The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

character changes

webgeo99
webgeo99
✭✭
There are "race" changes and there are "alliance" changes. why aren't there "class" changes?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has said recently they're not interested in class change tokens, @webgeo99.

There are a number of reasons ... you can do a forums search in your downtime for past threads on the issue.

• MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they made Mount speed easier to get (Not take 180 days to max out) it would make progressing a new character way easier.

But they're not going to do this or make a class change token.
  • OutlawWoman
    webgeo99 wrote: »
    There are "race" changes and there are "alliance" changes. why aren't there "class" changes?

I agree. It's kind of a bummer. I made one character of each race, and I love them like children, more than children. I love them like pets, children are horrible.

Some people make and delete characters all the time, so it's no big deal to them, but I can't do that. I invest too much time and thought into them.

I only have Nightblades or Templars because I've always been too afraid to try the other classes in case I hated them. At least I know I can play those classes okay. Oh, well. It's fine, but it would be nice to try something else if your character's class doesn't speak to you. I would say of my ten, there are two I would try something else with. I can't really connect with my two MagBlades, and I already have five StamBlades I don't think I need any more.

I think they're afraid of everyone switching to the latest "it" class whenever it comes around. I don't know how many people would do that though. Not everyone is a powergamer. A lot of us just like finding something we like and sticking with it.

But whatever, it's their game, they can do what they want. I'm just grateful they let a horrible, boring player like me play too. lol
  • BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    If they made Mount speed easier to get (Not take 180 days to max out) it would make progressing a new character way easier.

But they're not going to do this or make a class change token.

Wait...

I'm still a bit new to this (played a bit back in 2018) but if I'm not mistaken, there are riding speed scrolls in the Crown Store. You CAN speed it up, but you gotta pay for it.