The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about stealth

WastedJoker
WastedJoker
✭✭✭
Hi,

I've never used stealth in ESO so I'm unclear on the mechanics.

I was playing BG the other day and as expected there were more than a few players utilizing stealth. To alleviate this I equipped Mage Light:
Summon a mote of magelight, revealing stealthed and invisible enemies around you for 5 seconds. Exposed enemies cannot return to stealth or invisibility for 3 seconds. While slotted you gain Major Prophecy, increasing your Spell Critical rating by 2191.

This worked to reveal them but I found that after revealing them I was still unable to successfully attack them - target reticule was red and my attacks were happening but it made zero difference to their HP bar.

This happened numerous times during one particular fight against one particular person - landing attacks on others was fine and no signs of desync. Add to that they were right in the middle of a ruckus with loads of AoE going off so I honestly would have expected damage from those if not from me.

Is there some sort invincibility efect when a character is de-stealthed against their will?

Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll!