The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any more heavy armor Stamblade PvP builds?

Nova_J
Nova_J
✭✭✭✭
I have an orc stamblade I'm trying to run a good heavy armor build with. I'm currently using bone pirate and 7th legion with dualwield axe/dagger front bar and bow backbar.

All the builds I've seen online are really old/outdated, and I was looking for something with more dmg or burst than what I currently have. But at the same time I want to remain as tanky, any ideas?
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what ive understand and experienced myself and videos of some good players that play stamnb that for stamblade, you cant get tanky in a traditional way. You are better off with stam regen, medium with constant roll dodging and juking with shade/cloak.

Maybe you could do it before the shield n board and grim focus/dark cloak changes but right now its pretty much dead.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    hakan wrote: »
    From what ive understand and experienced myself and videos of some good players that play stamnb that for stamblade, you cant get tanky in a traditional way. You are better off with stam regen, medium with constant roll dodging and juking with shade/cloak.

Maybe you could do it before the shield n board and grim focus/dark cloak changes but right now its pretty much dead.

Well damn, ty for the reply anyway.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just slot a few heavy armor proc sets, push up your health and use health based heals. Works wonders in no CP.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova_J wrote: »
    snip

There's some Undaunted Infiltrator / Seargents Mail DW Heavy Attack (Oblivion enchant) builds doing the rounds that put out some decent *cough damage. I've been bored so my Mag Necro has been soloing Arx Corinium and Wayrest Sewers to nab some pieces.

There's a post on here somewhere with some discussions 😗 Lemme find it. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/545196/heavy-attacks-w-seargents-mail-undaunted-infiltrator-and-dual-wield/p1

Ultimately once you read though all the positives and negatives of several playstyles , you'll get a feel for what you want. Lately new Armor and skills are coming so fast, it's almost hard to justify Golding anything as Nerfs arrive so fast making your gear useless...My personal opinion of course :smile:

Edited by Cronopoly on September 21, 2020 8:05PM
  • KniteShayd
    KniteShayd
    ✭✭
    Just spam/weave Dizzying Swing like 99% of the meta players out there, then spam weave Executioner until opponent is dead. Teabagging is optional.
    No need for gimmick sets.
    Unless you want a tank NB. Then there may be a little creativity needed.

#ThisIsPvP
    #MoreClassSkills2021
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an orc stamblade I'm trying to run a good heavy armor build with. I'm currently using bone pirate and 7th legion with dualwield axe/dagger front bar and bow backbar.

All the builds I've seen online are really old/outdated, and I was looking for something with more dmg or burst than what I currently have. But at the same time I want to remain as tanky, any ideas?

What are you procing 7th with?
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

What are you procing 7th with?

The Blur morph that increases resistance.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    KniteShayd wrote: »
    Just spam/weave Dizzying Swing like 99% of the meta players out there, then spam weave Executioner until opponent is dead. Teabagging is optional.
    No need for gimmick sets.
    Unless you want a tank NB. Then there may be a little creativity needed.

#ThisIsPvP
    #MoreClassSkills2021

Lol you can do that with just about any class though.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamblade stays alive better in med armor than in heavy armor. But i'm one of those players that never stops moving, sprinting and rolling around. Use cloack wisely.
    And omg i don't dizzy swing because it's such a snooze fest. I prefer insta fast skills and action and sweet speed. I don't know how some players manage to cast dizzy 4 times in few secs, maybe there is a guide somewhere but yyyhh, not for me. Unless it's my death recaps heh.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »
    My stamblade stays alive better in med armor than in heavy armor. But i'm one of those players that never stops moving, sprinting and rolling around. Use cloack wisely.
    And omg i don't dizzy swing because it's such a snooze fest. I prefer insta fast skills and action and sweet speed. I don't know how some players manage to cast dizzy 4 times in few secs, maybe there is a guide somewhere but yyyhh, not for me. Unless it's my death recaps heh.

No one is casting dizzy any faster than 1 time every 1 second. The games design doesnt allow it, contrary to popular misconception.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauwer wrote: »

No one is casting dizzy any faster than 1 time every 1 second. The games design doesnt allow it, contrary to popular misconception.

well, the misconception comes from desync or lag im pretty sure. which got better when they removed the knock up from that skill but we lost a unique skill.
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it does hit many times instantly sometimes, probably each time i have died to dizzy swing spam. I think it's possible to take advantage the cast time and the lag somehow in some magic way not known to poor mortals like myself.
    Edited by Pauwer on September 23, 2020 9:42AM