The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

140 New furnishing item, new antiquities, new guest BUT

Asdara
Asdara
✭✭✭✭✭
0 new furnishing slots for houses, at this point I'm more excited about 1 more furnishing slot than any other content they would present.
Should we expect new furnishing slots at some point or it's a lost cause and I should move on from housing? It's been years now...
Edited by Asdara on September 20, 2020 12:04AM
Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
2: Spellcrafting.
3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
4: Summon weapon.
5: Change the Housing item limit.
6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, they already said it's technically impossible to increase housing slots beyond 700. I think they tried on Wraithome and could not make it happen, if Twitch rumor was true back then. I am excited about new furnishings but, increase the freakin' drop rates! I'm sick of seeing all this great furniture that is impossible to farm. Telvanni, anyone? Solitude? Don't give us new furnishings if you can't give us a reasonable drop rate on the plans.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with replacing existing furnishings in my houses for new items I like better, but man the drop rates are abysmal so a bit of a bump there would be really nice.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they allow us to increase the slot limit of smaller homes. These huge Manor homes need more than 700 slots to fill up, but a large and medium home would do great with 700 slots. ZOS can charge us crowns to expand our slot limit and we get more slots; it's win win for everyone.
  • Batgirl
    Batgirl
    ✭✭✭
    I missed that 140 new furnishings part during eso live, can you elaborate?
    Edited by Batgirl on September 20, 2020 2:58PM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batgirl wrote: »

I rewatched that part all they say is over 100 furnishings.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Batgirl wrote: »

I rewatched that part all they say is over 100 furnishings.

They said over 100 furnishings, 40 of which would be craftable, so maybe that's where they got confused on?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need a "housing" storage bag, similar to a crafting bag.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 houses, so far. I am also ESO+. I have only used about half the slots available in all of my houses so far, and feel that they look pretty full and complete. I'm not sure what else I can fit into them, so it's hard for me to understand how people run out of slots.

I'm not against them adding more slots, and support this. I'd just like to understand it.
    PCNA
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 houses, so far. I am also ESO+. I have only used about half the slots available in all of my houses so far, and feel that they look pretty full and complete. I'm not sure what else I can fit into them, so it's hard for me to understand how people run out of slots.

I'm not against them adding more slots, and support this. I'd just like to understand it.

The extreme house rebuild folks I guess who want to redesign the house to look complete;y different.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For me, I potentially run into limitations after adding all the flora I want. I like to have my homes nestled in the middle of a forest. I also do like to do some outdoor construction, and I like to reskin interiors (on console, so with items only). That being said I have gotten savvy about using particular items to make the biggest impact, so none of my houses are completely full yet.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should check out some of the houses of the regular posters, they're decorating masters, and if you went to one of their houses you'd see how we can run out of slots. I'm getting close with Stillwater and think I'm going to hit the limit before I'm finished with my ideas.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

The extreme house rebuild folks I guess who want to redesign the house to look complete;y different.

It's not just the 'extreme redesign people' as you put it, and it's not just the traditional limit either: as the game grows we've been getting more trophies/busts, but we can't display all of them. Same with mounts, pets, and other special collectibles. As for traditional furnishings, you don't have to make a custom build to run into limitations--even with only decorating you can still find houses like Thieves Oasis sparse with 700 items (not to mention 350 without ESO+).
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hopeful that with the upcoming Console upgrade, they might find a way to increase the housing limit.

My idea would be to have an additional "High Performance" limit. Anyone still on PS4 / XB1 would only see items in the current limit, while anyone on PS5 / XSX would see all items.

PC would just have a toggle in their settings.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Versispellis is your home open to visit?

I would love to take a look as I am trying to incorporate more flora and other things into my mostly half full houses
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve converted my Psijic Villa into a grand library for antiquities...the only problem is with more and more furnishings being released I’m out of space. I’m starting to make parts of the ground bare and limited to try and fit all the antiquities in, while still making it look good.

I currently have 698/700 as I wait for the two new antiquities, but I’d love a bump. I understand they said we won’t get more slots any time soon, but I at the very least hope they’re still trying to fix it rather than just give up.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 I'm on PS4 NA. If you're on PS4 too I can shoot you my PSN so you can come take a look! If not I'll try to grab some nice screenshots.
    Edited by SickleCider on September 22, 2020 5:53PM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perhaps Microsoft can help them make it happen. I wonder if being able create customized furniture that is compromised of linked items that could take up one slot. Once linked they cant be unlinked. So a table full of food and plates with its chairs could be permalinked into a custom furnishing piece that takes up one slot.
    Edited by volkeswagon on September 23, 2020 2:33AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 I'm on PS4 NA. If you're on PS4 too I can shoot you my PSN so you can come take a look! If not I'll try to grab some nice screenshots.

Yes @Versispellis I am same username on PSN, thanks!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes @Versispellis I am same username on PSN, thanks!

Okay! I'll send you a friend request when I log in later. 😄
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the furnishing limit is the most restrictive system in housing. I played Rift, years and years ago (2012-2013), and always found the dimension furnishing limit quite forgiving. I think that shows the difference between a game made for PC, vs one that is also on consoles. I remember (dimensions === plots of land that you build all your houses, etc, on) some having limits of over 10,000 items. Too bad Rift died. I debate installing it just for dimensions, but I worry about the longevity of the MMO.

I think that is why I am so disappointed... I know what it could've been... there were some amazing builds in Rift's heyday.
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    But if 700 is the cap then why not increasing the limit for smaller houses?
    Gorinir Estate has 600 and that 100 extra would make WONDERS!
    Bouldertree has 400 spots... and I could go on...
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinesy wrote: »
    Too bad Rift died. I debate installing it just for dimensions, but I worry about the longevity of the MMO.

I kept Rift on my computer just so I could visit my dimension, named Dimension Gone Wild. I lost it when I built a new pc, but have considered reinstalling for the same reason.

I loved how you could resize items. That is something we really need in ESO because one size doesn't fit all. As an example, I can now craft a Solitude wall and wanted to replace the ones I currently have in Proudspire Manor because they match the rest of the walls. But they are just too big enough that I can't get a decent fit. I'd also love to install the new door that opens and closes, but hear that doesn't fit either.
    PCNA
  • OfTheEight
    OfTheEight
    ✭✭
    Limits on anything graphical is only limited by the lack of vision. Here are 3 points that cone to mind.

1. Hardware can't handle it. This might have and is true with older hardware but for lack of vision. A simple slider to limit the distance items are rendered can fix this.

2. Can cause server lag. Not sure I'd this is a legit issue but have my comment on it. If this is a real issue than look into why so much information is being transferred in this way. One would think the data would only consist of Item#/Status/Coordinates.

3. Lighting issue. This is an issue with only the 700 limit, the issue has been that if you have a lot of lights (fires,candles,etc) the flames will sometimes not render. This I imagine is more so a physical hardware issue with ones graphics card. So ZOS you get a free pass on this one.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    But if 700 is the cap then why not increasing the limit for smaller houses?
    Gorinir Estate has 600 and that 100 extra would make WONDERS!
    Bouldertree has 400 spots... and I could go on...

I've been preaching that idea for while. Zenimax can make money by selling the upgrade for crowns and we get more slots to make our homes less empty; Everyone wins! There is no technical limitation because we are not going beyond the 700 slot limit. I can see no downside to this idea.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on September 29, 2020 6:39PM
  • Pinoh
    Pinoh
    ✭✭✭
    They always bring it up, But I am pretty sure its a console thing. Time to stop letting the last generation of consoles limit development now that a new generation is forthcoming. Or just move pc development to a separate track, and stop hobbling it.
    come visit my slide at my enchanted snow globe
  • frompa
    frompa
    ✭✭
    A simple fix could be to allow items to "stack" like they do in our inventories. All like items count for the same slot. 50 of the same chair, 1 slot. 1 ball of yarn, 1 slot. Inventories are limited to slots but items stack to cram more. Try the same with housing. Put caps on those stacks if necessary. Maybe every 10 of an item for a slot, maybe 15, maybe 25, maybe something other than giant houses with inadequate available slots.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frompa wrote: »
    A simple fix could be to allow items to "stack" like they do in our inventories. All like items count for the same slot. 50 of the same chair, 1 slot. 1 ball of yarn, 1 slot. Inventories are limited to slots but items stack to cram more. Try the same with housing. Put caps on those stacks if necessary. Maybe every 10 of an item for a slot, maybe 15, maybe 25, maybe something other than giant houses with inadequate available slots.

You can't stack them because every item has at least it's own unique position
  • frompa
    frompa
    ✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    frompa wrote: »

You can't stack them because every item has at least it's own unique position

I use "stack" lightly, not in the exact sense of our inventories. More as an idea. And you are not a dev for this game so don't say what they can and can not do. Be optimistic at least.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on the house as well as how you want to decorate it. I don’t imagine I’ll use all the slots in Snugpod and Kragenhome, for instance (and I love being able to furnish without worrying about that!) but I would love to have more in the Sugar Bowl Suite inn room, for instance. Some of the notables look to me like they would be impossible to fully furnish, even utilizing large furnishings, etc. I like to be able to add small pieces, clutter, if you will, to make a place feel customized, lived in. I am glad that we have lots of filled bookcases to choose from, but I also like to incorporate the books I’ve been collecting through the Mages’ Guild and that can take up slots quickly.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to do more of the fancy pants combining items but I like using most of the home and the item limit really prevents me from fully being able to experiment because you need to use more items to do that. Also being able to preview items in the home before purchasing either from guild trader or crown store would help immensely.