The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea for update 28-Critical Rune

Kawiikrocodile
Kawiikrocodile
Soul Shriven
Like weapon/spell damage enchantments, I was thinking about one for critical chance.

Jewels would increase critical chance, armour decreases critical damage, and staves would decrease critical chance on enemies.

I was thinking about this even before the combat preview came out. This would be an interesting development for PVP and PVE. You can have more build flexibility, not just Mothers Sorrow/Leviathan + X set.

For jewels, a kuta level enchant cp 160 would be in line with spell damage. 173 spell dam equal to what crit would be.

For weapons, it could decrease crit by 1000.

For armour I’m not quite sure.

Thoughts or suggestions?
  • Kawiikrocodile
    Kawiikrocodile
    Soul Shriven
    The positive side to weps could be increasing crit by 400/500 equal to the spell damage enchant proc
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Base set bonus is 129 SD/WD and 833 critical (3,8%) crit chance.

They said they specificaly are after Precise/Thief/CPs. They also said that weapon and spell critical will be merged into single stat, but nothing about nerfing it. So sticking to original ratio 129 SD/WD equaling to 3,8% critical chance should be the starting point in your calculation.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 19, 2020 9:13AM
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with the suggestion. We do not know exactly how their proposing to change the critical attributes other than consolidating the check sum into one attribute vyoked.

Until we understand the numbers better, as players, then we can lobby for critical runes or other alternatives. The consolidation will change several sets, such as medusa would be a heavy armor mag/stam set than magic exclusive. This competes to similar heavy armor sets, such as advancing yoked. There would be a massive sweep on how it effects hundreds of sets.