Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Roaring Opportunist set Combo Question

Lab3360
Lab3360
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to get to 12 seconds. Does anyone have any advice on an additional set to help me reach the maximum of 12 seconds on roaring opportunist boost?

Jorvals Guidance is not an option.

I am on a night blade healer high elf
810 cp

Molag Kena
Roaring Opportunist

Character is a Vampire
Will be spaming Funnel Health

Are there amy overland or crafted set recommendations?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 8, 2024 8:10PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 spell damage glyphs on your jewelry, arcane trait

Infused large body pieces, divines small. All max magikca glyphs

Mage mundus.

Berserker glyph on your lightning staff as well.

Can also run Master's Lightning and use shock clench to get more spell damage.

I run it with Jorvulds, and get the full 16.8 seconds (which is a full 12 seconds without Jorvulds)

Doesn't really matter what you're running for the 2nd set in that case, as any set with max magicka or spell damage for the 2-4 piece will max you out. (and you could drop parts of what are above)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthfully I always just go RO/Jorvulds for the longer duration as the downtime is far less. I completely drop my monster set in favour of a unique resto and destro to suit what I need. If that’s not possible look at the likes of maybe Crafty Alfiq for all max magicka (then dump everything into spell damage and choose mundus according to what you’re lacking), Z’ens is a nice choice to pair it with on a DK but catering your heavy attack bar to be full of dots from the mages skill line and any class relevant skills that boosts either max magicka/spell damage. (Which you can do on all classes, DK just feels more suited to Z’ens bc of Engulfing damage %). Crafted sets maybe not so much..
    Edited by Astrid on September 18, 2020 12:44AM
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for the info. I inderatand now. I was confused abiut the amount of spell damage/max mag to get the max time from set.

Apparently you get 5sec regardless. Everything after 5 sec is based on the amount of sd/mm which will extend the time to a maximum of 12 secs.

Thank you guys.
    Really appreciate you
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    Thank you guys for the info. I inderatand now. I was confused abiut the amount of spell damage/max mag to get the max time from set.

Apparently you get 5sec regardless. Everything after 5 sec is based on the amount of sd/mm which will extend the time to a maximum of 12 secs.

Thank you guys.
    Really appreciate you

The tooltip doesn't match what is actually happening with it at this time (because of 'truncation' in ZoS' math)

The current calculation is your Max Magicka/6000 + Spell Damage/1000 gives you the time (in seconds) that Major Slayer will be given.

So, right now, it's easier to stack max magicka to get a longer duration.

They have said it will be fixed, when? no clue :joy:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Lab3360 wrote: »

Thank you guys.
    Really appreciate you

The tooltip doesn't match what is actually happening with it at this time (because of 'truncation' in ZoS' math)

The current calculation is your Max Magicka/6000 + Spell Damage/1000 gives you the time (in seconds) that Major Slayer will be given.

So, right now, it's easier to stack max magicka to get a longer duration.

They have said it will be fixed, when? no clue :joy:

Lol. Yeah I figured it out when the math didnt add up. 🤣
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To clarify, Roaring Opportunist is always used in combination with Jorvuld, to extend maximum possible duration to 16,8 seconds (which is 12 without Jorvuld). And for reaching that, I backbarred RO with these additions - infused lightning + berserker, domihaus monster set, infused big pieces, divines small piecies (all magicka enchs), arcane jewerly with spell damage glyphs, Inner Light slotted.

At 12/22 it's average set and 2 DDs wearing Master Architect outshine that. At 16,8/22, it's a very decent set and at least 4 DDs would have to wear MA and time their ultimates to get to this uptime.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 18, 2020 8:45PM
  • lolalie
    lolalie
    ✭✭
    To clarify, Roaring Opportunist is always used in combination with Jorvuld, to extend maximum possible duration to 16,8 seconds (which is 12 without Jorvuld). And for reaching that, I backbarred RO with these additions - infused lightning + berserker, domihaus monster set, infused big pieces, divines small piecies (all magicka enchs), arcane jewerly with spell damage glyphs, Inner Light slotted.

Is it still effective ?
    Which head to use with the spaulder ? domihaus or Magma and why ?
    Thank you

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lolalie wrote: »

Is it still effective ?
    Which head to use with the spaulder ? domihaus or Magma and why ?
    Thank you

yes it's still effective. Jorvuld's Guidance with Roaring Opportunist is still regularly used by healers.

I'd use Magma incarnate with Spaulder of Ruin, because it gives more recovery.

but why did you ask people on a post from more than 3 years ago?
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • lolalie
    lolalie
    ✭✭
    Cause it's the same subject.

Why Magma and recovery while we make HA ?
    Why not a Domihaus head : 1 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina (1 items) Adds 1096 Max Magica
    And roaring is max magica based (and spell damage)
    ty
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magma gives stamina recovery as well as magicka recovery, while spaulder reduces all recoveries. Loads of fights involve blocking and/or roll dodging to avoid damage which quickly eats into your stamina which isn't recovered by heavy attacking.
    Edited by Ishtarknows on February 8, 2024 10:32AM
  • irswat
    irswat
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need for magick recovery if you are heavy attacking twice every 22 seconds yea?
    The Lord Jesus Christ saved me from sin and darkness. His love has transformed me so that I am a new creature in Him. May you find Him too, and experience His richness and goodness!
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Hi there!

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.