The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Update 28 Writ QoL changes at crafting stations

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
It basically pre-selects the configuration you need if you use the Quest toggle... all you need to do is press "Craft".
So why not just go all the way and have it auto-craft like the Lazy Writ and WritWorthy addons?
Edited by Dusk_Coven on September 20, 2020 8:01AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    massive quality of life improvement for consoles (which I whole heartedly support, and have supported on the forums)

...and you're already asking for more before you can even try it out?

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's massive QoL change for consoles and no one deny this, but we can also talk about it. It was presented at stream so there no a big need to try it out personally. Lazy writ do it with just one button to craft everything so on PC people will still prefer addon than ingame solution which is bad because we miss oportunity to load a one addon less.

It''s really good idea to create official solutions to replace addons (and give new options for consoles) but when official solution is worse than addon - it's not very good :)

btw last time we got "Include bank items", now this - I really hope that this part of bigger plan to do regular QoL changes.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's massive QoL change for consoles and no one deny this, but we can also talk about it. It was presented at stream so there no a big need to try it out personally. Lazy writ do it with just one button to craft everything so on PC people will still prefer addon than ingame solution which is bad because we miss oportunity to load a one addon less.

It''s really good idea to create official solutions to replace addons (and give new options for consoles) but when official solution is worse than addon - it's not very good :)

btw last time we got "Include bank items", now this - I really hope that this part of bigger plan to do regular QoL changes.

To me, it's still like complaining when your parents give you a car to drive... but it's blue instead of red.

But, that's just my opinion.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is great. But I also worry it falls very short. It appears that you need to have the quest active in order for the crafting station to pick up on the needs for the writ. So you still have the issue of needing to identify if you can even open the master writ before opening, in which case you still need to cycle through the requirements for the writ in the crafting station, then back out and accept the writ, then craft it. Plus, since you can only have one writ open at a time of a type, you will still have to travel back and forth between the turn in and the crafting stations in order to auto-craft the writ.

This is cool for the regular daily writs since you only get 1 of each type per day and there are no style requirements. But Master writs are going to have the same issues, and you are better off crafting a handful of master writs in bulk without accepting the writ and turning them in and opening the writs in front of the NPC all at once.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ad I play on console and rally get itchy feel "waiting to play" as I do daily writs on on alts this is a big help. I have thought about similar things myself like why not x3 helmets instead of helmet, pauldron and dagger to make it easier.
    Time here is wasted and every button press is wasted time.

I remember many moons ago when the UI was so different, level mats didn't auto select from the last level you crafted and the cp-150-160 button was so easy to press by accident without knowing that I have lost 10000s of mats making a 160 piece of gear by accident.
    This is a progress from that making a tedious task even easier and less monotonous.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess this is better but it seems sort of overkill.

I really only need to be able to see the requirements while at the crafting station, I have no problem selecting the trait and style myself.

I will wait for complete judgement until I try it out, though. The way you describe it makes it seem like I’m completely out of the loop in the crafting process myself, lol!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I think it is great. But I also worry it falls very short. It appears that you need to have the quest active in order for the crafting station to pick up on the needs for the writ. So you still have the issue of needing to identify if you can even open the master writ before opening, in which case you still need to cycle through the requirements for the writ in the crafting station, then back out and accept the writ, then craft it. Plus, since you can only have one writ open at a time of a type, you will still have to travel back and forth between the turn in and the crafting stations in order to auto-craft the writ.

For master writs it's obviously an improvement that saves you from making mistakes choosing the crafting parameters.
    But they clearly didn't look at play patterns or what PC players were doing with WritWorthy.

With the addon you know from the tooltip if you are able to craft the item at all. That's the true first step before you even read a master writ. If you make a mistake there you're locked out until you can make it or you just give up waiting and lose the writ.
    Then of course there's the back and forth running around. Imagine if you have literally 100 master writs and they aren't even easy provisioning, alchemy, or enchanting.

Even if they just adjusted the tooltip to give us what Writworthy does -- tell you if you can do the writ on the character looking at it -- that would have been a better improvement IMO.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

For master writs it's obviously an improvement that saves you from making mistakes choosing the crafting parameters.
    But they clearly didn't look at play patterns or what PC players were doing with WritWorthy.

With the addon you know from the tooltip if you are able to craft the item at all. That's the true first step before you even read a master writ. If you make a mistake there you're locked out until you can make it or you just give up waiting and lose the writ.
    Then of course there's the back and forth running around. Imagine if you have literally 100 master writs and they aren't even easy provisioning, alchemy, or enchanting.

Even if they just adjusted the tooltip to give us what Writworthy does -- tell you if you can do the writ on the character looking at it -- that would have been a better improvement IMO.

I'm fairly certain they said that it was going to do that as well. I could be mistaken, I was doing other things during the stream, but I thought I heard the phrase "ability to do the writ" at some point.

Again, it doesn't even come out on PTS until later tonight.