The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do I have to delete and install on PS4?

Technopium
Technopium
✭✭✭
Can someone tell me why I have to delete my game from my PS4 and the reinstall it from my CD 💿 to get the latest patch. I have to do this every patch and it’s really long! When I try to update normally it keeps saying I have not enough memory. When I have 20g available and the patch is only 1 g!? Is there a fix?
  • Pauwer
    Pauwer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something we wonder about in our house too. We always have delete other games to install an update, cause it says like 300g of free space is required to install. Then we delete stuff to make 300g available and download and the download begins... aaand it's 1g patch. No other games do this on ps4.
    Edited by Pauwer on September 18, 2020 7:49AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it has something to do with the "copying" phase of the installation. If my knowledge is correct it aggregates and compiles total game data, so the HDD needs that flux room to work. It's not something specific to ESO but an unfortunate quirk of installing on a PS. If you can afford to invest in an external drive with more space (2Tb is what I have) it'll help.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