The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Multiple Vampirism and Lycanthropy strains

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Hate to tell you this ZOS but theres a lot of players, including myself, that really don't like the new Vampire skill line. Some werewolves have also been unsatisfied with the current state of their skill line.

Why not add multiple strains of the skill lines and make everyone happy? You could add the old Vampire skill line back into the game. Many of my friends cured the vampirism they've had from 1-810 within days of the changes, I'm pretty sure they'd go back if they were able to choose between the new vampirism or the old one.

As for Werewolves. Why not give them Werebear? Or a Werebeast skill line that has some passives that work outside of Werebeast form?

This would work within the game's lore too since the lovely lady that turns us into proper vampires is actually able to change and make new strains as she pleases...according to the Lore at least. As for Werebeasts, werewolves are the most common but theres also werebears, werecats, and a couple other types of werebeasts in the lore.
Edited by hexentb16_ESO on September 20, 2020 6:09PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI, there are always players who do not like changes made in MMORPGs, including ESO. The information that tells the real story is the number of players who still play vampires and use the skills along with how they use them. In the end that is what Zos should go by to see if their goals are being met.

Also, multiple strains of vampirism and/or WW means more work balancing everything. Considering the last changes Zos made to tweak the vampire overhaul was likely due to balancing it would mean they would not create a new line they felt was unbalanced.

It is suggested to make everyone happy, however, you cannot make everyone happy so Zos should not try to go down that route.

Edit: BTW, I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the changes Zos made in the last update.
    Edited by idk on September 19, 2020 1:52AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Just an FYI, there are always players who do not like changes made in MMORPGs, including ESO. The information that tells the real story is the number of players who still play vampires and use the skills along with how they use them. In the end that is what Zos should go by to see if their goals are being met.

And that would be 0 (in letters: zero) highend players.
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, multiple strains of vampirism and/or WW means more work balancing everything. Considering the last changes Zos made to tweak the vampire overhaul was likely due to balancing it would mean they would not create a new line they felt was unbalanced.

The new line vampirism is pretty unbalanced when Bomb and snipe builds use em.

I don't think ZOS would have too much trouble keeping multiple strains balanced. Especially the old strain. I mean, how long had it gone untouched before they ruined it?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

In PVE!

In PVP we got a couple gankers running around but all you need to do is lite a campfire and begin polishing your Dawnbreaker in order to send them skittering away... unless they have a death wish.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

In PVE!

In PVP we got a couple gankers running around but all you need to do is lite a campfire and begin polishing your Dawnbreaker in order to send them skittering away... unless they have a death wish.

These gankers can do nothing in a duel, against tank builds, in a keep, a group or for their alliance. They're weak and far from highend.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In PVE!

These gankers can do nothing in a duel, against tank builds, in a keep, a group or for their alliance. They're weak and far from highend.

Agreed! Seems the only ability they have that can even be used in large scale PVP is that stun, and we all know how finicky it is with that stupid sight rule. I've had some success with Stupefy but the moment I get in a 1v1 I begin to immediately wish I had Fossilize slotted instead lol.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In PVE!

Agreed! Seems the only ability they have that can even be used in large scale PVP is that stun, and we all know how finicky it is with that stupid sight rule. I've had some success with Stupefy but the moment I get in a 1v1 I begin to immediately wish I had Fossilize slotted instead lol.

Yeah. Such a waste. They did it because of Fear. Give Fear utility, remove Hypnotize sight requirement. Done. An actually useful vampire skill. It just blows my mind how easy it is, takes half an hour to code. Yet ZOS do nothing for half a year.
    *shakes head*
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In PVE!

Yeah. Such a waste. They did it because of Fear. Give Fear utility, remove Hypnotize sight requirement. Done. An actually useful vampire skill. It just blows my mind how easy it is, takes half an hour to code. Yet ZOS do nothing for half a year.
    *shakes head*

They did nerf vampire's only damage dealing option, made sure Blood Frenzy would never be used outside of ganking before it even left the PTS, and added teeth to the Blood scion model!!! Can you believe it!!! Teeth!!!! Exactly what we asked for!!! /s
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In PVE!

*shakes head*

They did nerf vampire's only damage dealing option, made sure Blood Frenzy would never be used outside of ganking before it even left the PTS, and added teeth to the Blood scion model!!! Can you believe it!!! Teeth!!!! Exactly what we asked for!!! /s

*fangs
    Human teeth would look hilarious on a Blood Scion!
    xD
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My comment is correct that Zos gets the real information concerning the use of any skill line so us trying to tell them how much use a skill or skill line is getting across the game is much less accurate. Further, I keep seeing mention of the "high-end players. That is a very small portion of the game and not everything Zos does is intended to cater to them.
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone was a vampire because of the passives before. That wasn't really well designed.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My comment is correct that Zos gets the real information concerning the use of any skill line so us trying to tell them how much use a skill or skill line is getting across the game is much less accurate. Further, I keep seeing mention of the "high-end players. That is a very small portion of the game and not everything Zos does is intended to cater to them.

Balancing is done with highend in mind, because that's where issues show up the most. And they already have the numbers indicating the re-vamp was a fail, they just have personal reasons why they're not doing anything.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    Everyone was a vampire because of the passives before. That wasn't really well designed.

