The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shade needs a buff

Ariades_swe
Ariades_swe
✭✭✭✭✭
Horrible skill for defense.
Streak is way better.
Edited by Ariades_swe on September 21, 2020 12:43AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you get XD
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    I rather they fix them rather than change them. With streak sometimes you wont even go anywhere when casted. And with shade sometimes the ability will double cast itself.
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t believe nightblade player on the forums, it is by far the easiest class to solo PvP on, its actually frustrating to see a class that literally has the most powerful burst combo be complained about. It has been indirectly buffed with shadow mundas change, is the only class to benifit from half the vamp passives, huge impen nerfs coupled with the changes to bow which gives more huge crit damage boosts and huge crit resist nerfs.

Shade offers minor maim that reapplies every 3 seconds so it can’t be cleansed, procs necropotence and can’t be killed. It also can be dropped anywhere and ported back to. if you think streak is much better and thats the defensive option you want go and play a sorc.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    I can’t believe nightblade player on the forums, it is by far the easiest class to solo PvP on, its actually frustrating to see a class that literally has the most powerful burst combo be complained about. It has been indirectly buffed with shadow mundas change, is the only class to benifit from half the vamp passives, huge impen nerfs coupled with the changes to bow which gives more huge crit damage boosts and huge crit resist nerfs.

Shade offers minor maim that reapplies every 3 seconds so it can’t be cleansed, procs necropotence and can’t be killed. It also can be dropped anywhere and ported back to. if you think streak is much better and thats the defensive option you want go and play a sorc.

THe funny thing here is streak being labeled a defensive option but the majority of players I see use it for full-up offense first, defensive only if they want to run away. More powerful as an offensive ability though.

But no, shade doesn't need a buff.
    Edited by pauld1_ESO on September 21, 2020 4:38PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Agreed. Stamnbs by far the best soloclass in the game atm and shade is the best defensive skill in the game.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on September 21, 2020 4:41PM
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    Shade is a wonderful concept but has issues.

The one that irks me the most is all attacks follow you after shade... Doesn't make sense.

If rolling on the ground 2 meters will dodge every attack, then so should instantly vanishing 20 meters away to the other side of a wall lol

I've literally had Snipe arrows stop mid-flight, turn 180 degrees around, then hit me through a wall. C'mon man.

Shade need a Ball of Lightning effect (streak certainly does not).

Make that trade. Give up maim if u have to, it never made sense anyway on shade anyway as a tool to evade multiple attackers, what is maim on one random zergling doing when there are still 24 others running u down lol
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Pretty sure they could just straight up give up maim and it still would be used by any decent NB. It is a fine tool as is
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    SHOW wrote: »

The one that irks me the most is all attacks follow you after shade... Doesn't make sense.

If rolling on the ground 2 meters will dodge every attack, then so should instantly vanishing 20 meters away to the other side of a wall lol

I've literally had Snipe arrows stop mid-flight, turn 180 degrees around, then hit me through a wall. C'mon man.

Make that trade. Give up maim if u have to, it never made sense anyway on shade anyway as a tool to evade multiple attackers, what is maim on one random zergling doing when there are still 24 others running u down lol

Hi @techyeshic

I don't understand, do you find a flaw in the logic above? Genuinely curious.

Why would we not seek logical improvements to our game?

Thanks for the honest feedback.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @techyeshic

I don't understand, do you find a flaw in the logic above? Genuinely curious.

Why would we not seek logical improvements to our game?

Thanks for the honest feedback.

It would make no sense to have projectiles follow you; I agree. But that happens when a lot of NBs snipe targets and they go around corners as well. It does not equate to needing a Ball of Lightning mechanic though.

NBs over the years could have used a lot of things. Something that makes them more evasive is certainly not one of them. In fact; their evasive nature is what has historically kept them weaker in a face to face fight as they have that advantage.
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    It would be much cooler if, when u shade you swap places with the shade, so that people are beating on the shade for a sec before they realize. Emphasis on the shade, not the shader!

The trade-off being that they would know 100% that u shaded instead of thinking u are just cloaked in the area, which is giving up a powerful confusion tool in itself.

I think that's a fun and fair trade-off.

Side Note / Fun Fact: I guarantee u many of the "nerf cloak" threads over the years were actually due to this cloak vs shade confusion. Someone disappears (shade), they spam aoe thinking cloak, can't find, then yell on the forums that cloak is op. which we all know, cloak is poo poo for a million reasons. Shade is the true defining NB skill. It is almost where is should be too, I think the above change could complete it.

Thoughts?
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible skill for defense.
    Streak is way better.

I prefer shade over cloak. Streak cant go through walls or up/down
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Power budget, guys.
    NBs, especially stam, are in an extremely good spot now that they have the damage they should have as an assassin class. A buff to defensive skills will now inevitably lead to a nerf to offensive ones. Do you really want that? I don't. I believe NBs should hit hard.