of next year..

Edited by bluebird on September 21, 2020 9:13PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping we get the blue vampire lights as either a master writ plan or luxury furnishings. Pretty pretty please *bats slightly frosted eyelashes*
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping we get the blue vampire lights as either a master writ plan or luxury furnishings. Pretty pretty please *bats slightly frosted eyelashes*

There's an enormous Vampire Chandelier with Blue light in the Master Writs right now.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampire furniture is banned in Markarth
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

There's an enormous Vampire Chandelier with Blue light in the Master Writs right now.

That's not the one I'm talking about. :) BUt it is a gorgeous fixture!
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    I can´t wait to see the vampiric stained glass window but it has not popped up in the antiquity thread on the pts forum.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does seem like the theme for Greymoor was "Fancy Nord" and "Vampire" as far as furnishings go, while Markarth is "Reachmen" and "Clean Dwemer."

Honestly I was expecting things like last year, where Southern Elsweyr just dropped the same exact Furnishing plans as Northern Elsweyr, so this is a nice surprise.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering why there's a vampire styled anything since it's a disease, not a race.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    I'm wondering why there's a vampire styled anything since it's a disease, not a race.

Yeah. Vampires in Elder Scrolls just used the same furniture as everyone else before.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it's still a culture - vampires tend to hang out around other vampires, and they live a long time so they might develop their own style.

Although "Greymoor" would probably have been a better name for the style
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably for the same reason there are Solitude, Elsweyr, Alinor and Telvanni styled furnishings.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably for the same reason there are Solitude, Elsweyr, Alinor and Telvanni styled furnishings.

But those are specific regions. Vampirism is a disease that affect mortals of all races across all of Tamriel.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But those are specific regions. Vampirism is a disease that affect mortals of all races across all of Tamriel.

A number of them gathered together and built their own castle using commissioned builders. Not that big of a stretch that this included custom designs in keeping with the culture the Grey Host fostered while alive.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 30, 2020 9:46AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought for sure we'd get the smaller Vampire alchemy stuff (that you see on tabletops in vampire areas), but now I guess we could hope for a piece or two from Q1 2021 mastercraft additions.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really even know where to find the existing vampiric furnishing blueprints. I have like one...
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I thought for sure we'd get the smaller Vampire alchemy stuff (that you see on tabletops in vampire areas), but now I guess we could hope for a piece or two from Q1 2021 mastercraft additions.

Omg right. I want those:( like the surgical table