Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Any motifs to build a good looking skimpy outfit?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
My new main is a nightblade bosmer lady that I've recently cured of vampirism.

I'd love to show off some of my body markings on her now since some of them look incredibly good on the natural skin, however I'm unable to find any good looking skimpy chest and leg motifs to really let them show.

Is such outfit even possible???

Does anyone have thorough knowledge of the outfit system and would be willing to share, pretty please? I would be most grateful.
Edited by Nyladreas on September 18, 2020 7:01PM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun Chest and Fang Worm Chest are my go-to chest pieces for showing body markings.
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    mazzatun legs has the short skirt and the new legion zero legs are more short shorts than regular shorts
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer style is skimpy and you have it now.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead-water looks good not only on females but on males too - sometimes I like my guys to show off some chest....
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    post pics on how the tattoos look like on her
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer style is skimpy and you have it now.
    https://eso-motifs.mmo-fashion.com/search/?f=search&ptb-search=1&gender[0]=female&race[0]=men-mer&appearance_chest[0]=bare-chest

Agree, style 1 medium is nice and fit well on an Bosmer. Fang Worm does not show in this search.
    You also have some costumes like the tree climber who is skimpy.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stags of zen or fang lair. That's why they are so expensive
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sai Sahan chest is skimpy, but, yeah, the lower tier Bosmer styles in light and medium are pretty revealing. Try the Bosmer Jute shirt with Mazzatun Breeches maybe.

edit to add: looking at it again, the shirt may cover up the arms more than you'd like. If you want your arms to show, try the 1st tier medium Bosmer chest armor, or the Sai Sahan chest outfit.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on September 19, 2020 1:00AM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more short skirts!!!🥳

If you use the “show locked items” option in the outfit station you can preview motifs you don’t even have.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Legion Zero Vigiles legs are basically hot pants :)
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shrike Nocturnal Outfit, hide helmet
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    armor in ESO is far from skimpy.

I bought the most expensive styles like Stags of Zen, but ended up with what the screenshot shows:

IbXA0RT.png

It is the wood elf medium chest (cheap), Honor guard shoulders (expensive).

For the pants I used imperial breeches as I like the leather outfit, but meanwhile prefer welkynar greaves (medium priced) as they have a sexy butt:

ikqLC5f.jpg

I think it is difficult to make a character look more "sexy", alternatives are Fang Lair and Deadwater chests, but deadwater has undyeable yellow bubbles and flaps, and Fang Lair covers the shoulders.

Here is a Stags of Zen screenshot:

RIxOP88.png

So for anything more "skimpy" you would need costumes like the northic bath towel, or leave parts away like on this fun outfit I used for a party only:

3qrUJ2k.png
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 19, 2020 4:37AM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunno about good looking, since it's all a matter of opinion, but here's something:

XmE3vIF.jpg

Helm: hidden
    Chest: Wood Elf Jack 1
    Shoulder: Primal Epaulets
    Hand: Imperial Gloves 1
    Waist: I have Wood Elf Sash 4, but use whatever or keep what you have
    Legs: I have Argonian Guards 1 in the pic, but I think Mazzatun breeches look better since there's no shin guards with that
    Shoes: Soul Shriven Sandals

These are all pretty easy to get motifs, aside from the Mazzatun I guess.

Or just get a Nordic Bath Towel outfit, slap some colors on it* and call it a day. There's people who do that and with the colors it actually doesn't look bad.

*if you don't have plus you can apply a dye stamp, there's several free stamps that your character will probably have gotten at some point.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno about good looking, since it's all a matter of opinion, but here's something:

XmE3vIF.jpg

Legs: I have Argonian Guards 1 in the pic, but I think Mazzatun breeches look better since there's no shin guards with that

Or just get a Nordic Bath Towel outfit, slap some colors on it* and call it a day. There's people who do that and with the colors it actually doesn't look bad.

*if you don't have plus you can apply a dye stamp, there's several free stamps that your character will probably have gotten at some point.

Yep, have that almost identical on a Bosmer NB.

There's only so much you can do in this game. I tend to rely on Bosmer, Dead-Water, and Fang Lair, plus some of the costumes like Dark Shaman. Personally, I find the "cover it up" attitude kind of stupid in a game rated M.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

XmE3vIF.jpg

Yep, have that almost identical on a Bosmer NB.

There's only so much you can do in this game. I tend to rely on Bosmer, Dead-Water, and Fang Lair, plus some of the costumes like Dark Shaman. Personally, I find the "cover it up" attitude kind of stupid in a game rated M.

I just threw that together for the picture, hence the outfit station, her regular outfit is a full suit of Bosmer armor:
    CPs6nT8.jpg

I wanted her to be a practical, no-nonsense, kind of a badass chick. Who likes monkey cutlets. But, yeah, people should be able to do what they like. With the outfit system you can do quite a bit, but opening up more options would work. Being able to hide other armor pieces in addition to the helm would be nice, as would being able to toggle the tasset hip flap things.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are two body markings with the Timbercrow Wanderer's costume, and one with the CP60 Dark Seducer costume.

P6t1u8e.png

Edited by Jaraal on September 20, 2020 10:05AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gladiator Costume also works decent for showing skin ...

lysKrey.png
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Shaman costume with body markings:

X4MNyxv.png
    Edited by Jaraal on September 20, 2020 8:32PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan chest is about the best there is for male and loks ok on female as well...

DTw6Z0c.png

ZqtwxDw.png

--- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Here are two body markings with the Timbercrow Wanderer's costume, and one with the CP60 Dark Seducer costume.

P6t1u8e.png
    Timbercrow Wanderer's however has serious issues from behind as in granny pants.
    Kind of works on an Bosmer or Breton probably Nord. On an Khajiit, wait did she shaved her but???
    And goes way worse if you can not shave fur. Skins, Argonians, Redguards.
    Note you spend most of your time in game looking at your character buts.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    My new main is a nightblade bosmer lady that I've recently cured of vampirism.

I'd love to show off some of my body markings on her now since some of them look incredibly good on the natural skin, however I'm unable to find any good looking skimpy chest and leg motifs to really let them show.

Is such outfit even possible???

Does anyone have thorough knowledge of the outfit system and would be willing to share, pretty please? I would be most grateful.

You can also check out the Legion Vigiles Guards that were part of the most recent event. They are mostly just leg bandages for thigh area and nothing else.
  • supersonic_kitten
    supersonic_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    You can also check out the Legion Vigiles Guards that were part of the most recent event. They are mostly just leg bandages for thigh area and nothing else.

Yeah I thought they would let me make shorts but when you wear them with sandals it looks like this and I'm utterly disappointed. Guess we can't let people show any leg in this M rated game.

image.png

Edited by supersonic_kitten on September 20, 2020 10:52PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of my guys in Dead-Water plus Trinimac light legs:

bGWnMch.png

And assorted other bits, which I'm not in game to look at right now - DB shoulders I think, not sure about the rest.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on September 21, 2020 12:13AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huntsman chest (I forget which weight) gives you an attractive midriff.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much the only things I want to spend Crowns on are all of the DLCs, and the Whisperweft Gala Wear - after I first saw it 3+ years ago during the orig TG quest line. I still have crap res pics snapped of my TV screen - like a grandma holding up her iPad to take photos at a concert - while my main was wearing it. Lol.

“In this attire - you’ll float through the room like a zephyr.” Want.

S.