The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamina Templar BG build

Firstmep
Firstmep
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I wonder what the 2 people still playing stamplar in bgs run.

Im personally doing sheer venom/eternal vigor/balorgh/master bow

Good mix of burst and dot pressure.

Ive tried running builds without EV but i feel id have to give up too much to get the mag sustain elswhere, and it really feels like necessary to have that this patch.

Anyone?
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, 1 of 2 reporting :*
    I'm running Stuhn's 2H frontbar / Powerful Assault 1H+S backbar / Troll king + Torc. Sugar skulls.
    Pretty much substituting the "EV effect" via mythic and TK... Toppling charge to procc Stuhn's (other magica dumps include RAT and ER to keep Torc's stam regen rolling, otherwise recovery is awful).

Not stellar by any means, but works OK for fighting 1-3 enemies. Shield wall feels like the best Stamplar ult, even for offense, at the moment :D At least dumb ranged people eat their own frag/snipe once in a while, and allows for a bit of consecutive jabbing without instantly getting killed (outnumbered).

Bars:
    2H - Jabs/Toppling/PotL/Rally/RAT or Shuffle + DboS/Onslaught
    1HS - flex (Repentance atm)/Ransack/ER/Vigor (Powerful Assault)/Rune + ShieldWall

edit: since gap closers are bugged atm, using Essence Thief frontbar (Javelin instead of Toppling) until they fix it... if they fix it...
    Edited by Dorkener on September 18, 2020 10:25AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dorkener wrote: »
    Hello, 1 of 2 reporting :*
    I'm running Stuhn's 2H frontbar / Powerful Assault 1H+S backbar / Troll king + Torc. Sugar skulls.
    Pretty much substituting the "EV effect" via mythic and TK... Toppling charge to procc Stuhn's (other magica dumps include RAT and ER to keep Torc's stam regen rolling, otherwise recovery is awful).

Not stellar by any means, but works OK for fighting 1-3 enemies. Shield wall feels like the best Stamplar ult, even for offense, at the moment :D At least dumb ranged people eat their own frag/snipe once in a while, and allows for a bit of consecutive jabbing without instantly getting killed (outnumbered).

Bars:
    2H - Jabs/Toppling/PotL/Rally/RAT or Shuffle + DboS/Onslaught
    1HS - flex (Repentance atm)/Ransack/ER/Vigor (Powerful Assault)/Rune + ShieldWall

edit: since gap closers are bugged atm, using Essence Thief frontbar (Javelin instead of Toppling) until they fix it... if they fix it...

For open world I defo prefer spell wall over any other ult, but I found it that in bgs it's dots that usually get me, which is why I run bow for expedition, so I can focus all my Magicka on cleansing.
    But yh I've tried stuhn+PA and its a great combo, both sets are very Stat dense.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7th Back, Auto Front, Balorgh, Wild Hunt, Trainee x1 body.

I feel like Stamplar is the hardest Stam class to play this patch.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on September 18, 2020 7:47PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EV/sheer venom/trollking orc templar, using toppling and race against time, tri stat pots.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you succumbed to using proc sets yet?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried just about every combo this patch with mediocre results at best. I basically just settled on Sheer + Deadly and expect to have a terrible uphill battle every game.

Stamplar is in such a bad spot, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the worst PvP class this patch, and by a pretty wide margin (I play them all). We were already mediocre last patch, but ZOS neutered every tool in the kit that matters this patch. In general I'm fine with having the worst survivability if I have savage damage potential, but ZOS took that away too. Burning Light sucks, Crescent sucks, and Power of the Light REALLY sucks.

Cleanse is barely even worth casting since it usually only removes a tenth of the debuffs on you. Remembrance is laughable, one competent enemy can usually kill me during the cast. We 0 effective defense.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I've tried just about every combo this patch with mediocre results at best. I basically just settled on Sheer + Deadly and expect to have a terrible uphill battle every game.

Stamplar is in such a bad spot, I'm not exaggerating when I say it's the worst PvP class this patch, and by a pretty wide margin (I play them all). We were already mediocre last patch, but ZOS neutered every tool in the kit that matters this patch. In general I'm fine with having the worst survivability if I have savage damage potential, but ZOS took that away too. Burning Light sucks, Crescent sucks, and Power of the Light REALLY sucks.

Cleanse is barely even worth casting since it usually only removes a tenth of the debuffs on you. Remembrance is laughable, one competent enemy can usually kill me during the cast. We 0 effective defense.

in no CP yeah absolute trash, in CP (IC/Cyro) before AOE tests it was somewhat playable like a B+ tier class, but still had lots of issues, need to really work hard for little results.