The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Special bag for furnishing?

Jacarranda
Jacarranda
✭✭
Probably this has been posted before, but I'm not really sure.
The idea is a special bag, or storage, like the crafting bag, but only for furnishing, so it doesn't take all the space on your invetory and bank.
What are your toughts?
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    It's been posted before, but it's such good idea that it should be brought up again. It's pain in the ass to have to put stuff in another house simply because you lack room in your bank and local storage.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that is very much needed.

I've heard that they are unable to do this for reasons I don't understand, but I think they could. We already have furnishings that are rewards for achievements that aren't in our banks, or anywhere I can see, but show up in the housing editor when you are looking to place them. I don't know where this magic place is, but why not put all furnishings there?

It's very frustrating to be working on your house and looking for a certain item, only to realize it's probably in another character's pack. This happens because you can use items that are in the bank, but anything you remove from the house goes into your pack. Please, at the very least make the items return to the bank.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 20, 2020 5:46PM
    PCNA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless things have changed since the last time ZOS said they couldn't do it, its unlikely.

That being said, it would be nice.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new changes coming up for inventory management (the ability to decon armor sets and rebuild them when needed using transmutes), the furnishing bag is far less necessary. HOWEVER, I think if they provided such thing, the community would be elated (much like they are about the new sticker book system).

So +1 vote for furnishing bag, even if they've already said that it would be difficult to do.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    With the new changes coming up for inventory management (the ability to decon armor sets and rebuild them when needed using transmutes), the furnishing bag is far less necessary.

I don't want a furnishing bag because I need the inventory space. I want it so my furnishings aren't scattered all over the place, and are always accessible to all my characters all the time.
    PCNA
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new changes coming up for inventory management (the ability to decon armor sets and rebuild them when needed using transmutes), the furnishing bag is far less necessary.

I don't want a furnishing bag because I need the inventory space. I want it so my furnishings aren't scattered all over the place, and are always accessible to all my characters all the time.

My work around for that has been putting down odds and ends furnishings in a house that I don't use. Then I can use the retrieve feature when I need that item.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My work around for that has been putting down odds and ends furnishings in a house that I don't use. Then I can use the retrieve feature when I need that item.

If I am in one house and I have an item placed in another house, I can retrieve it? I don't have to be in the house the item is placed in to retrieve it?

PCNA
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭

Can you tell which house you are retrieving an item from? This would work but only if you can tell which house you are retrieving it from.

Edited by LaughingGremlin on September 20, 2020 8:35PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that is very much needed.

I've heard that they are unable to do this for reasons I don't understand, but I think they could. We already have furnishings that are rewards for achievements that aren't in our banks, or anywhere I can see, but show up in the housing editor when you are looking to place them. I don't know where this magic place is, but why not put all furnishings there?

It's very frustrating to be working on your house and looking for a certain item, only to realize it's probably in another character's pack. This happens because you can use items that are in the bank, but anything you remove from the house goes into your pack. Please, at the very least make the items return to the bank.

If the gear stickerbook works well, it could be adapted to furnishings as well if a furnishing bag really can't work for some reason. Let me reconstruct any previously owned (non crafted) furnishing with some sort of restriction put on it so I can stop using houses as storage and just use a furnishing sticker book for it instead.

While they're at it, put a recipe checklist in game so I can see the little boxes fill up as I collect them.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jacarranda wrote: »
    Probably this has been posted before, but I'm not really sure.
    The idea is a special bag, or storage, like the crafting bag, but only for furnishing, so it doesn't take all the space on your invetory and bank.
    What are your toughts?

The official issue that they have given is that there are way more furniture IDs for database storage than there are for things like the Craft Bag. For example we currently have around 6000 unique furnishings so I understand storing that kinda stuff for multiple players -might- be too much for whatever they are using to retrieve that data.

With that said I do fully support being able to deconstruct furnishings for their full material value. A lot of the issue with lack of materials is that once it's a piece of furnishing we are just out that unless someone else needs it or wants it. This method might screw the people jacking up the market but it makes the actual housing players VERY happy because we can now safely decon hundreds of furnishings and just remake them if we need them later.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭

The official issue that they have given is that there are way more furniture IDs for database storage than there are for things like the Craft Bag. For example we currently have around 6000 unique furnishings so I understand storing that kinda stuff for multiple players -might- be too much for whatever they are using to retrieve that data.

With that said I do fully support being able to deconstruct furnishings for their full material value. A lot of the issue with lack of materials is that once it's a piece of furnishing we are just out that unless someone else needs it or wants it. This method might screw the people jacking up the market but it makes the actual housing players VERY happy because we can now safely decon hundreds of furnishings and just remake them if we need them later.

Excellent idea, for things that are craftable. What would you do with items that are not?
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent idea, for things that are craftable. What would you do with items that are not?

Storage chests would likely be more than enough at that point. I know the vast majority of what I have between storage houses is all craftable junk that I could probably sell off but I will likely rather want at some point again. If I could decon it all I know for sure the rest would fit in a storage chests. I'm speaking from an average player stand point here btw; not someone who buys 10-20 of every lux item every week and stores it.

I don't think it's fair to expect ZOS to make decisions based on a smaller base of their community but I think the whole of the housing community can agree that deconning craftable furniture would alleviate most issues for the storage chests being woefully inadequate. I understand some people really do have every single lux item in their multiple storage houses but I very much don't believe that's anywhere near a majority as most players just don't want to burn that kind of gold.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    @Kittytravel , I agree with everything you said I was just fishy for ideas on non-craftable items. Most my stuff is craftable. My poor toon just struggles along to get what little scraps as he can get.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on September 21, 2020 5:37PM
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kittytravel , I agree with everything you said I was just fishy for ideas on non-craftable items. Most my stuff is craftable. My poor toon just struggles along to get little scraps as he can get.

For ideas for those I'm personally still a fan of storage chests. I genuinely think they should add one each Zone DLC and Chapter. a 60 slot one per Chapter and a 30 slot one per Zone DLC. Currently we are behind by 3 60 slots and 2 30 slots going on 3. That's 240 extra storage slots which would be a massive difference and the likelihood of every player even purchasing those chests is relatively low.