And most mag builds use degeneration and most stam builds run vigor just for the heal. SO WHAT! It truly boggles me why so many people are so hung up about a 10% increase lol. People run mage light just for its passive, and no one cries about it. People will fully lvl an entire skill line for 1 skill and no one has a problem with it. But god forbid someone becomes a vamp for 10% regen 😂😂😂.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova_J wrote: »

And most mag builds use degeneration and most stam builds run vigor just for the heal. SO WHAT! It truly boggles me why so many people are so hung up about a 10% increase lol. People run mage light just for its passive, and no one cries about it. People will fully lvl an entire skill line for 1 skill and no one has a problem with it. But god forbid someone becomes a vamp for 10% regen 😂😂😂.

Think its some mental scarring since it made them ugly and they felt like they had to because some guide had included vampire, which has led to this weird hatred people have for the skill line. Add on top of that the hatred of books and movies like Twilight, a couple of weird Roleplayers in the Riften tavern, and a few other things like that and you get a community of people who want nothing better than to make every single vampire suffer.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭

Think its some mental scarring since it made them ugly and they felt like they had to because some guide had included vampire, which has led to this weird hatred people have for the skill line. Add on top of that the hatred of books and movies like Twilight, a couple of weird Roleplayers in the Riften tavern, and a few other things like that and you get a community of people who want nothing better than to make every single vampire suffer.

Lmaoo I mean seriously it is one of the stupidest and controdictary things I've seen while gaming. And the fact they actually got the damn developers on that hate train is even more ridiculous. But whatev. At least the dogs weren't affected like the bats.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lmaoo I mean seriously it is one of the stupidest and controdictary things I've seen while gaming. And the fact they actually got the damn developers on that hate train is even more ridiculous. But whatev. At least the dogs weren't affected like the bats.

There are rumours ZOS never liked vampires. That they didn't even intend for them to be in the game, but Bethesda intervened since vampirism is such an icon of TES games. That's why that skill line was so lacking, with only two skills and an ulti and continuous balancing issues. Vampirism is now pretty much removed from the game save for roleplay, so... draw your own conclusion.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭

There are rumours ZOS never liked vampires. That they didn't even intend for them to be in the game, but Bethesda intervened since vampirism is such an icon of TES games. That's why that skill line was so lacking, with only two skills and an ulti and continuous balancing issues. Vampirism is now pretty much removed from the game save for roleplay, so... draw your own conclusion.

Well they made it obvious they were trying to kill the vamp numbers when they started with the nerfs so there probs is some truth to that.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering they're incapable of literally just copying the formula of Vampire Lord from skyrim and giving it to us, I'd say you're right. Especially when they know a LARGE amount of vampire-players, i'd say the majority (those that want something completely new other than vampire lord are in a close second and make up the other big-half of the vamp player base.) want it. They also know it WORKED for Skyrim, as a lot of people loved the changes to vamp from that game. Why not bring something very similar here? It's like having the answer to the problem right there in front of them but they swerved to the right to try and do 'something unique, yet the same, and bad.'

Whoever made the decision to give us blood scions, something no one has ever heard of, over vampire lords is utterly dumb. There's only 1 player character in the world, us becoming a vampire lord when we're already PERSONALLY turned by the *first* vampire ever (something that no doubt has not happened that much before. At max only her scions, that group of like 4 dudes were turned by her personally.) wouldn't be that farfetched. They could have made Lamae a vampire lord. They could have and nobody would have batted an eye because it makes sense. She is, quite literally, the mother of all vampires. But nah they had to be complicated and have her make her own form.

They could have said she was a vampire lord and made some EDITS to the form based on what she desires. But instead the new form is more-lore breaking because despite hating Molag Bal, she made us a form that looks almost exactly like him lol. Only thing we're missing is a tail.
    Edited by Vayln_Ninetails on September 20, 2020 9:40PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, god, don't give 'em ideas! Tails for Blood Scions incoming!
    (>~<)
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would explain that ESO Live. Yeah, I'm not going to let that go still. :D
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So.... when they said "Blood Frenzy ticks all the boxes of what it means to be a vampire" they meant that all vampires need to kill themselves? :#
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So.... when they said "Blood Frenzy ticks all the boxes of what it means to be a vampire" they meant that all vampires need to kill themselves? :#

;3
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as mag players don’t lose out on anything I’d love for a stamina vampire skill line so bad 🙏
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 21, 2020 1:02AM
  • Kardrik
    Kardrik
    ✭✭✭
    As long as mag players don’t lose out on anything I’d love for a stamina vampire skill line so bad 🙏

One of the things that irritates me about the current vampirism line is that it could so easily work for stamina chars, but they did dumb trash like even Blood for Blood scaling off spell stuff.

Melee vampires that have to lug around a friggin Gandalf staff

It could so easily work for stamina chars, but someone keeps insisting on keeping the "vampires for magicka, werewolves for stamina" dichotomy that doesn't need to exist
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes even less sense is there are stamina restore, sprinting efficiency, weapon damage, and max stamina buffs in the vampire skill line so its not like stamina vampires are completely shut out! All stamina builds need to fully take advantage of the vampire skill line is a stamina scaling spammable, but someone decided to pull the plug on that.