The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Bastion: A Fantasy (WIP)

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I wanted to post my work on The Bastion before it's done, because I"m tired of waiting 1-2 years for all the furnishings related to a chapter to be released, then seeing if I there's anything I can use.

There aren't a lot of furnishings at the scale of The Bastion, and you'll see that I'm not going for the "lots of tiny areas" look that seems to be how homes of this size are intended to be decorated. I'm hoping that by posting this as WIP, maybe some future luxury furniture might work...

The Bastion is not on EHT Community, PC/NA please PM me for a tour (@CaffeinatedMayhem Bastion Sanguinaris)
There are no FX in this home - all lighting is done with furnishings.

pE1OaAY.png

osjMTip.png

ce6Sy0k.png

There's a lot more I want to do, just lacking materials to do so. And the Dwarven pipes package... (please don't tell me to ask Customer Service, they refuse to sell me anything that isn't in store)
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 1, 2023 4:46AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks amazing!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you. :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    I visited this home, and love the way you've themed each large room in various colours. The purple was my favourite, so hauntingly beautiful. It felt as though there was magic there. Very pretty. It's impressive that you've used no fx to achieve the vibrant colours.

I wandered down to the water at the front of the building and was treated to a gorgeous, magically lit pond.

Looking forward to visiting again when it's closer to finished, so I can see your vision in it's entirety. :)
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    Lighting is everything. I never liked Bastion Sanguinaris until I saw what you did. Nice Job!!
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    this looks amazing, thanks for sharing ♡
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • The_Sykotik
    The_Sykotik
    Soul Shriven
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you use for the red and the purple light sources. Only red light i've found that strong is the totem of the 6th house. But the lighting in yours seems a lot more strong. Thanks for sharing eithet way, looks amazing and really sets a cool atmosphere in the house.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you dont mind me asking, what did you use for the red and the purple light sources. Only red light i've found that strong is the totem of the 6th house. But the lighting in yours seems a lot more strong. Thanks for sharing eithet way, looks amazing and really sets a cool atmosphere in the house.

Thanks! <3

Red-only:
    Probably Not Punch Bowl of Mayhem, achievement furnishing (this is a strong red beam light, with a black cloud)
    Hemo Helot, Benign, achievement furnishing (red blood ball from Undaunted)

Purple only:
    Colovian Projection Crystal, achivement furnishing
    Glow Bush, Purple (luxury furnishing)

Multi-color (some red and some purple)
    Hlaalu Salt lamp, crafted
    Cursed orb of Meridia, achievement (Undaunted)

The one red light source I'm not currently using is the Stone Orb achievement furnishing (undaunted) just didn't work.

Btw - all the Undaunted furnishings only require a normal clear, which is possible even if you don't normally run dungeons. :)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on September 23, 2020 3:12PM
  • The_Sykotik
    The_Sykotik
    Soul Shriven
    Omg thank you so much @CaffeinatedMayhem you're too awesome! You seriously just made my day because i've always been on hunts for good strong light sourcing. Thanks a ton!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really gorgeous build! I love the two -toned lighting especially, as you have outside and in the main hall — aqua with green and then with purple. :) And wonderful use of those coldharbour crystals too!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age, as it was last active on October 2020. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.