Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are dig sites randomly generated?

Ecileh71
Ecileh71
✭✭✭
I have been going nuts trying to find the dig site for the Spellscar Shard in the Elinihir group area. Keep getting my butt kicked by the mobs.

Are the sites spawned randomly within a given area, or is there a chance that someone might be able to let me know where it is and spare me some soul gems?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dig sites are random, yes. However, the vast majority of sites are well away from mobs.

Do you remember what Gabrielle said during the initial Antiquities quest, @Ecileh71?

Using your Antiquarian’s Eye in your Collections Menu will narrow down the search for the dig site by “pointing” a direction to the site itself. So, head to your Collections ---> Tools section to open up the Antiquarian's Eye. You can also move the Antiquarian's Eye to your quickslot menu for easier access.

Gabrielle would probably be disappointed when players skip quest dialogue and don't use the tools they are given ... but at least you're aware of it now. ;)

ON-npc-Gabrielle_Benele_03.jpg

(from the UESP ...)
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you get one that you don't like, you can abandon it, and re-scry it. Abandon it like you would a quest. The dig area will move to a different location 90% of the time.
  • juliandracos
    juliandracos
    ✭✭
    Hmm. Are you talking about the general area or the actual dig location within that area? I mean I have seen the general area move around. However, within a specific highlighted area, the location is the same. At least for the ones I have done.
  • Ecileh71
    Ecileh71
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm. Are you talking about the general area or the actual dig location within that area? I mean I have seen the general area move around. However, within a specific highlighted area, the location is the same. At least for the ones I have done.

That's what I figured, too. I have done multiple digs in the same areas of the world and the dig sites themselves seem to be in one of two or three locations every time...so I was wondering if they are like nodes in that they will always be in the same location (generally), or if they are truly random in where they show up within the larger area.

I did finally find the one in Elinihir, so hopefully Gabriella's robes are no longer in a twist about me.